Author Topic: Targeted offers FAQs  (Read 20847 times)

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
Re: Targeted offers FAQs
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 10:57:39 AM »
.... Even before i get an answer on the other 2 cards?
YES
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »
So i see online i got messed over the gold got cancelled

Wife called and they said that since she got declined for the first they cancelled her second app (which makes no sense) and they said if she wants to reapply she might have another pull (the platt is still on progress)
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline mmermss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 12:50:05 PM »
So i see online i got messed over the gold got cancelled

Wife called and they said that since she got declined for the first they cancelled her second app (which makes no sense) and they said if she wants to reapply she might have another pull (the platt is still on progress)
Recon won't even help for the second app?
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »
quick q on my amex patt   they charged me my AF already (after my first month) if i cancel before my second month is over (jan 22) then will they cr me the 450?

a side point if i want to downgrade to a PRG will i get the AF waived and points? if not i guess ill just downgrade to a blue cash or macys
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 06:07:59 PM »
Father got Targeted offer for 75k on biz gold after 5000 spend.

He got it a few days ago and its valid until Feb 16.

I tryed it and it said the offer is no longer valid, so I called and rep tryd but it does not work.
She said maybe its too new, does that make any scene?

Can I SM amex with copy he has no amex at the moment? 

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »
Guys nobody here ?

Offline Moishel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 12:36:23 AM »
Wife got a targeted invite for PRG 50K/$1k/3mo, put it aside for when finish with my current spending threshold on other cards, now I can't find it. Is there any way I can ask them to resend it?

Offline A European

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »
I got a targeted offer for my father in law   PRG 50K / 1K spending (the only way he is connected to my address is being a AU on my SP card ) , I use it for my brother's wife , and got approved.

Here is the funny part
1) I put her Social Security number but no hard pull .
2) The card came to my address.
3) My brother got a E-mail saying "dear  my father in law's name " but the name on the card is my SIL.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »
got a targeted BRG 50K 5K spend offer. I had the card in January and got FR'd cuz I spent too much too fast on VR and didn't gave tax return on biz name.  The terms for this card do not say anything about first time card members:
"Get 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Rewards Card within the first 3 months of Card membership. You must apply by September 8, 2013 to be eligible for this offer.1
Get 3X points on airfare purchased directly from airlines, 2X points on US purchases of advertising in select media, shipping, and at gas stations, and 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.2 3X and 2X apply to purchases up to $100,000 in each of the 4 industry categories per year.
Automatically get up to an extra 4
Membership Rewards® points for every eligible dollar spent with OPEN Savings® partners.3
$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175."
Footnotes say:
1 To be eligible to earn additional points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase and you must charge $5,000 of eligible spending** during the first 3 months of membership on an eligible, enrolled Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN. Offer expires September 8, 2013. If your application is received after this date, you will not be eligible for the $5,000 spend incentive bonus offer. 50,000 additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account 6-8 weeks after spend. Limit one offer per Card Account. Bonus ID A3XP. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.

**Eligible Spending includes purchases of goods or services, which purchases have not been returned or otherwise credited to your Card account: it does NOT include fees, Interest Charges, Balance Transfers, Cash Advances or similar means of accessing your Card account, or the purchase of American Express Travelers Cheques, American Express Gift Cheques or other cash equivalents.
2 With your Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express, you earn one Membership Rewards® point for each dollar of eligible purchases. For the first $100,000 in eligible spending in each calendar year in each of the four categories specified below, you can earn additional points for each dollar of eligible purchases, as follows: (1) 2 additional points (for a total of 3 points) for airfare on a scheduled flight charged directly with passenger airlines (charter flights and private jet flights are excluded); (2) 1 additional point (for a total of 2 points) for advertising purchased in the U.S. to promote your business online, on television, or on the radio; (3) 1 additional point (for a total of 2 points) for gasoline at gas stations located in the U.S. (superstores, supermarkets and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline are not considered gas stations); and (4) 1 additional point (for a total of 2 points) for shipping services purchased in the U.S. for courier, postal, and freight. Eligible purchases in excess of $100,000 in the applicable category in a calendar year will not earn additional points.

Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply.

Merchants are assigned codes based on what they primarily sell. A purchase will not earn additional points if the merchant's code is not eligible. Purchases made through a third-party payment account or on an online marketplace (with multiple retailers) will not earn additional points. A purchase may not earn additional points if the merchant submits the purchase using a mobile or wireless card reader or if you use a mobile or digital wallet.

Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit A HREF="http://www.membershiprewards.com/terms" target="_blank">membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.
3 The OPEN Savings benefit is built in to Business Cards from American Express OPEN and provides either up to a 10% discount or up to 4 additional Membership Rewards® points for each eligible dollar spent at OPEN Savings merchants. To take advantage of this benefit, payment must be made with a Business Card from American Express® OPEN at the time of purchase. All Cards under a particular Card Account (including the Basic Card as well as any Additional or Employee Cards) are combined for the purposes of calculating OPEN Savings benefits.  All OPEN Savings benefits are credited to the Basic Card member only.  Please allow up to 12 weeks for your benefit to appear on your monthly statement.  If your Card Account is not eligible to receive Membership Rewards points or is not enrolled in the Membership Rewards program, you will receive the OPEN Savings benefit as a discount that will be provided as a statement credit to that Card Account. If your Card Account is enrolled in the Membership Rewards program you have the option of receiving your OPEN Savings benefit either as a discount or as additional Membership Rewards points. The relative value of the benefit options will differ depending on how you use your Membership Rewards points. The redemption value of additional points that you receive under the Membership Rewards Points Benefit may be less than the dollar value of statement credits that you receive under the Discount Benefit. You can change your OPEN Savings benefit selection a maximum of once per calendar month.  Changes normally take effect within 48 hours but may take up to 2 weeks. Purchases that are eligible for the OPEN Savings benefit that are returned or credited from an OPEN Savings merchant will result in a reversal of your statement credit or removal of Membership Rewards points depending on your benefit election at the time of the return or credit. Not all OPEN Savings partner locations may participate. For a full list of individual OPEN Savings merchants and benefit descriptions, please visit opensavings.com. Other restrictions or limitations may apply to merchant offers. The OPEN Savings benefit (including merchant participation and offers) is subject to change at any time without notice. Membership Rewards program terms and conditions apply. OPEN Savings offers may be subject to exclusions, benefit limits and other restrictions or limitations. For full terms and conditions including specific paragraphs on the Benefit Selection and How Returns Work, go to opensavings.com.

Think I'll get the bonus? (and i'll do the Plat upgrade as well..)
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline Hirshthg

• View Profile
    • Zev Goldstein Esq. New York Traffic Ticket Lawyer
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2013, 11:34:28 PM »
call..
I got a offer and called, and the lady told me that according to my account I was not eligible (being that I already had the card). Maybe if I would not have called I would have been able to use it.

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 08:05:07 AM »
I got a offer and called, and the lady told me that according to my account I was not eligible (being that I already had the card). Maybe if I would not have called I would have been able to use it.

Im just curious, Did you read the conversation from 9 months ago that you're quoting?

Offline Hirshthg

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 09:02:55 PM »
Im just curious, Did you read the conversation from 9 months ago that you're quoting?
I did. not all the dotes are connected, however I got another offer and I tried online and they will  not allow it this way either. I am thinking about using the offer and tax id under someone else's name and social.

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 09:15:37 PM »
I did. not all the dotes are connected, however I got another offer and I tried online and they will  not allow it this way either. I am thinking about using the offer and tax id under someone else's name and social.

Oh, so then you realized then when he said call it was in reference to someone who whose applications were pending.

Did you clear your cookies before entering in the offer code?

Offline Hirshthg

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 07:15:57 PM »
I did and it took my code. I am just afraid that if I fill out the application they will reject the offer.

Offline joey123

• View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2014, 03:32:11 PM »
My sister was targeted for an 100K Amex Platinum consumer card for a 3K spend, and she threw out the promo code (she didn't know teh value). I then saw the brochure.

Does anyone know if Amex will match if I tell them the story? Is there anyway for them to access the offer?

TIA
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline mawmaw

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2014, 03:37:53 PM »
My sister was targeted for an 100K Amex Platinum consumer card for a 3K spend, and she threw out the promo code (she didn't know teh value). I then saw the brochure.

Does anyone know if Amex will match if I tell them the story? Is there anyway for them to access the offer?

TIA
go on card match or on amex website and look for a promotion under her name you may find it there

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 03:39:04 PM »
go on card match or on amex website and look for a promotion under her name you may find it there

Smart idea. I will check later, and let you know what happens.
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2014, 09:21:47 AM »
Smart idea. I will check later, and let you know what happens.

I checked Credit Match, and the offer wasn't there. I then called Amex, and oddly they couldn't find it in their system.

What should be my next step from here?

Offline joey123

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2014, 09:42:11 AM »
I just read the entire thread, and it seems that some people have been successful in applying for an Amex targeted offer in a different name.

Is there a consensus on this matter, or is it a YMMV?

Offline Novo

• View Profile
  • Programs: Chase A/A, Amex F/R, Citi A/A. Hertz DNR.
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »
I just read the entire thread, and it seems that some people have been successful in applying for an Amex targeted offer in a different name.

Is there a consensus on this matter, or is it a YMMV?
Are you talking about Business or personal?
I try my best :-\
Quote from: Centro
If you wanna go fast, go alone
If you wanna go far, go together