Topic Wiki

Countries open (or opening soon) to the vaccinated:

Maldives
Ecuador
Greece
Iceland
Slovenia (?)

Alphabetical List of all Countries in the world (write the status next to any country that you know)

A
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Andorra
Angola
Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
B
The Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bhutan
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Botswana
Brazil
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Burundi
C
Cabo Verde
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada
Central African Republic
Chad
Chile
China
Colombia
Comoros
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
Costa Rica
Côte d’Ivoire
Croatia
Cuba
Cyprus
Czech Republic
D
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominica
Dominican Republic
E
East Timor (Timor-Leste)
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Estonia
Eswatini
Ethiopia
F
Fiji
Finland
France
G
Gabon
The Gambia
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Greece
Grenada
Guatemala
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Guyana
H
Haiti
Honduras
Hungary
I
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
J
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
K
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kiribati
Korea, North
Korea, South
Kosovo
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
L
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
M
Madagascar
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Malta
Marshall Islands
Mauritania
Mauritius
Mexico
Micronesia, Federated States of
Moldova
Monaco
Mongolia
Montenegro
Morocco
Mozambique
Myanmar (Burma)
N
Namibia
Nauru
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
North Macedonia
Norway
O
Oman
P
Pakistan
Palau
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Q
Qatar
R
Romania
Russia
Rwanda
S
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Samoa
San Marino
Sao Tome and Principe
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
Somalia
South Africa
Spain
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Sudan, South
Suriname
Sweden
Switzerland
Syria
T
Taiwan
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Thailand
Togo
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
U
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States
Uruguay
Uzbekistan
V
Vanuatu
Vatican City
Venezuela
Vietnam
Y
Yemen
Z
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Author Topic: Reopening For The Vaccinated  (Read 9341 times)

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
Re: Reopening For The Vaccinated
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 04:35:37 PM »
It seems like we may all be misreading it, and the Iceland government only intends to exempt people vaccinated from border measures like testing & quarantine, and not allowing in foreign citizens who would otherwise not be allowed in.

Very possible, the earlier version exempting EEA vaccinations stated that it's only to waive testing and quarantine requirements, but passenger still needs separate entry permit, I'm not sure what the rules for that are.

You’re correct. I’m not sure how omaat and these other websites didn’t catch that. Unless they have insider info that this will change but so far it is not the case and it will be a huge deal if it does since the EU wants to have a European policy for who’s allowed to enter.

I've been following the Icelandic situation very closely for a year now. Here's what I know, and how I'm reading this news:

Facts (using EU for EU, EFTA, etc.):
1. Iceland has been open to EU citizens for a number of months now, with double testing, quarantine, etc. No need for a special permit or anything. Plenty of tourists, a few of whom I know of personally.
2. Recently Iceland has relaxed the testing and quarantine requirements for EU citizens with proper documentation of past infection or a certificate of vaccination.
3. For the vax to be accepted for EU pax, it had to be on the list (significantly, Moderna was not included), and issued in the EU.

Now, yesterday's announcement, the way I read it:
1. #3 above now applies to everyone, for vaccinations issued anywhere. Provide proper documentation, and enter without restrictions.
2. Moderna is now acceptable
3. This announcement is clearly (IMO) aimed at Americans and their tourist dollars. The EU tourists have not been coming in numbers anywhere close to what they were hoping for.
4. The big question is regarding the documentation, as the CDC card clearly doesn't qualify based on what we know at this point.

Icelandair has been maintaining a fantastic blog laying out every change in plain English. Of course that's not an official government website, but it's been extremely accurate so far. Here's their latest update (bold theirs, red mine):

New rules: Iceland's border opens to all vaccinated and previously infected travelers

From March 18, 2021, all travelers - regardless of origin - are welcome to visit Iceland if they can show either:

certificate of full vaccination against COVID
certificate of previous COVID infection

This includes travelers from non-Schengen countries (including from UK, USA, Canada, Asia).

And finally, the official government announcement:

Exemption from border measures for vaccinated individuals to be extended to non-Schengen countries
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 04:35:57 PM »
One other big question is the details of "exempt from border measures' vs. "travel restrictions". The page regarding the latter is out of date, and more importantly, certain parts contradict yesterday's announcement.

A basic reading of the restrictions shows that tourists are not welcome, but I believe this is not the actually case.

I assume that both this issue and the documentation question will be addressed in the coming days.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 04:40:51 PM »
***For the vaccinated, not the previously infected. I don't believe you've ever gotten pushback on that one.

The European Union’s executive body proposed Wednesday issuing certificates that would allow EU residents to travel freely across the 27-nation bloc by the summer as long as they have been vaccinated, tested negative for COVID-19 or recovered from the disease.

To secure the participation of all member countries, the commission proposed delivering free “Digital Green Certificates” to EU residents who can prove they have been vaccinated against COVID-19, but also to those who have tested negative for the virus or can prove they recovered from it.

“Being vaccinated will not be a precondition to travel,” the European Commission said. “All EU citizens have a fundamental right to free movement in the EU, and this applies regardless of whether they are vaccinated or not. The Digital Green Certificate will make it easier to exercise that right, also through testing and recovery certificates.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 04:48:27 PM »
Also - and this is not an official word, but it is significant - one of the main sponsors of these new measures has been the tourism minister.

I suppose we'll know for certain before long.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2021, 05:11:51 PM »
Again a mistake. Only Europeans.

There was a ban for European and even French citizens to enter and exit the border unless for certain purposes. This was lifted last week for 8 countries including Israel. That is the link that you sent.

But Friday the conseil d’etat (like the Supreme Court in the USA) deemed it unconstitutional to ban French citizens to enter their country under any condition.

I know it’s pretty confusing and I saw other people making the same mistake.

Basically there are two things to check: 1. Is my nationality allowed into the country at all? Or only if you’re a student/resident etc. 2. Are there other restrictions in place like quarantine/testing etc? (All the above from France and Iceland is only about #2 at least so far).

Of course this is besides the regular pre COVID rules for visas/empty pages in passport etc.
I'm aware of the distinction. I know firsthand non-Europeans are flying from Israel into France without issues.

The French Embassy in TLV explicitly says:

Israeli passport holders traveling to France from Israel have the right to enter France without authorization, and to stay in France without a visa for a period of less than 90 days, regardless of the purpose of the stay. In order to be allowed to board and enter France, they must comply with the conditions listed above.

As of March 15, 2021, Israeli nationals can go to France from Israel by complying with all the conditions listed above, as well as Israeli regulations governing exit from and return to Israel.

As of March 15, 2021, no special authorization is required for travelers from Israel.

The French rules per IATA are:
Published 12.03.2021
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to passengers arriving from
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom or Vatican City (Holy See);

Which is separate from the allowance of any EU citizen to enter France from anywhere

– This does not apply to the following passengers who must present a completed Travel Certificate before boarding and to immigration upon arrival obtained at https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage:
– nationals of France and their spouses and children;
– nationals of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, Vatican City (Holy See) and an EEA Member State and their spouses and children;
– passengers with a diplomatic, official or service passport;
– passengers with a residence permit issued by Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, Vatican City (Holy See) or an EEA Member State;
– merchant seamen;
– students;
– passengers with a confirmation of being an unmarried partner of a national of France. They must also have a written invitation from the national of France;
– passengers with a Laissez-Passer.
2. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 molecular test result. The test must have been taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
– This does not apply to:
– passengers younger than 11 years;
– deadheading crew.
3. Passengers must have a completed sworn statement obtained at https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage.
– This does not apply to deadheading crew.
4. Passengers could be subject to a COVID-19 PCR test and quarantine upon arrival.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:32:52 PM by PlatinumGuy »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2021, 06:37:08 PM »
I'm aware of the distinction. I know firsthand non-Europeans are flying from Israel into France without issues.

The French Embassy in TLV explicitly says:

The French rules per IATA are:
Which is separate from the allowance of any EU citizen to enter France from anywhere

wow thanks very interesting.

so this seems to be only for israeli citizens (or israeli residents but with an approval by email first).

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2021, 10:53:24 PM »
Seems that a WHO yellow card (which many of us already have for yellow fever etc.) is the simplest option. Should be possible to have a travel clinic copy the info on your CDC card and validate it on your yellow card.

Looks like Moderna won't work for this scheme though.

https://www.landlaeknir.is/um-embaettid/greinar/grein/item44162/Certificate-of-vaccination-against-COVID-19-accepted-at-the-border

Certificates from the the World Health Organization (WHO) (the International Certificate of Vaccination or the Carte Jaune/Yellow Card) is also accepted for vaccines the WHO has validated. The following is a list of vaccines validated by the WHO (this list is updated as needed):
1. Tozinameran-COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine (Comirnaty®) Pfizer/BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH.
2. COVID-19 Vaccine (ChAdOx1-S) AstraZeneca/SK Bio (SK Bioscience Co. Ltd).
3. COVID-19 (ChAdOx1-S) Vaccine AstraZeneca (Covidshield™ Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd).
4. COVID-19 Vaccine (Ad26.COV2-S) Janssen-Cilag International NV.

Certificates may be in paper or electronic format. Border control will evaluate whether a certificate is valid and will consult a representative of the Chief Epidemiologist (health care worker) as needed. The final decision of whether a certificate is valid is at the discretion of the Chief Epidemiologist. If a passenger presents a document that is deemed invalid, i.e. if any of the necessary requirements are missing, the passenger must, as other arrival passengers, undergo double testing with quarantine in between.

A vaccine certificate is required to include the following:

Be in the Icelandic, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, English or French. A document in another language can be valid if the original document accompanied by a certified stamped translation in one of the languages required.
First name and last name (as in travel documents).
Date of birth.
Name of disease vaccinated against (COVID-19)
Where and when vaccination(s) was/were performed (date(s)).
Vaccination must be complete; see below the required doses for full vaccination for each vaccine.
Issuer of the certificate (supervising clinician/administering centre), with signature and stamp if the International Certificate of Vaccination.
Vaccine administered.
Manufacturer and batch/lot no. of vaccine.

This page was updated today, although it doesn't say which parts.

The new rules go into effect tomorrow, so it won't be long (hopefully!) before we have full clarity.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2021, 06:03:26 AM »
wow thanks very interesting.

so this seems to be only for israeli citizens (or israeli residents but with an approval by email first).

All travelers from Israel.

The email application is for travelers from Israel who aren't eligible for visa-free entry to Schengen, like Indian citizens.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 09:02:53 AM by PlatinumGuy »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2021, 07:49:38 AM »
All travelers from Israel.

The email applications is for travelers from Israel who aren't eligible for visa-free entry to Schengen, like Indian citizens.

That’s not what it says on the link that you sent.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2021, 08:16:30 AM »

I don't recall there being pushback for infected either once vaccines are readily available.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2021, 09:02:31 AM »
That’s not what it says on the link that you sent.
It is. Read it again

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2021, 12:13:18 AM »
I've also heard rumors about Slovenia but can't find a good source.

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2021, 03:35:50 PM »
One other big question is the details of "exempt from border measures' vs. "travel restrictions". The page regarding the latter is out of date, and more importantly, certain parts contradict yesterday's announcement.

A basic reading of the restrictions shows that tourists are not welcome, but I believe this is not the actually case.

I assume that both this issue and the documentation question will be addressed in the coming days.

Here we go - the official word:

https://www.logreglan.is/english/regarding-travel-restrictions-to-iceland-as-a-result-of-covid-19/

From March 26th 2021 everyone who can provide valid proof of a full vaccination or proof of prior infection will be exempt from travel restrictions to Iceland.

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2021, 03:39:21 PM »
Also now officially accepting the WHO Yellow Card:

Certificates from the the World Health Organization (WHO) (the International Certificate of Vaccination or the Carte Jaune/Yellow Card) is also accepted for vaccines the WHO has validated Opnast í nýjum glugga. The following is a list of vaccines validated by the WHO (this list is updated as needed):

1. Tozinameran-COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine (Comirnaty®) Pfizer/BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH.
3. COVID-19 (ChAdOx1-S) Vaccine AstraZeneca (Covishield™ Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd).

And of course as per travelers experiences (as Dan posted above) they seem to be accepting the CDC cards too.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2021, 03:42:51 PM »
Also now officially accepting the WHO Yellow Card:
Certificates from the the World Health Organization (WHO) (the International Certificate of Vaccination or the Carte Jaune/Yellow Card) is also accepted for vaccines the WHO has validated Opnast í nýjum glugga. The following is a list of vaccines validated by the WHO (this list is updated as needed):

3. COVID-19 (ChAdOx1-S) Vaccine AstraZeneca (Covishield™ Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd).

And of course as per travelers experiences (as Dan posted above) they seem to be accepting the CDC cards too.

Google tells me that's Icelandic for Opens in a new window :P
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2021, 04:02:03 PM »

Google tells me that's Icelandic for Opens in a new window :P

ALOL

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2021, 04:26:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1374091600868032512

This is very good, because it means that Israel will soon need to recognize foreign vaccinations.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2021, 04:35:06 PM »
This is very good, because it means that Israel will soon need to recognize foreign vaccinations.
Yup, plan in the works. Seems like the hold up is how to deal with Chinese/Russian vaccinations...