Author Topic: Ticket to Ride and several other board/card games (local pickup only, Lakewood)  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Ticket to Ride, unopened, $29

Tsuro, played numerous times, $14

BANG! The Dice Game, played (mostly or possibly only) with sleeved cards, $10

Star Realms, played little if at all, $9 (Digital version can be tried for free on computers/mobile devices)

Sushi Go!, played numerous times, $5

Risk: Plants vs Zombies (unlike most Risk games, this is 2-player only), $14, acquired secondhand, appeared to be
unplayed but with the box somewhat the worse for wear and missing 2 tokens, we started it once and didn't finish

(I may add a game or 2 later.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 08:09:21 AM by Randomex »
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Takenoko, played more than a few times, $25

(By the way, that's a spare copy of Star Realms - my other copy is one of the most-played games I own.)
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
Would more info help?

Ticket to Ride
The board is a map of the US with colored routes between cities. Players have cards showing sets of cities they
must connect by the end of the game, scoring or losing points if they do or don't. Turns are mostly spent getting
colored cards or spending them to occupy routes on the board with their trains. Tension is present from the get-go.

Tsuro
Players place square tiles onto a grid-board to form a path for them to move along,
trying not to go off the edge or collide with other players. Not a deeply strategic game.

BANG! The Dice Game
If you're familiar with BANG!, this has the same roles but a shorter play time,
and uses dice rather than cards to determine what you can do on your turn.

Star Realms
A deck-building game is one in which each player has a small personal deck of cards that they cycle through
and which they can modify during the game, mostly by adding better cards to it. Star Realms is among the
shortest of these. Use spaceships and space stations in 4 flavors to kill the other player before they kill you.

Sushi Go!
A very simple card-drafting game. Much as you might imagine if you're a sports fan, you choose one of
the cards you're holding to keep and pass the rest to the next player, but you're all doing that at once.

Risk: Plants vs Zombies
A 2-player version of Risk with the theme of PvZ. Also includes a second game played on a board resembling
the lawn from the video game and using some different components, still with Risk-style dice-throwing combat.

Takenoko
The players build the board as the game goes along. There's bamboo that can be grown and a panda that can
eat it. No one owns anything. Points are scored by fulfilling cards in your hand that want parts of the board built
a certain way, bamboo grown a certain way in particular places, or the panda to eat certain colors of bamboo.

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
All prices that started at $10 or lower reduced by $1.
All prices that started above $10 reduced by $2.

Offline Markrogo

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
The US alone has approximately 20 Lakewoods.

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
And yet no one's asked me which one I'm in.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 04:09:50 PM by Randomex »

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
The US alone has approximately 20 Lakewoods.
Google says 30 ;)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
Bump (disregard post about price reduction).