Author Topic: Help Me Track Down an Old Siddurs Owner's Descendants.  (Read 9838 times)

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Help Me Track Down an Old Siddurs Owner's Descendants.
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2021, 03:06:59 PM »
@good sam Is that MY inbox is full?  Wondering why I keep seeing my username but not getting pinged.
Not you
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2021, 03:44:48 PM »
You had a rc unit? Were you bought out? Trust me , my tenants dont need any tips... they handle it just fine  ;D ;D
I had just moved to NYC for my first job, which was part-time, so I was happy to find a small affordable studio apartment.  The landlord told me it wasn't rent-controlled, but that he's a nice guy, and will keep the rent low as if it were.  I was (obviously) from OOT and clueless.

Long story short, after a while he raised the rent exorbitantly, I discovered it was under a rent abatement, I stopped paying rent, he sent eviction order, I countersued for triple damages on the overpayment he had been charging.  About 5-6 months passed before it went before a judge, who tried to convince me I could stay if I wanted, but at that point I had found a place to move to, so agreed to vacate in one month.  So I wasn't "bought out", but I did get about 5-6 months free rent, which was hugely appreciated at the time. 

Offline whacked1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2021, 03:47:19 PM »
I had just moved to NYC for my first job, which was part-time, so I was happy to find a small affordable studio apartment.  The landlord told me it wasn't rent-controlled, but that he's a nice guy, and will keep the rent low as if it were.  I was (obviously) from OOT and clueless.

Long story short, after a while he raised the rent exorbitantly, I discovered it was under a rent abatement, I stopped paying rent, he sent eviction order, I countersued for triple damages on the overpayment he had been charging.  About 5-6 months passed before it went before a judge, who tried to convince me I could stay if I wanted, but at that point I had found a place to move to, so agreed to vacate in one month.  So I wasn't "bought out", but I did get about 5-6 months free rent, which was hugely appreciated at the time.
Ah, you were rent stabilized. Not rent controlled. Similar but VERY different.

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2021, 03:58:03 PM »
Ah, you were rent stabilized. Not rent controlled. Similar but VERY different.
Yes!  :D You're right... It was a long time ago.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2021, 08:31:39 PM »
@good sam Is that MY inbox is full?  Wondering why I keep seeing my username but not getting pinged.
Are you using Hotmail or any version of Microsoft email? That stopped working about a year ago. No notifications come through. Probably a spam filter issue that DDF has (didn't have time to look into it, just switched it to go to a gmail account).