Author Topic: Andaz mayakoba refuses free test on points stay  (Read 1931 times)

Offline mdv

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond UA silver DL silver AC 25k Avis PC Hertz PC National EE
Andaz mayakoba refuses free test on points stay
« on: February 10, 2021, 03:52:26 PM »
Reservation manager claims the free test is only for Paid stays and they emailed me this pdf to show proof of policy

However on the official page on hyatt where it says the free testing in Mexico it doesn't say any exclusions for points and neither on the specific Andaz mayakoba page see link below
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/mexico/andaz-mayakoba-resort-riviera-maya/cunam/news-events
Sorry I don't have any snarky line for this space

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Andaz mayakoba refuses free test on points stay
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 03:58:08 PM »
I'll reach out to my Hyatt contact and see what they say.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mdv

• View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond UA silver DL silver AC 25k Avis PC Hertz PC National EE
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 03:59:51 PM »
Thanx!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 04:00:37 PM »
Anyone stay at the Ziva on points? What's their policy?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mdv

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 06:33:02 PM »
Update:  they agreed that the tests are complimentary. Lol

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 06:34:33 PM »
Update:  they agreed that the tests are complimentary. Lol
How did that come about?

Offline mdv

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 07:01:05 PM »
I emailed them back saying they have to honor what it says on the website and i sent them that link to their own site And she said she will speak to the director

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 08:05:19 PM »
"Hyatt is Spreading the Coronavirus," Hotel Guest Asserts after Policy Reversal

The Hyatt hotel chain has come under fire for its alleged role in spreading a pandemic, DansDeals Magazine has learned. The accusation came after a Mexico-based hotel refused to supply a free Covid test to a guest, in direct contradiction to the chain's stated policy.

"[The] reservation manager claims the free test is only for paid stays," a guest at the Andaz Mayakoba, a Hotel that is part of the Hyatt Brand of hotels, claimed on a prominent online forum. The guest, who was identified only by a username of 'mdv', added that the hotel sent a PDF that supposedly backed up their refusal to supply a test, but the guest pointed out that the hotel website made no distinction between paid or reward stays.

The assertion was first posted on Dans Deals Forums, a prestigious travel and points forum that compliments DansDeals.com, a deals site that has earned the top spot in a USA Today survey. The site's administrator, Cleveland-based points heavyweight Daniel Eleff, immediately offered to use his connections to clear up the confusion.

"I'll reach out to my Hyatt contact and see what they say," Eleff posted on the forum.

The situation was later resolved after the hotel conceded and agreed to supply a test. Poster mdv reported the change of policy about two-and-a-half hours after his initial post noting the refusal.

It has been reported that Hyatt secretly threated adverse actions against Eleff if he would publicize the story, with their main ammunition being their ability to portray Eleff as a super-spreader, given his side job of singing at predominantly Jewish weddings. Eleff, however, has been documented as having eleffated antibody levels, thus effectively mitigating the risk of virus spread. DansDeals Magazine has not been able to independently confirm claims of any threats, however.

Offline mdv

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 08:15:57 PM »
Well that was entertaining
Still unclear if they were making an "exception " for me or if the persom was just misguided (although unclear where that pdf came from if that's the case)

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 08:19:45 PM »
Well that was entertaining
Still unclear if they were making an "exception " for me or if the persom was just misguided (although unclear where that pdf came from if that's the case)
You also didn't say "Hyatt is spreading the Coronavirus," which is written as being a direct quote.

But DansDeals Magazine has been equated to the Zman, so exaggerations are wholly acceptable...

and... {BANNED!}

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 10:10:45 PM »

The Hyatt hotel chain has come under fire for its alleged role in spreading a pandemic, DansDeals Magazine has learned. The accusation came after a Mexico-based hotel refused to supply a free Covid test to a guest, in direct contradiction to the chain's stated policy.

"[The] reservation manager claims the free test is only for paid stays," a guest at the Andaz Mayakoba, a Hotel that is part of the Hyatt Brand of hotels, claimed on a prominent online forum. The guest, who was identified only by a username of 'mdv', added that the hotel sent a PDF that supposedly backed up their refusal to supply a test, but the guest pointed out that the hotel website made no distinction between paid or reward stays.

The assertion was first posted on Dans Deals Forums, a prestigious travel and points forum that compliments DansDeals.com, a deals site that has earned the top spot in a USA Today survey. The site's administrator, Cleveland-based points heavyweight Daniel Eleff, immediately offered to use his connections to clear up the confusion.

"I'll reach out to my Hyatt contact and see what they say," Eleff posted on the forum.

The situation was later resolved after the hotel conceded and agreed to supply a test. Poster mdv reported the change of policy about two-and-a-half hours after his initial post noting the refusal.

It has been reported that Hyatt secretly threated adverse actions against Eleff if he would publicize the story, with their main ammunition being their ability to portray Eleff as a super-spreader, given his side job of singing at predominantly Jewish weddings. Eleff, however, has been documented as having eleffated antibody levels, thus effectively mitigating the risk of virus spread. DansDeals Magazine has not been able to independently confirm claims of any threats, however.
LOL
Will this be featured in the Yated's Purim edition?

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 10:16:51 PM »
Anyone stay at the Ziva on points? What's their policy?
free

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 10:55:10 PM »
LOL
Will this be featured in the Yated's Purim edition?
This really isn't all that far off from a regular CNN piece.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 01:35:31 AM »

LOL!
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle