Author Topic: Israel: Fly Card Premium (MasterCard version) 1st Year Free & 200 pt SUB  (Read 1251 times)

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
I stumbled across a non-public offer via an ad for the Fly Card Premium (full MasterCard, not the Diners/MC combo) offering no fee first year and 200 point SUB.  If you're in Israel and looking for a solid card (by Israeli standards), this is definitely the best-ever sign up offer.   Nice to see a little innovation going on in this market...

Link: https://www.cal-online.co.il/cards/flycard/fcpremium?utm_source=360&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=premium&utm_term=gopr&utm_content=https://travel.walla.co.il/item/3406407

Offline Kachnik

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel: Fly Card Premium (MasterCard version) 1st Year Free & 200 pt SUB
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 10:35:53 AM »
I stumbled across a non-public offer via an ad for the Fly Card Premium (full MasterCard, not the Diners/MC combo) offering no fee first year and 200 point SUB.  If you're in Israel and looking for a solid card (by Israeli standards), this is definitely the best-ever sign up offer.   Nice to see a little innovation going on in this market...

Link: https://www.cal-online.co.il/cards/flycard/fcpremium?utm_source=360&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=premium&utm_term=gopr&utm_content=https://travel.walla.co.il/item/3406407
And if I already have the "regular" flycard?

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 12:38:26 PM »
And if I already have the "regular" flycard?

Pretty sure you can get the bonus if you've never had the Premium.  At any rate it's free for a year and beats the regular FlyCard in every way, so no reason not to go for it.

Online bendor

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 06:45:01 AM »
Nice find!
I noticed that in the terms at the bottom it says says:
* FLY CARD PREMIUM
לקוחות מחזיקי כרטיס FLY CARD PREMIUM
 שאינם חברי מועדון במעמד זהב, פלטינה וטופ פלטינה, מחויבים להיקף שימושים של ₪10,000 ומעלה בממוצע לחודש בכרטיס האשראי (למעט עסקות שיבוצעו במוסדות ממשלתיים כמפורט במסמכי ההצטרפות) שהם צבירת 52 נקודות כתוצאה מרכישות בכרטיס האשראי בממוצע לחודש (בתקופה של 12 חודשים)
Although it doesn't mention what happens if you *don't* hit that threshold. I'll probably get it anyways and see what happens.

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 08:09:48 AM »
From experience, after six months to a year of not meeting the spend target, you'll get an email from El Al saying they've noticed, and if you don't make up the difference by such and such date, all the ancillary benefits will cease (preferred seating, etc.).  I believe the card will still earn at 1:190, but not sure if you'll still have access to the lower FlyCard/Executive redemption levels.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 08:19:30 AM by moe8555 »

Offline Kachnik

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 08:28:23 AM »
From experience, after six months to a year of not meeting the spend target, you'll get an email from El Al saying they've noticed, and if you don't make up the difference by such and such date, all the ancillary benefits will cease (preferred seating, etc.).  I believe the card will still earn at 1:190, but not sure if you'll still have access to the lower FlyCard/Executive redemption levels.
i suspect there is a rather hefty monthlyfee for those not meeting tje threshold. It should be in the fine print.

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 08:43:07 AM »
i suspect there is a rather hefty monthlyfee for those not meeting tje threshold. It should be in the fine print.

The fee is 38.90₪ whether you meet the threshold or not, but first year is free.  If you have status with El Al, the card is free to hold regardless of spend and even after first year (as long as you have status).