Author Topic: Ideas in how to lower the temperature  (Read 23360 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas in how to lower the temperature
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2021, 01:50:13 PM »
-1. Every Democrat AG  of a state where Trump ever closed a business deal in will immediately file criminal charges against him for something, which would not be covered by a federal parson. I would be surprised if that is not poised to happen no matter what happens in the next 10 days.
I hear that, but don't forget the Republican AG of Georgia.

If NY had charges ready, they wouldn't even wait for Jan 20. They will need to start with subpoenas and etc.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2021, 02:01:07 PM »
-1. Every Democrat AG  of a state where Trump ever closed a business deal in will immediately file criminal charges against him for something, which would not be covered by a federal parson. I would be surprised if that is not poised to happen no matter what happens in the next 10 days.
If you're right, and the courts don't guarantee him a fair trial, the logical step for him would be Political Asylum. There is only one country that would do it.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2021, 03:11:18 PM »
If you're right, and the courts don't guarantee him a fair trial, the logical step for him would be Political Asylum. There is only one country that would do it.
We'd take him with open arms and he'd deserve it. Irrelevant of him being a terrible president and a disgusting person
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 03:18:24 PM »
There is only one country that would do it.

If that were to happen, then the Republic of Texas would certainly offer him asylum.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 03:19:27 PM »
We'd take him with open arms and he'd deserve it. Irrelevant of him being a terrible president and a disgusting person
Israel would never harbor an American fugitive, and the last thing we want is to insert Israel on one side a heated debate

Technically speaking I don’t think Israel offers political asylum at all

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2021, 03:24:30 PM »
Israel would never harbor an American fugitive,

I am constantly amazed at how much you know which such certainty that just isn't so...

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2021, 03:28:06 PM »
When I saw a political thread about "how to lower the temperature," I thought Trump was planning to leave the White House next week with a plan of action...

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2021, 04:27:33 PM »
I am constantly amazed at how much you know which such certainty that just isn't so...
Conveniently omitting the second half of the quote where I explicitly qualified a statement to be only something I think (something I don’t remember ever seeing you do).

In the hypothetical scenario discussed where DJT felt threatened by prosecution in the USA, do you seriously think Israel would antagonize a sitting US administration by harboring a useless non-citizen purely out of gratitude? Israel considers its relationship with the US cardinal.

If that were to happen, then the Republic of Texas would certainly offer him asylum.
How are you now confident Trump is not guilty before seeing potential charges brought. Is it not possible he committed a crime and evidence will surface of it?

I recall how before the elections you said it’s impossible to know that no fraud will be committed, or to be sure the ultimate court rulings on the matter were fair.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2021, 09:19:58 PM »
IIRC it is only for those who are citizens from before the alleged crime was committed
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2021, 09:27:12 PM »
IIRC it is only for those who are citizens from before the alleged crime was committed
Israel regularly extradites lifelong Israeli citizens. The only caveat is they can request to serve the sentence in an Israel prison after the ruling. Of course, a high profile American political fugitive would never be given citizenship.

Imagine how easy it would be for the US to recognize a Palestinian State, allowing foreign countries like Russia to sell them high grade weapons? Or to remotely disable the F35s Israel uses frequently?

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2021, 09:30:19 PM »
I love the daydreaming coming from the liberal leftist out there.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2021, 09:41:12 PM »
I love the daydreaming coming from the liberal leftist out there.
Says the guy who was so sure Trump would win he put up money for it

Correct. My bets are in.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2021, 11:44:09 PM »
Or to remotely disable the F35s Israel uses frequently?
I'd be shocked if this was an executable threat

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2021, 11:46:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1348847429404094465?s=21

Here’s an idea how to lower the temperatures. Donald Trump give a press announcement saying his investigations uncovered no fraud, Biden won fair and square, and asking his supporters not to rally against the US government.

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2021, 11:52:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1348847429404094465?s=21

Here’s an idea how to lower the temperatures. Donald Trump give a press announcement saying his investigations uncovered no fraud, Biden won fair and square, and asking his supporters not to rally against the US government.
Why should he do that if he believes there was fraud. If anything, he should give a press announcement saying that even though he believes there may have been fraud, it is irrelevant now that the law has played out, and that the electoral college is the real vote, and even if the vote was wrong, Biden is still the legitimate president, and he looks forward to helping him in any way he can, and he urges his supporters to do the same. And perhaps congress can unite and look into the election so that future elections can be safer.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2021, 12:03:47 AM »
I'd be shocked if this was an executable threat
Aside from the ongoing need for replacement parts, my understanding is every F35 operator other than the UK needs a new US generated code every day.

Why should he do that if he believes there was fraud. If anything, he should give a press announcement saying that even though he believes there may have been fraud, it is irrelevant now that the law has played out, and that the electoral college is the real vote, and even if the vote was wrong, Biden is still the legitimate president, and he looks forward to helping him in any way he can, and he urges his supporters to do the same. And perhaps congress can unite and look into the election so that future elections can be safer.
Then don't ask Biden & the dems to sacrifice justice for 'unity'

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2021, 12:10:09 AM »
Then don't ask Biden & the dems to sacrifice justice for 'unity'
I'm not asking anyone to do anything. I'm just saying that I don't think Trump should be expected to say there was no fraud in the election when they very well may have been. However, he should lower the temperature by saying that it's time to move on regardless, because the law is the law.

Here's an example I think is comparable. The Mishna in Rosh Hashana states that when Bais Din is tricked into declaring rosh chodesh on the wrong day, their decision stands regardless of the facts. Are we to then deny the fact that the new moon was only visible on a different day, standing firm in our denial? Or should we say, "yup, we were wronged, but the halacha dictates that we still go by the date bais din announced and that is what we are going to do."

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2021, 12:13:19 AM »
I'm not asking anyone to do anything. I'm just saying that I don't think Trump should be expected to say there was no fraud in the election when they very well may have been. However, he should lower the temperature by saying that it's time to move on regardless, because the law is the law.

Here's an example I think is comparable. The Mishna in Rosh Hashana states that when Bais Din is tricked into declaring rosh chodesh on the wrong day, their decision stands regardless of the facts. Are we to then deny the fact that the new moon was only visible on a different day, standing firm in our denial? Or should we say, "yup, we were wronged, but the halacha dictates that we still go by the date bais din announced and that is what we are going to do."
Nice analogy. I was referring to the sentiment amongst Republican politicans and conservative pundits that Biden should 'move on' for the sake of unity.

You're assuming Trump in good faith believes the election was certainly stolen, which I very highly doubt. If he does, it's definitely time for the 25th amendment.

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2021, 12:18:12 AM »
Nice analogy. I was referring to the sentiment amongst Republican politicans and conservative pundits that Biden should 'move on' for the sake of unity.

You're assuming Trump in good faith believes the election was certainly stolen, which I very highly doubt. If he does, it's definitely time for the 25th amendment.
I'll like your post because you began by complimenting mine, but not because I agree with anything else.  :P

Tens of millions of people (IIRC) believe that the election was stolen from Trump. Calling that sentiment worthy of invoking the 25th amendment is good for bringing out a point, but it does not negate my previous sentiment that Trump should not be expected to admit that no fraud was committed.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2021, 12:20:22 AM »
I'll like your post because you began by complimenting mine, but not because I agree with anything else.  :P

Tens of millions of people (IIRC) believe that the election was stolen from Trump. Calling that sentiment worthy of invoking the 25th amendment is good for bringing out a point, but it does not negate my previous sentiment that Trump should not be expected to admit that no fraud was committed.
If he believes with certainty he would have won the elections absent fraud, he is not sane. Do you disagree?