Author Topic: Date of second dose  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Date of second dose
« on: January 05, 2021, 08:53:58 AM »
I received my first dose of Pfizer vaccine December 25. I'm currently scheduled to get second dose January 18th. Considering trying to move up the second dose so I can leave the country (have a sick grandmother). Anyone know where it's published how soon it's safe/effective to get the second dose?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline iAm

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Date of second dose
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 11:08:31 AM »
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/clinical-considerations.html

Per CDC:
Second doses administered within a grace period of ≤4 days from the recommended date for the second dose are considered valid; however, doses administered earlier do not need to be repeated. The second dose should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible. However, there is no maximum interval between the first and second dose for either vaccine.
iThink. Ergo. iAm

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Date of second dose
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 01:42:49 PM »
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/clinical-considerations.html

Per CDC:
Second doses administered within a grace period of ≤4 days from the recommended date for the second dose are considered valid; however, doses administered earlier do not need to be repeated. The second dose should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible. However, there is no maximum interval between the first and second dose for either vaccine.
Thanks, meaning 17-25 days?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.