Author Topic: Did they restart Maariv Minyan at MSG?  (Read 806 times)

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
Did they restart Maariv Minyan at MSG?
« on: March 22, 2021, 09:55:37 AM »
I have tickets for tonight's NYR game IYH and am wondering whether they are still doing Maariv at the kosher stand (if that even reopened).

With seating limited to 2,000 people it might be tougher to get a minyan but am looking to attend if there is a minyan.

Any information would be helpful.

Offline NTorch

• View Profile
Re: Did they restart Maariv Minyan at MSG?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 11:17:43 AM »
I went to the game last night with my son and after the 2nd period we went to the area where the kosher stand (outside sections 112-113) used to be.

Stand was not open but there were a fair number of frum people wandering around. It took us about 5-7 minutes to get a minyan and BH we got more than ten and finished in time for the start of the 3rd period.

...and when we finished one of the guys said kaddish. I'm not sure if he was there when we started maariv, but knowing that we helped a chiyuv get maariv made it very special for me.

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 11:19:29 AM »
I went to the game last night with my son and after the 2nd period we went to the area where the kosher stand (outside sections 112-113) used to be.

Stand was not open but there were a fair number of frum people wandering around. It took us about 5-7 minutes to get a minyan and BH we got more than ten and finished in time for the start of the 3rd period.

...and when we finished one of the guys said kaddish. I'm not sure if he was there when we started maariv, but knowing that we helped a chiyuv get maariv made it very special for me.
So they have no kosher food?

Offline NTorch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 11:52:43 AM »
So they have no kosher food?

If you mean whether the Abigael's stand was open, no. Do they have bottled soda, water and other pre-pack nosh under hashgacha, yes.

It seemed like the vast majority of the concessions were closed and given that they are limited to 10% capacity at this time, it would make little to no sense for a kosher stand to open.

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 12:05:11 PM »
If you mean whether the Abigael's stand was open, no. Do they have bottled soda, water and other pre-pack nosh under hashgacha, yes.

It seemed like the vast majority of the concessions were closed and given that they are limited to 10% capacity at this time, it would make little to no sense for a kosher stand to open.
Yes I mean real food, not snacks. Barclays has kosher food open