Author Topic: Vaccine Mandates  (Read 72445 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Vaccine Mandates
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2021, 12:39:50 PM »
Ok. replace g-d with a space alien gives you a seat belt after your accident. Wherever you feel natural immunity was coming from vs. manufactured.
You are against mandates that saves lives?
Are you against seatbelt mandates?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2021, 01:00:32 PM »
Blah blah
IS your point that they should take prior infections into account but that otherwise mandates are fine?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline alexk.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2021, 01:21:06 PM »
Bottom line is that it is a complex situation. Prior infections is the reason they lose the argument every time.

Mandates broad stroke things. Like those who view the vax as an "inconvenience". Not everyone feels that way. And they should have that right. I would not want to give it to a teenager. I would rather risk them getting the virus if they haven't already gotten it. They are in a very low risk situation.

Same with me. I have antibodies. I am recovered. Why should I have to get the vax? To satisfy someone else's need for me to get it? Are you really any better protected than me that you can go to a restaurant or fly on a plane and I cannot? 

If the vulnerable are protected, along with those who want the vax, why is that not enough?

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2021, 01:30:24 PM »
Mandates broad stroke things. Like those who view the vax as an "inconvenience". Not everyone feels that way. And they should have that right. I would not want to give it to a teenager. I would rather risk them getting the virus if they haven't already gotten it. They are in a very low risk situation.

Same with me. I have antibodies. I am recovered. Why should I have to get the vax? To satisfy someone else's need for me to get it? Are you really any better protected than me that you can go to a restaurant or fly on a plane and I cannot? 

If the vulnerable are protected, along with those who want the vax, why is that not enough?
Finally, a fair argument.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2021, 01:35:41 PM »
The issue is getting this under control so we can try and go back to normal.
Should those with antibodies from prior infection be mandated to get the vaccine? That is a valid point and should be addressed by the science.
Should those with no prior infection and not vaccinated be required to get the vaccine?  That is a no-brainer!!!

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2021, 01:38:20 PM »
Bottom line is that it is a complex situation. Prior infections is the reason they lose the argument every time.

The chart in this post (I think-my filter blocks twitter but I think this is the one where I saw the chart at a different location) explains very well why someone with prior infection, especially if it was in the first wave, should get vaccinated.

https://twitter.com/dvir_a/status/1440993476959686657?s=19

This chart here is bonkers. Crazy number of reinfections in Uman

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2021, 01:47:57 PM »
The chart in this post (I think-my filter blocks twitter but I think this is the one where I saw the chart at a different location) explains very well why someone with prior infection, especially if it was in the first wave, should get vaccinated.

+1 I know someone who claims to have had high antibodies recently (from a March 2020 infection) who recently got reinfected.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2021, 01:50:44 PM »
Should get vaccinated /= should be mandated by the government to get vaccinated

Offline alexk.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2021, 02:12:10 PM »
We are going to flip back now...

How many serious illnesses in the reinfections? I know plenty of vaxxed that got infected recently. But symptoms were mild.

If the body can now fight it, do you really need the boost?

Hospitalizations is your real indicator. How many reinfections were serious? Both vaxxed and unvaxxed but recovered.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »
Those that get infected do we know what the long term effects are? Are you willing to risk it.
First line of defense should be not to get infected.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2021, 02:15:35 PM »
We are going to flip back now...

How many serious illnesses in the reinfections? I know plenty of vaxxed that got infected recently. But symptoms were mild.

If the body can now fight it, do you really need the boost?

Hospitalizations is your real indicator. How many reinfections were serious? Both vaxxed and unvaxxed but recovered.
Take a look at the thread about Israel and you will see that there are plenty unfortunately

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2021, 05:53:12 PM »
This data makes no sense, there are obviously other factors in play. Vaccinated more than 6 months ago is less likely to be reinfected than vaccinated less than 6 months ago.

I assume the reason infected more than 6 months ago is so high is because we're comparing people who were infected in March 2020 to people who got the vaccine in March 2021.

I agree there may be a cutoff where previously infected is worse than vaccinated.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2021, 05:55:05 PM »
This data makes no sense, there are obviously other factors in play. Vaccinated more than 6 months ago is less likely to be reinfected than vaccinated less than 6 months ago.

I assume the reason infected more than 6 months ago is so high is because we're comparing people who were infected in March 2020 to people who got the vaccine in March 2021.

I agree there may be a cutoff where previously infected is worse than vaccinated.
Considering that the chart is of people returning from Uman there is likely to be selection bias

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2021, 07:30:44 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nevada-hospital-urges-residents-to-take-covid-19-seriously-we-are-pleading-with-you/ar-AAOOQ47?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Nearly 94 percent of the hospitalized patients were unvaccinated as well as nearly 86 percent of patients in intensive care.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2021, 09:26:56 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nevada-hospital-urges-residents-to-take-covid-19-seriously-we-are-pleading-with-you/ar-AAOOQ47?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Nearly 94 percent of the hospitalized patients were unvaccinated as well as nearly 86 percent of patients in intensive care.
(With the vast majority of older adults in the state vaccinated, so this 94% is from an unvaccinated population that is only a fraction of the size of the vaccinated population)

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2021, 11:07:22 PM »
“A federal appeals court has issued a temporary injunction against a Covid-19 vaccine mandate for New York City educators set to go into effect early next week, temporarily blocking enforcement while the case is sent to a three-judge circuit court panel for review.

The judge's ruling Friday means the mandate -- which required all New York City Department of Education employees to provide proof of at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine by Monday -- may not go into effect at its planned deadline, unless the case is reviewed before then.”

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2021, 01:22:16 AM »

Except it hasn't mutated into milder forms. Ever. Each mutation has only made it stronger.
This is simply  untrue. There have been numerous variants that were more mild such as what was going around Lakewood a year ago. Some  such variants fizzle out much faster due to lower contagion or are so mild that they barely get detected. According to some estimates I have seen there have been thousands of variants and we haven't even heard of the bat majority of them.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2021, 01:35:13 AM »
According to some estimates I have seen there have been thousands of variants and we haven't even heard of the bat majority of them.

lol this typo

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2021, 02:37:04 AM »
such variants fizzle out much faster due to lower contagion or are so mild that they barely get detected.
That is what I meant