Author Topic: Ask a Lubavitcher Anything  (Read 287248 times)

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: Ask a Lubavitcher Anything
« Reply #2580 on: March 06, 2023, 12:46:30 PM »
Would it not be known had it not been announced?

Would parev cholent fill you up? There's no way for anyone to know, it's never been tried. They weren't trying to build a secret eruv, they were building an eruv for people to know about and use.

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: March 06, 2023, 12:46:58 PM »
when they are being meikal they are doing so bec of Rav Moshe.

Once again you resort to those who anyways rely on Reb Moshe, according to him it's neither a איסור דרבנן. The question is when one comes asking those who didn't accept Reb Moshe's heter to be adding or any different than the original Pri Chadash, then their answer will be that there is a חשש דאורייתא too according to the חת׳׳ס.

So any talk of דאורייתא is comical.

Lol. Go tell that to the many poskim who brought up the חשש דאורייתא explicitly when dealing with Reb Moshe's heter.

https://beta.hebrewbooks.org/reader/reader.aspx?sfid=910#p=54&fitMode=fitwidth&hlts=&ocr=

« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 12:55:16 PM by EliJelly »

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: March 06, 2023, 12:58:41 PM »
Now I think I am starting to get how the poll ended up here.

Ah Frelichen Purim!

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: March 06, 2023, 01:01:17 PM »
Once again you resort to those who anyways rely on Reb Moshe, according to him it's neither a איסור דרבנן. The question is when one comes asking those who didn't accept Reb Moshe's heter to be adding or any different than the original Pri Chadash, then their answer will be that there is a חשש דאורייתא too according to the חת׳׳ס.

Lol. Go tell that to the many poskim who brought up the חשש דאורייתא explicitly when dealing with Reb Moshe's heter.

https://beta.hebrewbooks.org/reader/reader.aspx?sfid=910#p=54&fitMode=fitwidth&hlts=&ocr=

Doesn’t make any more sense now than the first time. Definitely the right time of year for this :)

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: March 06, 2023, 01:04:06 PM »
Doesn’t make any more sense now than the first time. Definitely the right time of year for this :)

Btw, Rav Moshe would not be happy that people who claim to be his followers are so blinded that they refuse to see other shitas in Halacha.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2585 on: March 06, 2023, 01:05:13 PM »
Just changed it for accuracy's sake! At least it is now somewhat accurate of the reality anyway...

Wow. You are so brilliant. Can you tell me how those Chassidim traveled to EY from NY? Was it on foot, by bicycle, scooter, or moped? Which route did they take? Or perhaps it was על ענני שמיא?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 01:08:20 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2586 on: March 06, 2023, 01:09:04 PM »
Wow. You are so brilliant. Can you tell me how those Chassidim traveled to EY from NY? Was it on foot, by bicycle, scooter, or moped? Which route did they take? Or perhaps it was על ענני שמיא?
Aha, so the question doesn't make any sense!

Now you are getting there.

So so close to getting what Dan's been saying for 5 pages now!
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2587 on: March 06, 2023, 01:15:30 PM »
Aha, so the question doesn't make any sense!

Now you are getting there.

So so close to getting what Dan's been saying for 5 pages now!

I am not trying to argue with you. And you are the one making a statement that the question doesn't make sense. I presented a hypothetical story, and asked questions based on the story. The questions make sense. Your modification and added line in the hypothetical story is what doesn't make sense. And that is the point I am making. It doesn't make sense (in our physical realm) to erect an eiruv in Crown Heights with nobody finding out about it sooner or later.
-- Dan

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
Re: kosher food in airport lounges
« Reply #2588 on: March 06, 2023, 02:52:42 PM »
(tiptoes into the room)
Just throwing in a random quote from page Sheva v'Esrim UMeah:
I assume he’s referencing the irony that the hechsher Sh’airis was literally started as a response to Laundau being Lubavitch while meanwhile (some) Lubavitch(ers) won’t even use the hechsher. It’s ironic, even if there’s a good explanation (irony doesn’t mean nonsensical).
(Agav many people consider Landau to be the best hechsher in EY or perhaps the world).
To agree with his brilliance and provide proof (at least 180 proof)
RYBs has commented that Rav Landau's hechsher may well be the best in Eretz Yisrael, because the Badatz has as many mashgichim as they hire, but Rav Landau zatzal had the entire city of Bnei Brak as mashgichim - and they never once found anything negative about his hashgacha.
And to point out that the hechsher She'eris was actually a shechita. Their other stuff (and it isn't much) came later.

And also: I love you all, and you should be gebentched. Have a freilichen Purim!
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2589 on: March 06, 2023, 03:02:11 PM »
The questions make sense.
Wrong. They make sense for the story they do not make sense for the conversation and topic at hand.

A father asks his son if he can get him a glass of water.

The son gets it.

Did the father want water?

The question makes sense, but the story doesn't make any sense in context.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2590 on: March 06, 2023, 03:28:33 PM »
This thread makes my head spin....

If eating on Erev YK is like fasting, is fasting on Erev Purim like drinking?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: March 06, 2023, 03:42:21 PM »
Wrong. They make sense for the story

So answer them! (or are you afraid that answering them truthfully will prove my point?)

-- Dan

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: March 06, 2023, 03:48:37 PM »
So answer them! (or are you afraid that answering them truthfully will prove my point?)
Says the guy that didn't answer my question. Ok, Mr. some pigs are more equal than others.

There is no reason to answer irrelevant questions. Or obviously misconstrued questions that are trying to pretzel their writers own view.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: March 06, 2023, 07:43:18 PM »
it is you who seem to think that you understand and know exactly what the Rebbe wants and thinks, and if it doesn't fit your logic, you just reject it.

I know you were replying to Dan, not to me. But to be clear, it is you who suggested that you know exactly what the Rebbe meant (even if it’s the exact opposite of the words quoted as the Rebbe’s). When I suggested otherwise you used an intellectually-dishonest tactic of suggesting I disrespect the Rebbe for not accepting your interpretation.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: March 06, 2023, 07:45:46 PM »
Ifff your Cain Stull poat in thiz thread on Purik and make sence you looz ure libavitch kard

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: March 06, 2023, 07:55:42 PM »
Ifff your Cain Stull poat in thiz thread on Purik and make sence you looz ure libavitch kard

I wanna see you type a sentence like that when you’re drunk. Besides, if I keep it up with ExGingi he won’t eat my Shechita.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2596 on: March 06, 2023, 07:59:47 PM »
I wanna see you type a sentence like that when you’re drunk. Besides, if I keep it up with ExGingi he won’t eat my Shechita.
Is that why he only eats parve cholent?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: March 06, 2023, 08:33:29 PM »
I know you were replying to Dan, not to me. But to be clear, it is you who suggested that you know exactly what the Rebbe meant (even if it’s the exact opposite of the words quoted as the Rebbe’s). When I suggested otherwise you used an intellectually-dishonest tactic of suggesting I disrespect the Rebbe for not accepting your interpretation.

The words quoted as the Rebbe's are those that were printed. The words in the podcast are third hand! Which one's do you want to be מדייק?

To be clear: I say that the Rebbe meant EXACTLY what he said.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: March 06, 2023, 08:35:37 PM »
Is that why he only eats parve cholent?

Exactly! Because I can't get meat from @AsherO's Shechita.
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2599 on: March 06, 2023, 09:07:53 PM »
The words quoted as the Rebbe's are those that were printed. The words in the podcast are third hand! Which one's do you want to be מדייק?

To be clear: I say that the Rebbe meant EXACTLY what he said.
k

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.