Author Topic: Vaccine passport here we come  (Read 8452 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccine passport here we come
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2021, 08:15:02 PM »
NY has its own version

https://epass.ny.gov/identity

I posted about this upthread:

Haven't see DDF discussion before of NYS's version of a vaccine passport:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-launch-excelsior-pass-help-fast-track-reopening-businesses-and

Cute how the SEO-optimized permalink ends mid-sentence :P
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: hilton diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2021, 12:42:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/ehasbrouck/status/1373691706005057538

yea this is totally normal!!

question - whats to stop them from going much further then just simply showing if you have been vaccinated? if they get us so easily to go along with this then how about in the qr code it starts having other info like medical records..so when they want you in the fall to get the flu shot theyll just add that in that you must get the flu shot and itll be included under this digital ID. are you going to be ok with that? 

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2021, 12:45:14 PM »
Sounds like a cool idea

but  are not applicable to me and, I was able to attend without one.

When Shoprite, Target etc. will let me in with it, without a mask, I'll sign up.
masks might never go away!

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2021, 12:46:50 PM »
Press Sec. Jen Psaki on federal government supporting vaccine passports: "The government is not now, nor will we be supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential. There will be no federal vaccinations database."

of course theyll say that. but they'll "recommend" it and then have private business do there dirty work for them.

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2021, 12:52:10 PM »
" allowing places to only grant access to those who are vaccinated will raise the incentive to vaccinate for people who are on the fence."

weve gone from 15 days to slow the spread to show me your vaccine passport to enter a store????? only took them a year.

you really cant feel safe walking into a store or flying on an airplane with someone who hasn't taken the vaccine?

i thought the government and the experts all told us that once you take the vaccine your safe, you cant transmit or get the virus. if that's true then what are people so worried about? if its not true then whats the point of having vaccine passports?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2021, 12:57:56 PM »
this doesnt scare anyone?

Big tech is just a cover for Big Brother...
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2021, 01:03:10 PM »
weve gone from 15 days to slow the spread to show me your vaccine passport to enter a store????? only took them a year.

you really cant feel safe walking into a store or flying on an airplane with someone who hasn't taken the vaccine?

i thought the government and the experts all told us that once you take the vaccine your safe, you cant transmit or get the virus. if that's true then what are people so worried about? if its not true then whats the point of having vaccine passports?

None of what you're saying makes sense or is relevant to what I wrote. What I said was that a vaccine passport that grants people access can incentivise people who are on the fence to vaccinate.

A year ago there was less knowledge about COVID spread, less treatment options, no vaccine, and (in February/early March) less spread. Restrictions still slow the spread, though you can't prove it because they prevent spread that doesn't happen because you have the restrictions in place.

This isn't about fear for my safety, it's about reaching real herd immunity and ending the pandemic and related economic and social burdens and costs.

Vaccines aren't 100% effective, but as vaccination increases, there's less societal risk for infection.

That answers all your irrelevant questions, but I doubt you're looking for answers or that anything I might say could change your mind.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2021, 01:04:11 PM »
i thought the government and the experts all told us that once you take the vaccine your safe, you cant transmit or get the virus.
Fake news. They said it's 75-95% depending on which vaccine.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2021, 03:09:16 PM »

75-95% effective against whatever endpoints were in the clinical trials, mild symptomatic disease for mRNA, I believe moderate or severe for J&J.

There isn't enough data to know how effective the vaccine is against asymptomatic infection, and how infectious/contagious fully vaccinated asymptomatic COVID patients are. And the government and expects never said or implied otherwise.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2021, 03:17:34 PM »
masks might never go away!
Come to Israel. They are gone
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2021, 03:33:35 PM »
Come to Israel. They are gone
yea heard that as well people in charaidi neighborhoods can finally breath fresh air outdoors with out masks and the worries of getting hit with a fine or worse.

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2021, 03:37:27 PM »

so is this all about masks? meaning were worried thaT unvaxed people will be allowed to consort with vaxed people and they will spread? bec if what your saying is correct even if you have been fully vaccinated you still may be able to pass it on?

and why in America is there virtually zero talk of the recovered being ok to get a passport? whats wrong with natural immunity? even in isreal they acknowledge this, why not here? 

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2021, 03:46:20 PM »
None of what you're saying makes sense or is relevant to what I wrote. What I said was that a vaccine passport that grants people access can incentivise people who are on the fence to vaccinate.

A year ago there was less knowledge about COVID spread, less treatment options, no vaccine, and (in February/early March) less spread. Restrictions still slow the spread, though you can't prove it because they prevent spread that doesn't happen because you have the restrictions in place.

This isn't about fear for my safety, it's about reaching real herd immunity and ending the pandemic and related economic and social burdens and costs.

Vaccines aren't 100% effective, but as vaccination increases, there's less societal risk for infection.

That answers all your irrelevant questions, but I doubt you're looking for answers or that anything I might say could change your mind.

i disagree with my questions being not valid.

in america we have people who were immune with T-CELL cross reaction immunity, recovered with antibodies and now vaccinated-i would argue were well off on our way to reach heard immunity.
but more so why do you think we need an incentive of vaccine passports for people on the fence? if people are hesitant then they have there reasons. for the moment this still a free country.

no one should be forced or coerced to inject anything into there body its just wrong!

i dont get how you dont see there just trying to control us?  bec thats what this is. there saying you cant to X without showing an ID verifying you injected a drug into your body, how does that sound normal ?

whether the vax is safe or not i believe is a totally separate issue from having a vaccine passport.

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2021, 06:12:22 PM »
Haven't see DDF discussion before of NYS's version of a vaccine passport:

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-launch-excelsior-pass-help-fast-track-reopening-businesses-and

Washington Post's tech consultant generated a fake Excelsior Pass in 11 minutes. It asks for some basic biographical info that he found about the person using public records. It then asks questions about when and where you got vaccinated and which vaccine, which he was able to copy from the person's CDC card that was posted on social media. It also works on the honor system that you won't then go and install your legit pass on someone else's phone.
This should keep us all safe! And you wonder why Israel doesn't trust anyone else's "records."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/04/08/vaccine-passport-new-york-excelsior-pass/   (open in incognito to bypass paywall)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:17:32 PM by Traveler718 »

Offline db23

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2021, 10:28:22 AM »
Washington Post's tech consultant generated a fake Excelsior Pass in 11 minutes. It asks for some basic biographical info that he found about the person using public records. It then asks questions about when and where you got vaccinated and which vaccine, which he was able to copy from the person's CDC card that was posted on social media. It also works on the honor system that you won't then go and install your legit pass on someone else's phone.
This should keep us all safe! And you wonder why Israel doesn't trust anyone else's "records."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/04/08/vaccine-passport-new-york-excelsior-pass/   (open in incognito to bypass paywall)
just curious why your equating false passports to us "not being safe"? you really think that if there are certain people not getting vaxed -that they are somehow a danger to you? even fully vaxed can catch and spread. nothing is absolute. take the va, don't take the vax, i wouldn't be so quick to label people as a danger if they wish not to-that's going down a very slippery slope.

these passports in general are a very bad idea.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2021, 11:35:59 AM »
just curious why your equating false passports to us "not being safe"? you really think that if there are certain people not getting vaxed -that they are somehow a danger to you? even fully vaxed can catch and spread. nothing is absolute. take the va, don't take the vax, i wouldn't be so quick to label people as a danger if they wish not to-that's going down a very slippery slope.

He actually mentioned safety sarcastically. Keep on droning, nobody’s listening anyway.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2021, 02:25:39 PM »

Although it’s increasingly harder to comprehend what exactly you’re trying to articulate, you do realize that your argument of “even fully vaccinated people can catch” is an answer to “how is he a danger”, right?

I’m starting to thing the solution to anti-vaxxers is just math.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2021, 04:38:12 PM »
Although it’s increasingly harder to comprehend what exactly you’re trying to articulate, you do realize that your argument of “even fully vaccinated people can catch” is an answer to “how is he a danger”, right?

I’m starting to thing the solution to anti-vaxxers is just math.
Lol
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2021, 11:57:36 AM »

in america we have people who were immune with T-CELL cross reaction immunity, recovered with antibodies and now vaccinated-i would argue were well off on our way to reach heard immunity.

Or at least so you've "heard".... :P

I herd there are some experts in Israel who think they already reached heard immunity, of course that's mainly due to their vaccines. We live in truly amazing times....