Topic Wiki

Google Voice may save a number as a home number, and in that mode it will not allow you to forward messages. In order to change that there's an option in legacy site.
HT: nescafe

Think something belongs in the wiki?  Feel free to update it at any time. You can spare a friend much time!  :)

Click here to see a post on how to set up a GV number to be used abroad, as well as your regular American number for free to be used across country.

Tried asking on the forum and still got no response? Try asking on the Google voice forum from Google.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/hangouts
« Last edited by myi on December 10, 2019, 06:56:49 PM »

Author Topic: google voice help  (Read 174966 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: google voice help
« Reply #500 on: January 09, 2019, 05:59:52 PM »
I did port. So what happens with my Hangouts balance that I had? And this means that I can no longer use Hangouts dialer on my regular cellphone?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #501 on: January 09, 2019, 06:39:42 PM »
I did port. So what happens with my Hangouts balance that I had? And this means that I can no longer use Hangouts dialer on my regular cellphone?
Get a new gv phone number on that account and you should be fine. Or work on porting back your old number.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #502 on: January 09, 2019, 06:48:28 PM »
Get a new gv phone number on that account and you should be fine. Or work on porting back your old number.
Its all the same account. Is there a way to switch my Fi to a different account ad then get a new number?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 09, 2019, 06:53:51 PM »
Its all the same account. Is there a way to switch my Fi to a different account ad then get a new number?
Or call Google and ask them to transfer credit on hangouts to a 2nd account you own.
    +1 855-836-3987 -Google CS.
 Or email them.
Forgot that google fi is running off GV.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 27, 2019, 07:42:36 AM »
What’s this bug button showing up?

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 27, 2019, 09:04:11 AM »
Interesting it must be new never saw it before.
It's most probably for support to help debug stuff.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Online Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #506 on: February 27, 2019, 09:37:34 AM »
same here
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 27, 2019, 12:07:49 PM »
There's supposedly an update which will finally fix the Outbound caller ID, took them a while to fix that problem.

This should be resolved with the latest update to Hangouts.

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Hangouts app .
Tap Menu Settings.
Select your Google Account.
Tap Discoverability Settings.
Follow the prompts to add your number.

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 04, 2019, 09:02:27 AM »
There's supposedly an update which will finally fix the Outbound caller ID, took them a while to fix that problem.

This should be resolved with the latest update to Hangouts.

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Hangouts app .
Tap Menu Settings.
Select your Google Account.
Tap Discoverability Settings.
Follow the prompts to add your number.
What was the issue?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 04, 2019, 10:48:43 AM »
What was the issue?
There was an option for outbound Caller ID, which allowed you to register a number and use it to make calls while using your google voice phone.
 Meaning if I have an american T-Mobile number 1718-123-4567 now when I go across sea's I want to continue using that number so people can know who's calling and not have to call from my GV number.
 There was an option to verify that 718-123-4567 number and have that as the outbound caller ID when making a call and I would receive phone calls as well with this number as I would set up either across sea to forward every call to my GV # and would effectively have my tmobile phone number without paying to port in/out or any shtick.

For those who set this up before it went bad with the update, like myself I had this working every here and there, but another fix was to sideload an APK file of an older version and be able to pull back the features which were removed with the update!

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 04, 2019, 01:42:49 PM »
can u have voicemail audio be automatically forwarded to a mobile or email or just the transcript?

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 06, 2019, 03:45:58 PM »
Trying to set up a new GV num with a second email of mine. I keep getting an error message. I’m guessing it’s because the phone number connected to my email address is the same number attached to a different email address of mine with GV already. I have to have a new number connected to that email to setup an acct? I seem to remember during the Fi promo ppl say they have a bunch of GV num , how did they do that?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 06, 2019, 03:51:47 PM »
Trying to set up a new GV num with a second email of mine. I keep getting an error message. I’m guessing it’s because the phone number connected to my email address is the same number attached to a different email address of mine with GV already. I have to have a new number connected to that email to setup an acct? I seem to remember during the Fi promo ppl say they have a bunch of GV num , how did they do that?
To verify a second gv number you going to need a new number but you could create as many google voice numbers that you like, but again if you want to verify your Google voice number you would need a number that was never used before.

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 06, 2019, 04:23:43 PM »
To verify a second gv number you going to need a new number but you could create as many google voice numbers that you like, but again if you want to verify your Google voice number you would need a number that was never used before.

Not sure I’m understanding. New GV num on new acct needs a new phone num to verify. Now how do I get as many GV num as I want? By having many num to verify?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 06, 2019, 04:28:06 PM »
Not sure I’m understanding. New GV num on new acct needs a new phone num to verify. Now how do I get as many GV num as I want? By having many num to verify?
I have 5 Google voice numbers attached to five different email addresses now only on one email address my primary email did I actually verify my number.
It used to ask you to verify your number but lately you're able to add new numbers without verifying it, don't know why you have to verify it serves no purpose.

some days they wanted to verify it and some days they don't ,if you just play around there you should figure it out , I don't remember off hand, you should be able to add the number without verifying it or if I get a minute I can try adding another number to another email address of mine and see how I do it.

just curious how you trying to add a new number using a desktop or using your mobile phone? And on an Android or an iPhone?

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 06, 2019, 04:30:37 PM »
I have 5 Google voice numbers attached to five different email addresses now only on one email address my primary email did I actually verify my number.
It used to ask you to verify your number but lately you're able to add new numbers without verifying it, don't know why you have to verify it serves no purpose.

some days they wanted to verify it and some days they don't ,if you just play around there you should figure it out , I don't remember off hand, you should be able to add the number without verifying it or if I get a minute I can try adding another number to another email address of mine and see how I do it.

just curious how you trying to add a new number using a desktop or using your mobile phone? And on an Android or an iPhone?

Desktop

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2019, 04:40:44 PM »
Desktop
Wow really surprised to see that they're is 917/347 # to choose from when adding a new line.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 06, 2019, 04:51:20 PM »
Desktop
did you try to remove your number from your other Google account and then create a new number on your email address with that phone number which is not linked to any account now and then re-verify it to your other account.

or in English you have your regular cell phone number connected to a Google voice account, what you should try to do is delete that number from your Google voice account and now it will be free to create another Google voice account now create a new Google voice account with a new number and use your cell phone to verify this new Google voice account and then afterwards if you want your number to be verified for call forwarding or outbound caller ID on your other number then go back and reverify your number.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 06, 2019, 04:54:16 PM »
I would delete the number myself and try for you but I just don't want to be busy re-verifying and resetting up all different numbers for my accounts that way with your own account feel free to try and see if that works.

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 07, 2019, 03:26:16 AM »
How do I setup GV to call forward to a USA Cricket Wireless  number to GV to actually  receive calls from the USA on my S7 Edge when I'm in Israel of-course as long as I'm on the Internet whether it is via WiFi or an Israeli sim card? not just leaving messages on GV.  willing to pay the google fee (sorry Google and searches on DDF is not my friend right now :-[ )
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 03:34:29 AM by ual902 »