Author Topic: Order a Pizza, Get Your Card Shut Down  (Read 976 times)

Offline CardNut

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Order a Pizza, Get Your Card Shut Down
« on: January 19, 2021, 10:39:54 PM »
Ordered a pizza online at a local chain using my Savor card, and 3 seconds later, the fraud alert system shut my card down, and I got an email from Cap1 telling me to call them. I did, reviewed the transaction, and told them it was legitimate. I looked for any other charges but did not see any. They insisted it was fraud, but I disagreed. I told them again, the charge is mine. So they're sending me a new card and removed the charge lol. OK, if you say so.

Is this overly sensitive fraud detection or is there something going on that I don't know about? I was willing to pay for the pizza and still take the new card. Weird.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Order a Pizza, Get Your Card Shut Down
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 12:22:00 AM »
#PizzaGate

Offline Aron27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Order a Pizza, Get Your Card Shut Down
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 03:03:14 AM »
Ordered a pizza online at a local chain using my Savor card, and 3 seconds later, the fraud alert system shut my card down, and I got an email from Cap1 telling me to call them. I did, reviewed the transaction, and told them it was legitimate. I looked for any other charges but did not see any. They insisted it was fraud, but I disagreed. I told them again, the charge is mine. So they're sending me a new card and removed the charge lol. OK, if you say so.

Is this overly sensitive fraud detection or is there something going on that I don't know about? I was willing to pay for the pizza and still take the new card. Weird.
Sounds like Capital One.. lol..
When I got a Venture card a couple of months ago, they did an ID verification with my drivers license. Then after a few weeks of using the card they locked the card after a $1000 charge and wanted to do a more stricter ID verification. It was very annoying as I couldn't find my SS card and had to apply for a new one and i wasn't able to use the card until I sent it in. But it made no sense to me to do another ID verification after they had already done one and approved me and i had already been using the card..