Author Topic: For how long can a Chase rep see why I was denied for a card?  (Read 2932 times)

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
For how long can a Chase rep see why I was denied for a card?
« on: December 11, 2011, 05:25:25 PM »
I applied for 3 cards back in July and was declined for one of them due to the fact that I already had a card of that type open (CO 1pass plus).  I would like to re-apply for that card since I closed my existing account a month ago. 

Will it be obvious to the rep that I just closed it in the interim to avoid the problem of applying while having one open already?  (One week from today will be 5 months since the July application.  Since the CO card will be gone by January, I can't wait out the six month window that Chase is so particular about)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: For how long can a Chase rep see why I was denied for a card?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:52:03 PM »
I believe they can see your closed cards for a few months. Just like when you log on to chase.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 09:06:03 PM »
I applied for 3 cards back in July and was declined for one of them due to the fact that I already had a card of that type open (CO 1pass plus).  I would like to re-apply for that card since I closed my existing account a month ago. 

Will it be obvious to the rep that I just closed it in the interim to avoid the problem of applying while having one open already?  (One week from today will be 5 months since the July application. Since the CO card will be gone by January, I can't wait out the six month window that Chase is so particular about)

They're not as strict as they say they are. They shouldn't see your closed account if it's been 30 days, and even if they can you can say that you thought it cannot be reopened after 30 days so you applied again.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline SPLP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 02:57:37 AM »

Will it be obvious to the rep that I just closed it in the interim to avoid the problem of applying while having one open already?  (One week from today will be 5 months since the July application.  Since the CO card will be gone by January, I can't wait out the six month window that Chase is so particular about)
how long do u need to wait from time u applied for co card to churn , i thought could not churn