Author Topic: Would this change the shidduch picture conversation?  (Read 45951 times)

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Would this change the shidduch picture conversation?
« Reply #420 on: May 09, 2021, 02:47:51 PM »
+1 at least on the one married daughter.
Good for u both! Its amazing when one can actually see the suitability and appreciate it bh! I stand corrected but that wasn’t the point. While many to  most parents overshoot at least initially (in matters important to them), however when a boy veers slightly from the path and norms of the parents and was mostly away from home for a decade, at times parents aren’t properly gauging their kid. Getting names basically tells them what their kid is about and what is suitable.

Yes suitability is not just important, its not gonna happen if its not accurate. But not all men are created equal and AOC has yet to promise everyone a 10.

Rabbi Dovid Orlofsky has a great series on dating/Shidduchim, applicable to anyone who has the slightest involvement, including taking Shidduch questions, aka everyone. Available on TorahAnytime.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 03:09:27 PM by nucheiner »

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Would this change the shidduch picture conversation?
« Reply #421 on: May 09, 2021, 03:05:51 PM »
I hope you don't have as long of a break as I had between first and second wedding. Though I can't complain about my wonderful 5 grandchildren I've had since then.
Amein. That is someone dependent on family makeup.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #422 on: May 09, 2021, 03:09:44 PM »
Amein. That is someone dependent on family makeup.

Indeed. But I am of the opinion that the boys should also get married young.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline pbf

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #424 on: March 06, 2023, 11:55:14 AM »
In the yeshivish community I populate, it's lower than 30%. However, I'm sure that more than 30% of families have a child that was abused. In the general population, about 16% of kids are abused during childhood. Even if the number is half that in our circles, that's still way over 30% of families.
This is a poor use of statistics. There can easily be a large percentage of abused children who are siblings, not least because a lot of abuse occurs at home. The irony is you are specifically referring to red flags about abuse in the home, certainly your statistics don’t disprove that.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.