Poll

Will Trump Be Impeached And Removed Before Jan 20?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Civil War?  (Read 43155 times)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Civil War?
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2021, 11:54:42 PM »
Then I'm impressed, thank you. I don't know the first thing about him but was curious if he had the courage to write like this while much of the frum community was still head over heel infatuated with DJT. He doesn't need my approval, but I respect him more now.
That was always the position of the frum community until Trump messed things up among the amon am... I guess I grew up differently...

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2021, 11:58:05 PM »

Of course, but the more bias the more likely it is that you see something that doesn't exist.
And after 4 years of arguing about it incessantly I'm more convinced than ever that I was right and it wasn't the bias. Sure, I could still be wrong, but I don't think I'm blinded on this one. Much of the Republican Party is now agreeing, although you'll discount that as being a political ploy.

That was always the position of the frum community until Trump messed things up among the amon am... I guess I grew up differently...
Agreed. The scariest thought of all to me is how foreseeable it appears for somebody to captivate the public so strongly. Trump happened to like us, but we are usually the first to be targeted, this galus is far from safe.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2021, 12:07:38 AM »
:o Is that want you see in this article? I think you didn't read it properly. I am not familiar with all his writings, but I can 99% tell you that this was Rav Lopiansky's position all along. What he says is simple basics and applies a year ago, too. Why would you think his position changed? Eytan Kobre's didn't either.
I agree that everything he surely has not changed his position on this topic just because of the events of the last few weeks. But I can't help but feel much of klal yisroel needed to hear (and accept) this message loud and clear from all our rabbonim for months already, or whenever these problems really started to take root.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #363 on: January 13, 2021, 09:05:37 AM »

And after 4 years of arguing about it incessantly I'm more convinced than ever that I was right and it wasn't the bias. Sure, I could still be wrong, but I don't think I'm blinded on this one. Much of the Republican Party is now agreeing, although you'll discount that as being a political ploy.
Agreed. The scariest thought of all to me is how foreseeable it appears for somebody to captivate the public so strongly. Trump happened to like us, but we are usually the first to be targeted, this galus is far from safe.

Don't forget that you are seeking the current events through the same colored lenses which have only gotten darker. This is VERY apparent in many of your recent posts.

The second point is VERY concerning. Seeing Jews marching with proud boys was very disconcerting. I have been upset at how some frum Jews joined the Trump cult and have mentioned this over the past few years.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #364 on: January 13, 2021, 09:37:36 AM »

Don't forget that you are seeking the current events through the same colored lenses which have only gotten darker. This is VERY apparent in many of your recent posts.

The second point is VERY concerning. Seeing Jews marching with proud boys was very disconcerting. I have been upset at how some frum Jews joined the Trump cult and have mentioned this over the past few years.

And you haven't been the only one, and all that has gotten you and others is being branded Trumspters and Trumpkins because you didn't accept the entire left-wing agenda along with it.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 13, 2021, 09:46:56 AM »
Hamodia put out an editorial from Mrs. Ruth Lichtenstein. https://hamodia.com/2021/01/12/where-do-we-go-from-here-2/

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 13, 2021, 10:06:03 AM »
And you haven't been the only one, and all that has gotten you and others is being branded Trumspters and Trumpkins because you didn't accept the entire left-wing agenda along with it.

Which shows that it had almost nothing to do with Trump and almost everything to do with the leftist agenda.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 13, 2021, 01:11:56 PM »
I don't think anybody here ever called @aygart a Trumpster or Trumpkin. I believe it's simply not true.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2021, 01:20:33 PM »
I don't think anybody here ever called @aygart a Trumpster or Trumpkin. I believe it's simply not true.
CV has many times.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 13, 2021, 01:25:11 PM »
CV has many times.
OK, anybody else?

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 13, 2021, 01:27:55 PM »
OK, anybody else?
I've got no idea. The amount of people on this forum who accuse others in general of being trumpsters, is probably about 5, definitely no more than 10. So you're not getting much of a sample size. I believe @Yehuda57 was not specifically referring to this forum.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2021, 01:33:34 PM »
In the poll, there are 3 members who accurately predicted Democrats would win GA, and 29 members who predicted a Republican would win. Even the most allegedly transactional Trump supporters clearly did not see things correctly, and this election has zero allegations of fraud. Even the epitome of political neutrality @aygart himself attacked me when I correctly predicted the $2000 check initiative would seal the deal for the dems.

Yes, the 3 members who predicted the D win may have been biased, but that bias did not cause them to misjudge reality.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 13, 2021, 01:41:17 PM »
In the poll, there are 3 members who accurately predicted Democrats would win GA, and 29 members who predicted a Republican would win. Even the most allegedly transactional Trump supporters clearly did not see things correctly, and this election has zero allegations of fraud. Even the epitome of political neutrality @aygart himself attacked me when I correctly predicted the $2000 check initiative would seal the deal for the dems.

Yes, the 3 members who predicted the D win may have been biased, but that bias did not cause them to misjudge reality.
The whole idea of "predictions" is misleading.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 13, 2021, 01:57:12 PM »
The whole idea of "predictions" is misleading.
Maybe in the context of the GA elections that were pretty close, but the national election wasn't, and predictions were a pretty sound judgment based on high quality data available. How many here predicted Biden would win? And before you say it was my bias, I also predicted Clinton would lose.

Yes, I gave Biden a 70% chance of winning Texas, but I still think that was sufficiently supported by data, and Trump won it by a smaller margin than Ohio.

The total margin in Texas was 631,000, and those who think amnesty for illegal immigrants won't be a major issue for the GOP, are not merely biased but completely blind. There are 1.7m illegal latinos in Texas, 39% turnout and 70% Democrat vote narrows the gap down to under 400k. There are still other factors at play like the growth of TX cities that are democrat strongholds - Atlanta swung GA.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/data/unauthorized-immigrant-population/state/TX

https://www.unidosus.org/issues/voting/articles/latino-vote-texas

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 13, 2021, 02:01:29 PM »
Maybe in the context of the GA elections that were pretty close

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2021, 02:02:38 PM »
The amount of people on this forum who accuse others in general of being trumpsters, is probably about 5, definitely no more than 10.
But there are far more people accusing us of TDS. So it would seem the Trumpsters name calling is silencing Biden supporters a lot more than the Biden supporters name calling of Trumpsters. I also think TDS is far more derogatory than Trumpster, but if others thing differently I will refrain from using that term.

Of course, it's all in the name of freedom of speech values and everybody's inherent right to voice their opinion...

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2021, 02:14:02 PM »

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2021, 02:19:25 PM »

The party of the ‘Anti semites’

This quote does as much to quell claims of anti Semitism as Steven King quoting MLK would quell claims of racism against him. But we're supposed to think this post isn't idiotic because you were better at predicitions than 29 (!) people on the forum?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2021, 02:21:48 PM »
The party of the ‘Anti semites’

Nah. A two faced party that will quote whatever feel-good message it can, to advance its agendas. I guess that's true of both parties and all politicians. Same for anti-Semitism, we unfortunately have that in the US on both sides of the aisle.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2021, 02:22:11 PM »

I did not call out a prediction of a win. I called out those who said it was guaranteed. Considering that Perdue lost by fewer than 50,000 votes out of over 5,000,000 I was absolutely correct about that and anyone who felt it was guaranteed was dead wrong. As I wrote at the time when you said how we will see in few days, just because things turn out a certain way doesn't mean you were right.
Even the epitome of political neutrality @aygart himself
WHOA! 8)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 02:27:12 PM by aygart »