Author Topic: Harry Potter Fanfics  (Read 982 times)

Online sguitarist18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Harry Potter Fanfics
« on: February 13, 2022, 07:39:14 PM »
I'm a huge fan of HPMOR (Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality), which I think is far superior to the original.

There's also "Following the Phoenix," which is an offshoot of the HPMOR story, I enjoyed that, too.

A friend recently mentioned "The Boy Who Yid," which is fascinating, although incomplete and no updates within the last year or so.

Then there's the "Herschel Pinter," which is comic relief (depending on your sense of humor), a uber-yeshivish written version.

Any other good ones out there that I've missed?

Offline Dr Doomshtein

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Yeshivas Aish Sameach
Re: Harry Potter Fanfics
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 08:16:56 PM »
I'm a huge fan of HPMOR (Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality), which I think is far superior to the original.

There's also "Following the Phoenix," which is an offshoot of the HPMOR story, I enjoyed that, too.

A friend recently mentioned "The Boy Who Yid," which is fascinating, although incomplete and no updates within the last year or so.

Then there's the "Herschel Pinter," which is comic relief (depending on your sense of humor), a uber-yeshivish written version.

Any other good ones out there that I've missed?

There's a great Anthony Goldstein https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10847788/1/Goldstein

I think that's it.

What is your view on the Deathly Hallows alluding to the three gifts Yehudah Gave Tamar?

Staff   Wand
Ring    Resurrection stone in a ring
Cloak   Cloak
Inventor of the internet. V'af al pi shechatah yisroel hu.

Online sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 01:10:31 PM »
You mean Yehuda;D The Goldstein one is also referred to as "The Boy Who Yid." If anyone knows who the author is, would love to know if it's going to be continued!

There's also "Harry Potter and the Natural 20."

Interesting thought on the deathly hallows, though the stone/ring is a bit of a stretch.

Offline Dr Doomshtein

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Yeshivas Aish Sameach
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 01:51:18 PM »
You mean Yehuda;D The Goldstein one is also referred to as "The Boy Who Yid." If anyone knows who the author is, would love to know if it's going to be continued!

There's also "Harry Potter and the Natural 20."

Interesting thought on the deathly hallows, though the stone/ring is a bit of a stretch.

I was told by a friend that he dated her, and I remember Hock on Twitter a couple of months back that she might continue.
Inventor of the internet. V'af al pi shechatah yisroel hu.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 06:56:40 PM »
https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/James_Potter_(series)

https://augustafreepress.com/the-10-best-harry-potter-fanfiction-stories-to-read/

Do you have a link to the first story?

I was told by a friend that he dated her, and I remember Hock on Twitter a couple of months back that she might continue.

I hope she does continue. If find it very well written, realistically showing what might happen when a super-yeshivish boy is dropped into the middle of a completely foreign environment. The anguish and dichotomy of wanting to belong, and yet needing to be separate is incredible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 08:15:56 PM »
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)