Author Topic: Aegean Star Alliance Gold  (Read 281276 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Aegean Star Alliance Gold
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2012, 02:14:14 PM »
Sorry, didn't finish my thought. That makes 12,200. We will be flying to Ireland in the summer. What is the best way to make sure I can get her the additional 7800 miles during that trip. Can I buy her extra points on United? Should I pay for her to go Business class? It is 6100 miles both ways. Thanks.
1.No. 2. Doubt it makes sense. 3. Add segments or fly UA class Y (generally not worth it)
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2012, 10:05:10 PM »
Thanks.

Offline njmacman

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2012, 03:40:57 AM »
OK, she got 5600 (100%)points on Aegean for Class Q flight back, that gives her about 9800 and she achieved Blue (=silver). Our flights later in the year are Class S both ways to TLV- are they also 100%? That should put her over 20k.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2012, 03:41:50 AM »
OK, she got 5600 (100%)points on Aegean for Class Q flight back, that gives her about 9800 and she achieved Blue (=silver). Our flights later in the year are Class S both ways to TLV- are they also 100%? That should put her over 20k.
GIYF
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline lala

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 23, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »
anyone get this yet?

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2012, 07:47:02 AM »
You should get 500 miles for the CO flight and 369 for the US flight.

According to that agents "logic" if you fly on Adria in discounted economy you only need a 0 mile flight, but if you fly in full economy you would need to fly 500 miles and if you fly in first you would need to fly 1,000 miles to get credit ::)
Zeh lo ovaid kacha.

+1...credit just came thru..LAX-SFO is a 337 mile flight and 500 miles posted!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »
Great, so how far along are you now?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
Great, so how far along are you now?

Es kumt mir a mazal tov, ich bin yetz *G! :)

This time around LX flights seemed to post 4-5 after actual flight date...even though the account has passed 20K it still says Blue as I imagine it will take them a day or two to update the profile...It seems like my wife will be 54 measly miles short of 20K, I'm going to PUTPAC and see if there is any way they'll give her *G...

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 28, 2012, 06:36:04 PM »
Aegean upgraded the account to Gold...seems like they work pretty fast...let's see how long until I get the *G card...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2012, 10:15:38 PM »
Congrats!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2012, 06:26:23 AM »
Congrats!

Thanks! It seems though that many airlines out of TLV only allow 2 x 50 not 3 x 70 as United or 3 x 50 like US....it's nothing to complain about but still not what you can get when flying domestic in the US...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
Thanks! It seems though that many airlines out of TLV only allow 2 x 50
Such as?

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 29, 2012, 12:18:49 PM »
Such as?

LX, Lufthansa and LOT in economy...I hope someone can prove me wrong...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2012, 12:28:45 PM »
It seems like you're right, but bear in mind in case you connect to AC/UA/US in Europe:

"Effective since 1 April 2011: if the geographically longest or most significant stretch of your journey is not operated by Lufthansa, but by another airline, this airline’s rules may also apply to Lufthansa flights or Lufthansa flight numbers."
"As a general rule these free baggage allowances apply when SWISS operates the geographically longest or most significant stretch of the journey. Should this most significant stretch of the route be operated by another airline, its regulations may also apply on SWISS flights or to SWISS flight numbers. "

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »
It seems like you're right, but bear in mind in case you connect to AC/UA/US in Europe:

"Effective since 1 April 2011: if the geographically longest or most significant stretch of your journey is not operated by Lufthansa, but by another airline, this airline’s rules may also apply to Lufthansa flights or Lufthansa flight numbers."
"As a general rule these free baggage allowances apply when SWISS operates the geographically longest or most significant stretch of the journey. Should this most significant stretch of the route be operated by another airline, its regulations may also apply on SWISS flights or to SWISS flight numbers. "

if this means the flight over the ocean...i.e. europe to usa...it's usually LX of lufthansa anyhow :(

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2012, 01:52:57 PM »
if this means the flight over the ocean...i.e. europe to usa...it's usually LX of lufthansa anyhow :(

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2012, 01:54:24 PM »

Bolding mine.

Wouldnt risk it unless you had written confirmation..

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »

got it...we shall sea...no pun intended :)

Offline David B

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2012, 11:50:55 AM »
Just FYI...flew on a *A carrier (TK) using my Aegean number (along with my four other family members who all did the same), and nobody's Aegean miles were credited to their accounts.  Probably just a function of the overall disorganhization of TK -- but just an FYI.  We had given all the Aegean acct numbers to TK before we flew.

There is a utility on the Aegean website to "Claim Air Miles" -- used it, and first time around, they only credited part of the itinerary.  Used it again and waiting for the final results.  Guess it's a call to Greece if the second time is not a charm :(

When all is said and done, one R/T to Israel via IST should yield around 12,420 Aegean miles, well on the way to *A Gold

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2012, 12:38:42 PM »
Just FYI...flew on a *A carrier (TK) using my Aegean number (along with my four other family members who all did the same), and nobody's Aegean miles were credited to their accounts.  Probably just a function of the overall disorganhization of TK -- but just an FYI.  We had given all the Aegean acct numbers to TK before we flew.

There is a utility on the Aegean website to "Claim Air Miles" -- used it, and first time around, they only credited part of the itinerary.  Used it again and waiting for the final results.  Guess it's a call to Greece if the second time is not a charm :(

When all is said and done, one R/T to Israel via IST should yield around 12,420 Aegean miles, well on the way to *A Gold

It can up to a week for the miles to post as I have come to see...if not the claim option will work but it takes two weeks. LX also has issues crediting even though I confirmed three times....