Poll

1 Or 2 Vaccine Doses For People Who Had COVID?

Get 1 dose and wait and see what updated guidance says
10 (52.6%)
Get 2 doses and be done with it
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: 1 Or 2 Vaccine Doses For People Who Had COVID?  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Re: 1 Or 2 Vaccine Doses For People Who Had COVID?
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2021, 10:12:51 AM »
Follow up on this -

His first dose was actually done out of state. He could go back there for a second dose, and they'll mark it as a second shot on the same vaccine card. Home state said they wouldn't mark it as a second shot on the card since there was a long gap in time between the shots. They said he can take 2 new shots with the proper intervals between them. I was pretty surprised that family doctor told him that he should probably do that.

So, it seems like his options are:
A) He can get the second shot in same location as first and they'll mark it on the same vaccine card - though it could be considered invalidated for some purposes, due to long gap between shots (he can also get the second shot in home state, but would then be in worse shape in terms of the vaccine card, since he wouldn't have any card showing he's fully vaxxed).
B) He could possibly take a J&J one if they start that up again - though that introduces another element of mixing two different types of vaccines (family doctor wasn't in favor of that).
C) He can take 2 new ones in home state - though that seems quite excessive.

What does DDF think?
What does that mean the home state won't mark the card? He tried every pharmacy in his home state?!?

I'm sure you can find one that will mark the 2nd dose. My friend got his first in NY and his 2nd at Rite Aid in OH with a gap and they marked the card.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2021, 10:27:45 AM »
Follow up on this -

His first dose was actually done out of state. He could go back there for a second dose, and they'll mark it as a second shot on the same vaccine card. Home state said they wouldn't mark it as a second shot on the card since there was a long gap in time between the shots. They said he can take 2 new shots with the proper intervals between them. I was pretty surprised that family doctor told him that he should probably do that.

So, it seems like his options are:
A) He can get the second shot in same location as first and they'll mark it on the same vaccine card - though it could be considered invalidated for some purposes, due to long gap between shots (he can also get the second shot in home state, but would then be in worse shape in terms of the vaccine card, since he wouldn't have any card showing he's fully vaxxed).
B) He could possibly take a J&J one if they start that up again - though that introduces another element of mixing two different types of vaccines (family doctor wasn't in favor of that).
C) He can take 2 new ones in home state - though that seems quite excessive.

What does DDF think?
I remember seeing somewhere that people who get antibody treatment may not develop their own immunity, I wonder how that would effect the first dose of the vaccine. Maybe the Dr feels that he may be starting out like someone who never got COVID or the vaccine, so a full 2 dose vaccine is warranted.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2021, 10:42:37 AM »
Test for antibodies. If high, שב ואל תעשה. If below threshold, then if A isn't too much of a hassle choose that option, otherwise ask local Dr and do as advised.

If antibodies are there but not very high (just marginally above threshold) wait a month or two and take another antibody test before deciding on next step.
depends if his concern is health or travel

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2021, 11:58:44 PM »
Thanks guys. I vote for A too. TBD what he ends up doing.

In terms of this -
What does that mean the home state won't mark the card? He tried every pharmacy in his home state?!?

I'm sure you can find one that will mark the 2nd dose. My friend got his first in NY and his 2nd at Rite Aid in OH with a gap and they marked the card.
Not sure where he got that info from but you make a good point. I'll find out / let him know.