Author Topic: Pregnancy and Covid  (Read 7666 times)

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
Re: Pregnancy and Covid
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2021, 09:10:05 AM »
Sounds like you only read the Women are from Venus part.
Not gonna take this off topic but I read both  :D.  When I came her concerned, I was actually me discussing my wife's concerns. Its just not fun having a discussing in third person.
#TYH

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2021, 10:42:27 AM »
IME, the great miracle of Covid is the unprecedented emunah. Unfortunately, it's usually limited to Covid-related issues.
R' Reuven Feinstein wrote about having bitachon in regards to parnassah. He says it's easy for the guy who has millions of dollars in the bank to say I trust God will take care of me. It's also easy for the broke person to say I trust God will take care of me, he has no other option. The true ba'al bitachon is the person who lives paycheck to paycheck and still puts his faith in God. I think most people you're referring to fall into the second category.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2021, 11:10:26 AM »
R' Reuven Feinstein wrote about having bitachon in regards to parnassah. He says it's easy for the guy who has millions of dollars in the bank to say I trust God will take care of me. It's also easy for the broke person to say I trust God will take care of me, he has no other option. The true ba'al bitachon is the person who lives paycheck to paycheck and still puts his faith in God. I think most people you're referring to fall into the second category.

Actually, I'm referring to people on all ends of the spectrum, and not only with regards to parnassah. However, the vort is very fitting, as many feel (somewhat erroneously) as helpless to control their situation with regards to Covid as a broke person. But the original point was Emunah is a convenient cover for apathy.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Pregnancy and Covid
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2021, 11:13:55 AM »
But the original point was Emunah is a convenient cover for apathy.
Welcome back; missed your eloquent bluntness ;)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:29:16 AM by Euclid »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2021, 11:26:35 AM »
But the original point was Emunah is a convenient cover for apathy.

This +1000
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2021, 12:14:44 AM »
I know there isn't a lot out there because most places aren't vaccinating pregnant women yet, but is there any data on how pregnancy or pregnant women are impacted by getting vaccinated?

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2021, 12:44:23 AM »
I know there isn't a lot out there because most places aren't vaccinating pregnant women yet, but is there any data on how pregnancy or pregnant women are impacted by getting vaccinated?
There were 23 pregnant women (accidentally) included in Pfizer’s trial with no issues. Lakewood has issued hundreds of vaccines to pregnant women thus far, and I haven’t heard of any adverse events Bh.

The anti-vax megaphone is loud enough to magnify the slightest perception of a problem, so I assume no news is good news. But it’s still early.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2021, 07:00:38 AM »
The anti-vax megaphone is loud enough to magnify the slightest perception delusion of a problem, so I assume no news is good news. But it’s still early.

FTFY
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2021, 07:59:11 AM »

I'm asking because I've heard second hand of some women missing periods and some pregnant women having less than stellar reactions. I'm still trying to gather info and figure out how much of that is FUD and bs, and how much is actual issues that weren't caught by studies because of sample sizes or whatnot.

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2021, 09:32:21 AM »
I'm asking because I've heard second hand of some women missing periods and some pregnant women having less than stellar reactions. I'm still trying to gather info and figure out how much of that is FUD and bs, and how much is actual issues that weren't caught by studies because of sample sizes or whatnot.
I'm not a doctor but if pregnant women are missing their periods after the vaccine it sounds like everything is fine...

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2021, 09:37:14 AM »
I'm not a doctor but if pregnant women are missing their periods after the vaccine it sounds like everything is fine...

Lol. I wrote some women are missing their periods and some pregnant women are having bad reactions. Not that pregnant women are missing periods.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:52:06 AM by Lurker »

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2021, 12:25:30 PM »

Look up Midaat organization in Israel that compiles information on vaccine safety and combats FUD. In short, there are credible reports, however it hasn't been determined yet if the effects are physical or psychological. For example, when there are wars in Israel, there is a similar surge of complaints.

Regardless, difference in the menstruation cycle can happen as a result of a positive immune effect, and likely don't represent any problem.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2021, 08:33:59 PM »
47 pregnant women in serious condition are currently hospitalized in Israel.  6 of them are in critical condition, 8 are ventilated, and not a single one of them got 2 doses of vaccine.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים