Author Topic: Anyone hesitate to go vacation in Israel due to situation in North/ Iran/ Gaza?  (Read 817 times)

Offline Ezriel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Anyone hesitate to go vacation in Israel due to situation in North/ Iran/ Gaza?

Feel a little insecure going there, is it just me???

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

I have heard several similar stories over the years, will quote a recent one which comes to mind.

Five members of the same Israeli family were killed in a cable car crash in Italy, with only Eitan surviving. Amit Biran, 30, and Tal Peleg-Biran, 26, as well as Eitan's 2-year-old brother, Tom, perished. Eitan's grandparents, Barbaria Cohen, 71, and Yitzhak Cohen, 81, also died in the accident.

Barbaria and Yitzhak were visiting their family in Italy in order to escape the Hamas rocket barrages at Tel Aviv over the last two weeks.

Bottom line is, Hashem is in charge, there is no escaping him - I mean who would have imagined Meron, Karlin and Surfside (without even mentioning corona!!!)?
The only thing we can do is daven and do Hishtadlus (take regular precautions which IMHO isn't any different then any other year).

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Unfortunately "situation in North/ Iran/ Gaza" seems pretty constant for the past decade. You might just as well go and visit. The decades prior to the "situation in North/ Iran/ Gaza" were worse.
Your chances of getting hurt are statistically insignificant, I would be more concerned about the way people drive in Israel.

Offline yshad

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
If there’s any reason not to go on vacation in Israel now, it’s because of the crazy COVID rules and bureaucracy which change all the time with no rhyme or reason, not the security situation.