Topic Wiki

Google Voice may save a number as a home number, and in that mode it will not allow you to forward messages. In order to change that there's an option in legacy site.
HT: nescafe

Think something belongs in the wiki?  Feel free to update it at any time. You can spare a friend much time!  :)

Click here to see a post on how to set up a GV number to be used abroad, as well as your regular American number for free to be used across country.

Tried asking on the forum and still got no response? Try asking on the Google voice forum from Google.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/hangouts
« Last edited by myi on December 10, 2019, 06:56:49 PM »

Author Topic: google voice help  (Read 177094 times)

Offline MGrossman

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: google voice help
« Reply #720 on: June 16, 2021, 06:37:42 PM »
You may need to add some credits in order to be able to make the international call.

Offline aisrael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 17, 2021, 02:10:27 AM »
You may need to add some credits in order to be able to make the international call.
i have that already

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #722 on: June 21, 2021, 05:11:06 PM »
Anyone here using the sprint+google voice integration?

https://www.sprint.com/landings/googlevoice/?ECID=vanity:googlevoice

I wonder if it works on flip phones and if this will escape the new no text forwarding
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Flavored Seltzer

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 27, 2021, 11:57:01 AM »
From what I found online the integration with Sprint ended a while ago, see https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/17/17246880/sprint-google-voice-integration-ending-date.

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 19, 2021, 07:39:09 PM »
How can I figure out which email ("google account") is associated with my google voice number that I use?

Offline whacked1

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 19, 2021, 07:39:54 PM »
How can I figure out which email ("google account") is associated with my google voice number that I use?
Send yourself a text and see which one gets the email?

Offline Yisroel Tech

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 19, 2021, 07:47:03 PM »
An SMS - like @whacked1 says -  should do, but you can also try the Google Voice recovery procedure here https://www.google.com/voice/account/recovery this will both email you but also show the first character and the character count of that email address.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #727 on: July 19, 2021, 10:07:33 PM »
login to voice.Google.Com and then you will see the number to that account displayed openly.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline whacked1

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 19, 2021, 10:13:07 PM »
login to voice.Google.Com and then you will see the number to that account displayed openly.
Seems he has the reverse issue. He knows the number, not the account linked to it

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 19, 2021, 10:15:10 PM »
Seems he has the reverse issue. He knows the number, not the account linked to it
Where's he using his GV number? Through the app?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline whacked1

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 19, 2021, 10:20:03 PM »
Where's he using his GV number? Through the app?
dk

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 19, 2021, 10:53:48 PM »
No app, just flip phone and desktop.  I use GV for a particular group of people.  Yes, I have the number, not the email.  I checked my regular emails and nothing there so I wanted a trigger as to which other obscure email it could be.  I will try some of your ideas above and report back.  Thanks.

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 20, 2021, 12:43:49 AM »
An SMS - like @whacked1 says -  should do, but you can also try the Google Voice recovery procedure here https://www.google.com/voice/account/recovery this will both email you but also show the first character and the character count of that email address.
and
bring me to the same Voice login page.  The problem is that page asks for email (I don't remember which one I used) or phone number (Google number or cell number?--but it doesn't recognize either number!).  The recovery page goes on to ask for personal information which I also will not remember what I wrote. 

What I am really after is my outgoing call log from google voice.  Is there any other way to retrieve it?  Incoming calls are logged on my cell phone carrier's itemized bill, but not outgoing calls.  Theose are all listed under my google voice number.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 20, 2021, 12:48:02 AM »
andbring me to the same Voice login page.  The problem is that page asks for email (I don't remember which one I used) or phone number (Google number or cell number?--but it doesn't recognize either number!).  The recovery page goes on to ask for personal information which I also will not remember what I wrote. 

What I am really after is my outgoing call log from google voice.  Is there any other way to retrieve it?  Incoming calls are logged on my cell phone carrier's itemized bill, but not outgoing calls.  Theose are all listed under my google voice number.
Are you are you currently using your Google voice? Meaning are you making phone calls from your Google voice account or are you trying to log in to an existing Google voice account you once had?

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 20, 2021, 01:16:26 AM »
andbring me to the same Voice login page.  The problem is that page asks for email (I don't remember which one I used) or phone number (Google number or cell number?--but it doesn't recognize either number!).  The recovery page goes on to ask for personal information which I also will not remember what I wrote. 

Not sure what you did, but this is what I get when going to the https://www.google.com/voice/account/recovery page:

I type in the 10 digit Google Voice number and press Submit, then I confirm I'm not a robot and it gives me this page (stars in the email address corresponding to my email address):

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 20, 2021, 01:18:28 AM »
Not sure what you did, but this is what I get when going to the https://www.google.com/voice/account/recovery page:

I type in the 10 digit Google Voice number and press Submit, then I confirm I'm not a robot and it gives me this page (stars in the email address corresponding to my email address):

@srap probably didn't go to the old legacy mode.
 But cool.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 20, 2021, 02:05:51 AM »
@srap probably didn't go to the old legacy mode.
 But cool.
I didn't go anywhere, just clicked the link. Tried normal browsing and Incognito, and it's the same.

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 20, 2021, 07:41:39 AM »
Are you are you currently using your Google voice? Meaning are you making phone calls from your Google voice account or are you trying to log in to an existing Google voice account you once had?
I am currently using my GV number to make calls on my flip phone.  I can not get into my GV account nor recovery page since I do not remember the access personal info to sign in.

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 20, 2021, 07:47:30 AM »
I didn't go anywhere, just clicked the link. Tried normal browsing and Incognito, and it's the same.
When I click the Google.com/voice/account/recovery URL link it brings me to the voice.Google.com URL and page which asks me for my GV number then my account info.  If it wouldn't automatically switch me over then I would see the pages you have above that would be helpful.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 20, 2021, 07:49:59 AM »
When I click the Google.com/voice/account/recovery URL link it brings me to the voice.Google.com URL and page which asks me for my GV number then my account info.  If it wouldn't automatically switch me over then I would see the pages you have above that would be helpful.
Have you tried Incognito?

Are you using a mobile browser? If yes switch to desktop site before going to this link.