Author Topic: Ideas in how to lower the temperature  (Read 23347 times)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas in how to lower the temperature
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2021, 12:20:56 AM »
What kinda cake we talkin here already?

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2021, 12:26:52 AM »
strawberry short

Dan time to start a JS split
["-"]

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2021, 12:29:45 AM »
Nothing that exciting, probably a tiramisu when I reach my next weight goalpost (which incidentally is also my pre Covid weight finally) and will iyh happen tomorrow morning - you can see why it's on my mind
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2021, 12:30:15 AM »
Dan time to start a JS split
Look at the thread title.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2021, 12:31:19 AM »
Are you admiting that you were wrong when you said that Congress can remove any president they don't like?
Yes.
So with that settled, should we resume this argument?
I'm not educated on topic. It is very wrong but the damage done is much greater when one side of the debate is attempting in the literal sense to stay in office illegally. 
Maybe now educate us on the damages done by spending four years trying to undo the 2016 election and remove Trump...
Nothing illegitimate about impeachment, it is just as constitutional as elections.
Nothing illegal about objecting to the electors, it is just as constitutional as elections.
So in your opinion, every 4 years Congress can decide which electors they like, which they don't, and appoint the President accordingly?
So in your opinion, whenever they want, Congress can decide which presidents they like, which they don't, and remove the President accordingly?

Or maybe
But regardless, all this is completely irrelevant to my OP:
Maybe now educate us on the damages done by spending four years trying to undo the 2016 election and remove Trump...

I think my bias is actually far lower than your bias
LOL
What exactly do you think my bias is?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2021, 12:40:20 AM »
What exactly do you think my bias is?
Being human and thus shaped by your surroundings, which, like mine and this forum are probably mostly hard core Trumpsters

As the Rambam says
דרך ברייתו של אדם להיות נמשך בדעותיו ובמעשיו אחר ריעיו וחביריו ונוהג כמנהג אנשי מדינתו... הוא ששלמה אומר משלי יג כ [הוֹלֵךְ] אֶת חֲכָמִים וחכם [יֶחְכָּם] וְרֹעֶה כְסִילִים יֵרועַ

Offline mordechain

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2021, 12:54:06 AM »
Best case scenario is that he's impeached with Republican support, the trial is dropped because it's moot, and then Biden pardons him like ford pardoned Nixon.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2021, 12:55:26 AM »
Best case scenario is that he's impeached with Republican support, the trial is dropped because it's moot, and then Biden pardons him like ford pardoned Nixon.
That looks like the most likely outcome but it leaves potential for State prosecution.

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2021, 12:57:30 AM »
Being human and thus shaped by your surroundings, which, like mine and this forum are probably mostly hard core Trumpsters
I've posted this sentiment before, I thought on DDF but I can't find it, I definitely posted it on whatsapp (most likely at least once responding to you )

One thing you TDSers just don't understand, is that it's possible for people to dislike DJT as person and dislike his rhetoric, yet at the same time overall approve of how he's actually governed, and believe that he's been treated unfairly by the media and Democrats (but I repeat myself) and most of the accusations against him are bull

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2021, 01:00:37 AM »
One thing you TDSers just don't understand, is that it's possible for people to dislike DJT as person and dislike his rhetoric, yet at the same time overall approve of how he's actually governed,
I understand very clearly why that would be possible, I just think it isn't the case.

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2021, 01:16:47 AM »
I understand very clearly why that would be possible, I just think it isn't the case.
oh well, in that case things are totally different  ::)

To be clear, there definitely are TDSers on both ends of the spectrum, the difference is that when I'm I'm with these people I'll argue that  no, Trump is not perfection personified and he does have his fair share of problems. Have you ever once argued one thing in favor Trump (or ever even been able to view anything he's done in a positive light?)

But I'm the biased one here...

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2021, 01:22:45 AM »

To be clear, there definitely are TDSers on both ends of the spectrum, the difference is that when I'm I'm with these people I'll argue that  no, Trump is not perfection personified and he does have his fair share of problems. Have you ever once argued one thing in favor Trump (or ever even been able to view anything he's done in a positive light?)

Sure. I appreciate the Conservative judge appointments, Israeli peace deals, the pardons to a few community members, and like the recognition of Israeli territorial claims. What else do you respect him for?

Offline Shaya E

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2021, 01:23:49 AM »

This forum is full of people who think Trump is a saint. When have you pointed out that "Trump is not perfection personified and he does have his fair share of problems"?

Offline EliJelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2021, 01:40:47 AM »
and this forum are probably mostly hard core Trumpsters
This forum is full of people who think Trump is a saint.
I'm not sure which DDF you frequent, but the one I see share primarily these sentiments;

Used to say - טאקע א משוגענער אבער א טיכטיגע משוגענער
Now we say - א טיכטיגע משוגענער אבער פארט א משוגענער
yet at the same time overall approve of how he's actually governed, and believe that he's been treated unfairly by the media and Democrats (but I repeat myself) and most of the accusations against him are bull

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2021, 01:51:38 AM »
Sure. I appreciate the Conservative judge appointments, Israeli peace deals, the pardons to a few community members, and like the recognition of Israeli territorial claims. What else do you respect him for?
1. I'm pretty sure I never used the word respect.

2. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think you argued against a lot of those things at the time

3. Other things I liked off the top of my head: Ditching the Iran deal, ditching the Paris Accords, overall his "America First" outlook, tax cuts,  at least trying to secure the borders, deregulation, support for military and law enforcement (yes I'm judging based on his actions, not allegations of things he said)

In fact I think it's impressive that he got anything done, considering I believe he faced level of hostility, opposition and resistance not seen by any President since at least the early days of the Republic. (Except perhaps arguably Abraham Lincoln.)

I would say my biggest complaint with his governing is that he spends like a Democrat :P

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2021, 02:03:59 AM »
This forum is full of people who think Trump is a saint. When have you pointed out that "Trump is not perfection personified and he does have his fair share of problems"?
1. I don't know what I'm doing here now, but I've mostly avoided the Trump/politics threads. when I said that I was referring to IRL discussions.

2. I believe he is correct.
I'm not sure which DDF you frequent, but the one I see share primarily these sentiments;

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2021, 02:06:20 AM »
Ditching the Iran deal
A move every single professional, including the Israeli defense establishment acknowledges only caused the Iranians to increase their rate of nuclear development, and are closer now than ever before. Obama's deal wasn't perfect, but you can't co-opt Iran, the most you can do is give them enough incentive to slow down. In the meantime Iran aggression in the Mideast has skyrocketed, and as we speak they are holding a S Korean ship hostage.

ditching the Paris Accords
A baby move which was very possibly illegal, accomplished absolutely nothing positive, and was destined from the beginning to flop when the next admin was obviously rejoin

overall his "America First" outlook
You mean he conned you into buying his rhetoric?

tax cuts
Most Republicans lowers taxes. Under Trump tax went up for most NY residents.

at least trying to secure the borders
Again, something he conned you into thinking by adding 30 miles of new wall

deregulation
Like what?

support for military and law enforcement
Like what?

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2021, 02:27:47 AM »
A move every single professional, including the Israeli defense establishment acknowledges only caused the Iranians to increase their rate of nuclear development, and are closer now than ever before. Obama's deal wasn't perfect, but you can't co-opt Iran, the most you can do is give them enough incentive to slow down. In the meantime Iran aggression in the Mideast has skyrocketed, and as we speak they are holding a S Korean ship hostage.
A baby move which was very possibly illegal, accomplished absolutely nothing positive, and was destined from the beginning to flop when the next admin was obviously rejoin
You mean he conned you into buying his rhetoric?
Most Republicans lowers taxes. Under Trump tax went up for most NY residents.
Again, something he conned you into thinking by adding 30 miles of new wall
Like what?
Like what?
There's a lot of policy we disagree on what's good and bad, that's ok.

But we can argue about it all tomorrow, now I'm too tired :)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2021, 02:28:56 AM »
There's a lot of policy we disagree on what's good and bad, that's ok.

But we can argue about it all tomorrow, now I'm too tired :)
Have a good night

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2021, 08:34:12 AM »
I'm taking about the various members of Congress to pushed to object initially.

Of course Cruz didn't think it would change the result. But he would've been such to read the room so to speak, and put aside the symbolic gesture. Don't know if that applies to all of the planned objectors, but I imagine it covers most at least. Trump on the other hand is a whole separate mess, and I think there's a during probably he thought he would somehow find a way to stay in power through all his machinations.
This sounds like exactly my point. Therefore vilifying them while ignoring the dems who tried the same stupid garbage will only bring the temperature higher and has little to do with anything but prior preferences.
Feelings don't care about your facts