Author Topic: AICPA life insurance  (Read 604 times)

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
AICPA life insurance
« on: February 07, 2021, 01:04:36 PM »
I'm looking into getting term life insurance for myself. I'm mid-20s, married, and with a kid on the way, but I am not getting great rates due to being overweight.

Does anyone have experience with AICPA life insurance? Membership in the AICPA is $285/yr but I can probably get my work to pay for that part.

Also open to hearing about other insurance options.

TIA.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: AICPA life insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 02:04:17 PM »
I'm looking into getting term life insurance for myself. I'm mid-20s, married, and with a kid on the way, but I am not getting great rates due to being overweight.

Does anyone have experience with AICPA life insurance? Membership in the AICPA is $285/yr but I can probably get my work to pay for that part.

Also open to hearing about other insurance options.

TIA.

From what I've seen in the past the AICPA term is extremely competitive in price. Though I believe it is not convertible. It is probably priced by age bands like most group insurance. Though the maximum you might be able to buy might or might not be sufficient. And you can only keep the coverage as long as you maintain your membership in the AICPA.

I've also seen that often the Bar Association and AICPA plans actually refund excess premiums collected if actual experience is better than what the plan has priced.

I don't know what your specifics are, but the great term rates you hear thrown around are for people that are preferred underwriting risk. Whole Life might make more sense for people that have underwriting issues. You should work with a good agent to find the right coverage for yourself, whether term, whole life, or a combination thereof. If you don't know one, I know one.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 02:09:58 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan