Topic Wiki

Google Voice may save a number as a home number, and in that mode it will not allow you to forward messages. In order to change that there's an option in legacy site.
HT: nescafe

Think something belongs in the wiki?  Feel free to update it at any time. You can spare a friend much time!  :)

Click here to see a post on how to set up a GV number to be used abroad, as well as your regular American number for free to be used across country.

Tried asking on the forum and still got no response? Try asking on the Google voice forum from Google.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/hangouts
« Last edited by myi on December 10, 2019, 06:56:49 PM »

Author Topic: google voice help  (Read 175025 times)

Offline nescafe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: google voice help
« Reply #360 on: October 20, 2017, 11:25:25 AM »
NO
I have 4 phones linked to my GV #, 2 smartphone & 2 basic phones and it's only letting me forward to the 2 smartphones

Offline nescafe

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »
1. GV not letting me forward messages to linked numbers

Figured out that GV was saving the numbers as Home numbers, hence the reason it didn't allow me to forward messages. Legacy site gave me the option to choose, which worked just fine

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 23, 2017, 08:55:29 PM »
Figured out that GV was saving the numbers as Home numbers, hence the reason it didn't allow me to forward messages. Legacy site gave me the option to choose, which worked just fine
Sounds like a useful piece of info. Maybe make a wiki and add this.

Offline nescafe

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 23, 2017, 09:32:05 PM »
Sounds like a useful piece of info.

Hence the reason I posted it. Was driving me nuts for a few days till I figured it out. Not sure how to make a wiki so I'll leave that for the pro's

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 23, 2017, 09:56:10 PM »
Hence the reason I posted it. Was driving me nuts for a few days till I figured it out. Not sure how to make a wiki so I'll leave that for the pro's
Wikified

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #365 on: October 31, 2017, 09:40:14 PM »
How can you return to your call once you went ahead and slid away all your open apps, seems that when you in middle of a call and you by accident slid away the tabs for all apps in use, and the google hangouts app, but Google hangouts app still works to continue the call even after sliding the open apps away, and should you want to go back to the call screen from your previous call there's seems to be no way, all I see is the dial pad for one who wants to make a phn call, but here im already on the phone call with someone and now wanting to pull up the old call?
 And tips on how to pull up the old screen of your call? Or even a way to end the call without having the end button after swiping away all your apps?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 01, 2017, 08:11:21 AM »
How can you return to your call once you went ahead and slid away all your open apps, seems that when you in middle of a call and you by accident slid away the tabs for all apps in use, and the google hangouts app, but Google hangouts app still works to continue the call even after sliding the open apps away, and should you want to go back to the call screen from your previous call there's seems to be no way, all I see is the dial pad for one who wants to make a phn call, but here im already on the phone call with someone and now wanting to pull up the old call?
 And tips on how to pull up the old screen of your call? Or even a way to end the call without having the end button after swiping away all your apps?
What you’re describing works perfectly fine on my iPhone. When in middle of a call, there’s a little ribbon at the top of the screen that gets you back to the in-call menu, regardless of force-closing any apps.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 01, 2017, 10:11:56 AM »
What you’re describing works perfectly fine on my iPhone. When in middle of a call, there’s a little ribbon at the top of the screen that gets you back to the in-call menu, regardless of force-closing any apps.
using a Samsung S7 there is no such option I go nuts trying to hang up the phone call. Most times I ask the other person to end the phone call please.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 01, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »
I tried everything possible to end the call doesn't seem to work whatever I do. I was actually just on a call with Chase Bank and had slid all my apps away while I was on the phone and never had a chance to hang up assuming the chase rep would hang up for me but two minutes later I hear talking from my phone I put it near my ear and I hear the representative talking about her supper she was eating last night and how much you paid for it and how it tasted trying to record the conversation but I couldn't find the recorder on my device.
 would really love to know how to end a call on Google hangouts.
Meaning after I slide away all the open apps.

Offline Avii

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 01, 2017, 05:07:01 PM »
I tried everything possible to end the call doesn't seem to work whatever I do. I was actually just on a call with Chase Bank and had slid all my apps away while I was on the phone and never had a chance to hang up assuming the chase rep would hang up for me but two minutes later I hear talking from my phone I put it near my ear and I hear the representative talking about her supper she was eating last night and how much you paid for it and how it tasted trying to record the conversation but I couldn't find the recorder on my device.

What happens when you reopen the app?

Offline incendia

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 01, 2017, 06:58:07 PM »

Try putting in Airplane mode

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 01, 2017, 07:10:01 PM »
What happens when you reopen the app?
it allows me to make another phone call. Don't know if It will actually go through since I'm on a phone call, will pull me back to the dialing pad and stay on the phone call.
Try putting in Airplane mode
for that price I could just turn off  my phone or just try to make a phone call for my actual device.
I'm not the only one in the world that has a Samsung Galaxy S7 I'm sure there's a fix to this that I don't see where to end the phone call once I make a phone call and I slid away the tabs of Google Voice Google Hangouts?!

Offline incendia

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 01, 2017, 08:00:55 PM »
it allows me to make another phone call. Don't know if It will actually go through since I'm on a phone call, will pull me back to the dialing pad and stay on the phone call. for that price I could just turn off  my phone or just try to make a phone call for my actual device.
I'm not the only one in the world that has a Samsung Galaxy S7 I'm sure there's a fix to this that I don't see where to end the phone call once I make a phone call and I slid away the tabs of Google Voice Google Hangouts?!

I meant put in Airplane mode for a second or two ro break the connection 

Offline AnonymousUser

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 02, 2017, 10:08:12 AM »
Force close the app.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 08, 2017, 08:13:59 PM »
Force close the app.
Finally figured it out.
Took a while. 
All I had to hit on the hangouts was allow notifications.
 It was on the hangouts app not the hangouts dialer.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #375 on: November 12, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »
When choosing a google voice number, all the input you get is to give them a city or area code. I remember in the past being able to give them a sequence of digits, and they would try to find a number that included those digits. Any idea if there's a way to do that still?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 12, 2017, 05:41:06 PM »
When choosing a google voice number, all the input you get is to give them a city or area code. I remember in the past being able to give them a sequence of digits, and they would try to find a number that included those digits. Any idea if there's a way to do that still?
Seems to still be working that way even if it doesn't say to:

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 12, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »
Seems to still be working that way even if it doesn't say to:

Right - but you used to be able to choose both an area code and a sequence of digits, and now it looks like it's one or the other

Offline incendia

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 12, 2017, 07:56:12 PM »
try using legacy mode

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 12, 2017, 07:58:00 PM »
try using legacy mode
When I go to Legacy Mode and then click Get A Voice Number, it redirects me to the new version