Author Topic: Ask a Lubavitcher Anything  (Read 287963 times)

Offline Mf1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Lubavitcher Anything
« Reply #320 on: May 27, 2021, 11:51:30 PM »
Let me preface by saying I have never studied any chabad literature before, besides some parts of the תניא.
However, I went through the whole  ביום עשתי עשר יום piece (haven't looked at the באתי לגני piece yet.) and there's just so much to say.
Firstly, who's the author? Is this the latest rebbe's writings? Style is very different than the תניא, and he keeps saying things like "כידוע" and the like, and most of the time the footnotes show other ספרי חב"ד as the referance, and as I said I am unlearned in their seforim.

However, I was quite impressed of the level of sophistication of philosophical ideas that are being discussed there in general.
Being that these are some of the most subtle ideas of yiddishkeit, even small improperly used grammer can really quickly be straight כפירה.
So being that I am unlearned in their vernacular, it presents major difficulties to me.
For example, something like עצמות אור אין סוף vs אור אין סוף vs אין סוף vs עצמותו are of such vital importance that without knowing what the author is referring too becomes impossible to analyze just one of his pieces.
Meaning, does he hold that אין סוף and עצמותו are the same thing or not?
Why when he's referring to hashem who's being משפיע through the אצילות he calls it עצמות אוא"ס why is that אור and not אין סוף itself?
אור is what we perceive of the אין סוף but hashem himself is the מאור not the אור. Is this on purpose?
So according to his central theme would we not strive to cleave to the מאור as well? Why not go a step further?
When he says אנא נסיב מלכא he's saying we don't want even the highest levels of atzilus rather we want עצמות אור אין סוף and he quotes the pasuk in Eicha of חלקי יהוה, but it's not מוכח as according to mainstream kabbalah that would just be referring to the sefirah of ת"ת not to anything higher then the sfiros, I mean even our very Neshamos come from בינה , תפארת ומלכות but he seems to say that our Neshamos want it's Shoresh which is above the atzilus it wants hashems essence, thats a very difficult thing for me to agree/understand as it's against everything the main seforim say and without mekoros?!?!
He says that לעתיד לבוא will be
, הרי עיקר הגילוי שיהי' בגאולה העתידה הוא הגילוי דעצמות אוא"ס שלמעלה מהשגה
Once again what does he even mean, we know עולם הבא will be a בחינה  of ספירת בינה it's actually one of the  כינויים for בינה, which yes it is למעלה מהשגה but that's not עצמותו.

He brings the pasuk of תפלה לעני כי יעטןף and says once again כידוע מהבש"ט that dovid wanted his tfillah to go straight to עצמותו (unless I'm misunderstanding) they bring in footnotes it's in כתר שם טוב and אור המאיר parshas vayishlach, well I checked up in the latter and it's deff not there, and it just seems so wrong, as we know hashem is ומרומם על כל ברכה ותהילה so any inyan of ברכה and שבח can ONLY be referred to as a תוספת ברכה in the sefiros, but to say a bracha addressing אין סוף directly should constitute the ultimate כפירה. As there is no שינוי or ברכה shayich bichllal as he is the ultimate shleimus.

So I must be not understanding some of the terminology here, the תניא I found to be rather straight forward he uses the standard terms brought in mainstream seforim but having a hard time with this author...

What are your thoughts @ExGingi?
If I understand your question regarding the Neshomo correctly- it's that in mainstream Kabala it seems it comes from a lower level.
So this is a topic in Chabad Chassidus, and it also mentions the Neshomo coming from lower places.
However,  IMHO it seems the answer is in the spirit of the Medrash that חמשה שמות נקראו לה that the Neshomo has many layers and that the יחידה of the Neshomo and even higher than that , the Etzem of the Neshomo, is much greater.
It brings sources in Kabala for it including ( עץ חיים שער מב (שער דרושי אבי"ע) פ"א (הובא בלקו"ת פ' ראה כז, א
:
יש ניצוץ קטן מאד שהוא בחינת אלקות כו'  וזה הניצוץ מתלבש בכח ניצוץ אחד נברא כו' הנקרא יחידה

the following maamer Ois Gimmel discusses it as well:
https://www.lahak.org/templates/lahak/article_cdo/aid/2919381/jewish/-.htm#footnoteRef21a2919381
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 11:55:31 PM by Mf1 »

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 28, 2021, 12:57:27 AM »
Lol, you're asking about Hemshech Samech Vov on one foot  ;D
Next up is Hemshech Ranat or Ayin Beis? Or why not go for all of shas?

People spend a lifetime trying to grasp these concepts!

Did you start by learning Bayom Ashtei Asar from both of these?
https://w3.chabad.org/media/pdf/1026/XVwn10267621.pdf
http://downloads.simplychassidus.com/BaYom_Ashtei_Assar_5731.pdf

Not really something you can pull off in an hour. See if your local shliach will learn it with you over time?
Or better yet, hire @Freddie to be your chavrusa.
Yossi paltiel has plenty of shiurim on hemshechim https://insidechassidus.org/

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #322 on: May 28, 2021, 01:19:25 AM »
Yossi paltiel has plenty of shiurim on hemshechim https://insidechassidus.org/
He and YY (though we called him Jakey at the time) were our chassidus magidei shiurim in ULY.
Not a bad lineup, but I still preferred Shaps in YOEC. Can still hear him deep diving into Ranat and Bayom Ashtei Asar.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:26:24 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 28, 2021, 01:23:01 AM »
YY Jacobson? I live 2 min from him! I could talk to him about these things your saying..!

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 28, 2021, 01:23:39 AM »
I don’t think i ever felt so lost in my life.
I’m thinking to bookmark this thread as proof that their is life on another planet

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 28, 2021, 01:27:43 AM »
He and YY (though we called him Jakey at the time) were our chassidus magidei shiurim in ULY.
Not a bad lineup, but I still preferred Shaps in YOEC. Can still here him diving into Ranat and Bayom Ashtei Asar.
YY has shiurim on samech vov from ULY, but there black market shiurim. I have a bunch of the shiurim and I asked YY where I could get the rest of them. YY told me that they weren't supposed to be for the public.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #326 on: May 28, 2021, 01:33:58 AM »
YY has shiurim on samech vov from ULY, but there black market shiurim. I have a bunch of the shiurim and I asked YY where I could get the rest of them. YY told me that they weren't supposed to be for the public.
I guess I should have recorded them :D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 28, 2021, 01:35:01 AM »
I’m thinking to bookmark this thread as proof that their is life on another planet
איך וויל זע גאר ניסט איך וויל ניט דאיין גן עדן איך וויל
ניט דאיין עולם הבא כו' איך וויל מער ניט אז דיך אליין
This isn't another planet, this is tachlis!

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 28, 2021, 01:36:17 AM »
If I understand your question regarding the Neshomo correctly- it's that in mainstream Kabala it seems it comes from a lower level.
So this is a topic in Chabad Chassidus, and it also mentions the Neshomo coming from lower places.
However,  IMHO it seems the answer is in the spirit of the Medrash that חמשה שמות נקראו לה that the Neshomo has many layers and that the יחידה of the Neshomo and even higher than that , the Etzem of the Neshomo, is much greater.
It brings sources in Kabala for it including ( עץ חיים שער מב (שער דרושי אבי"ע) פ"א (הובא בלקו"ת פ' ראה כז, א
:
יש ניצוץ קטן מאד שהוא בחינת אלקות כו'  וזה הניצוץ מתלבש בכח ניצוץ אחד נברא כו' הנקרא יחידה

https://www.lahak.org/templates/lahak/article_cdo/aid/2919381/jewish/-.htm#footnoteRef21a2919381
Yeah that was one of the questions , and I'll have to look up that  ע"ח..of the נרנ חי, even the בחינות of ח"י are only בגדר of מקיפים we are totally not shayich to that, לעתיד לבוא those may be attainable to some, don't have any recollection of anything higher then יחידה being mentioned...as above כתר the general rule is לית מחשבה תפיסה ביה even אין סוף isn't a positive attribute cuz on the עצמות there is nothing to even begin comprehension yet alone דיבור...although they do speak about עולם הצחצחות that's עולמות not talking about the essense of hashem כביכול it's just not really spoken about much at all seems dangerous talking about עצמות and levels of neshama higher then יחידה that emenate from עצמות... However I'll look up the ע"ח you mentioned but yeah I guess there's a lot of חסידות I'm totally unfamiliar with...I'll do some learning up over the next little while and perhaps report back..thanks too whoever responded with info and insights.

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 28, 2021, 01:42:09 AM »
Wake up before it's too late, in the next world allegedly you can only be משיג in things that you had atleast some מושגים of in this world...wouldn't you hate to be stuck with just חומש רש"י?!
There's so much out there...you live on Earth and think that's all that exists..wake up, time to Explore Mars!!
Everything in this world we can learn lessons from, perhaps exploring Mars is your sign to start delving into the otherworldly!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 28, 2021, 01:46:31 AM »
YY Jacobson? I live 2 min from him! I could talk to him about these things your saying..!
In that case, ask him to learn the maimorim with you while you ask him how he did this:
Lol...Idk how the people understood, he doesn't speak exceptionally clear to say the least, and he talks quite fast, with that tune, my gosh, whoever wrote over that maamer just from hearing him say it once live, is a genius.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 28, 2021, 01:47:18 AM »
איך וויל זע גאר ניסט איך וויל ניט דאיין גן עדן איך וויל
ניט דאיין עולם הבא כו' איך וויל מער ניט אז דיך אליין
This isn't another planet, this is tachlis!
This מימרא is an unimaginable high דרגא said by one of our holiest sages 200+ years ago. I don't see how this can even be incorporated to the masses. Throwing this around so easily as if this would be a level within our reach today always baffled me. When you think honestly deeply into that statement.

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 28, 2021, 01:52:12 AM »
:

Your confusing עצמות and אלקות the entire עולם האצילות is בגדר אלקות when we say the נשמה is a "חלק אלוה ממעל" that means it's a part of the עולם האצילות not the עצמות hashem ח"ו.
See שפע טל the hakdamah the very first הגה in the safer he goes out of his way to explain when he say אלקות chas vchalilah to think he's referring to hashem.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 28, 2021, 01:53:13 AM »
This מימרא is an unimaginable high דרגא said by one of our holiest sages 200+ years ago. I don't see how this can even be incorporated to the masses. Throwing this around so easily as if this would be a level within our reach always baffled me.
Throwing around?
We spend years learning chassidus and farbrenging to work on this!

But it's critical to know what's the goal you're trying to attain and why are we here on this planet.

וְזֶה כָּל הָאָדָם וְתַכְלִית בְּרִיאָתוֹ וּבְרִיאַת כָּל הָעוֹלָמוֹת, עֶלְיוֹנִים וְתַחְתּוֹנִים, לִהְיוֹת לוֹ יִתְבָּרֵךְ דִּירָה בְּתַחְתּוֹנִים.

How can you go somewhere without a road map? Is the whole point olam haba or is it actually olam hazeh?

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 28, 2021, 01:53:16 AM »
In that case, ask him to learn the maimorim with you while you ask him how he did this:
Absolutely will do!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2021, 01:56:19 AM »
Your confusing עצמות and אלקות the entire עולם האצילות is בגדר אלקות when we say the נשמה is a "חלק אלוה ממעל" that means it's a part of the עולם האצילות not the עצמות hashem ח"ו.
See שפע טל the hakdamah the very first הגה in the safer he goes out of his way to explain when he say אלקות chas vchalilah to think he's referring to hashem.
Yechida shebenefesh is part of Atzmus ain sof.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 28, 2021, 01:58:02 AM »
Throwing around?
We spend years learning chassidus and farbrenging to work on this!

But it's critical to know what's the goal you're trying to attain and why are we here on this planet.

וְזֶה כָּל הָאָדָם וְתַכְלִית בְּרִיאָתוֹ וּבְרִיאַת כָּל הָעוֹלָמוֹת, עֶלְיוֹנִים וְתַחְתּוֹנִים, לִהְיוֹת לוֹ יִתְבָּרֵךְ דִּירָה בְּתַחְתּוֹנִים.

How can you go somewhere without a road map? Is the whole point olam haba or is it actually olam hazeh?
Knowing the goal is one thing. Reaching that goal is another story. In other circles this would be referenced when speaking of the Gadlus of the Baal H'Tanya, that he was on that Darga to actually reach and say that מימרא.

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 28, 2021, 01:59:51 AM »
This מימרא is an unimaginable high דרגא said by one of our holiest sages 200+ years ago. I don't see how this can even be incorporated to the masses. Throwing this around so easily as if this would be a level within our reach today always baffled me. When you think honestly deeply into that statement.
It's not a new idea, it's along the lines of the song עולם הבא איז א גוטע.
I've always struggled with the idea from a philosophical perspective..being that you will have zero benefit from it, how can you have a want/רצון without incorporating your ego into it...if there is total התבטלות then you don't exist, you can't even call it a good thing for you, as there is no you at all...so why would someone have a  רצון for a state where they don't enjoy it, even if it's becuz you know it's hashem and the ultimate good etc ...but if you have nothing from it then what good is it...there's too much to talk about and the hour is late...layla tov.

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2021, 02:00:25 AM »
Yechida shebenefesh is part of Atzmus ain sof.
Source?

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2021, 02:02:35 AM »
Eta, knowing what previous Tzadikim were like and talking of them, even we can't fathom how we can attain their madraigos, also brings us much closer to their ways.