Author Topic: Will chase sapphire preferred card protect me against rental company extras?  (Read 977 times)

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I have already completed my Avis rental at MCO  Orlando airport . I had 6 days rental but during my 4rth day the car wouldn’t start at all and couldn’t even open the door . Had to use manual key form the key fob to get in and it had red car logo flashing in the odometer. Avis road side assistance were too busy so I had to get in an Uber to go to theme parks . In the evening after countless calls and 3 hours wait they sent tow truck to pick up the car from my hotel. They couldn’t arrange replacement car from the airport as they were too busy to pick up their calls. I took Uber to airport and waited 2 hours to get a replacement car at 2am. So far Avis hasn’t charged me any extras for tow service or any other extra charges but who knows . I will fight if they tried to charge me extra but will my chase SP card help me if I am billed for tow and other extra charges by Avis in the coming days? Thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Were you at fault? Why would they charge you otherwise?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
I have already completed my Avis rental at MCO  Orlando airport . I had 6 days rental but during my 4rth day the car wouldn’t start at all and couldn’t even open the door . Had to use manual key form the key fob to get in and it had red car logo flashing in the odometer. Avis road side assistance were too busy so I had to get in an Uber to go to theme parks . In the evening after countless calls and 3 hours wait they sent tow truck to pick up the car from my hotel. They couldn’t arrange replacement car from the airport as they were too busy to pick up their calls. I took Uber to airport and waited 2 hours to get a replacement car at 2am. So far Avis hasn’t charged me any extras for tow service or any other extra charges but who knows . I will fight if they tried to charge me extra but will my chase SP card help me if I am billed for tow and other extra charges by Avis in the coming days? Thanks
I wouldn't pay a Penny for that rental. I would be running after them for compensation, or at least cut the bill in half.

And for tow and all, Like Dan said. No reason you should be charged.

Doubt you'd need to come onto your cc. A call to avis would do the trick should a charge appear.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I wouldn't pay a Penny for that rental. I would be running after them for compensation, or at least cut the bill in half.

And for tow and all, Like Dan said. No reason you should be charged.

Doubt you'd need to come onto your cc. A call to avis would do the trick should a charge appear.
people on flyertalk told me I will be on the hook for hundreds by Avis  because I didn’t jump start the car myself , Avis regular rental doesn’t cover any road side assistance blah blah.  On my 4rth day of rental, we were about to go to seaworld from our hotel and our car is parked in the hotel parking lot.  The remote wouldn’t open the car door . I opened the key from the key fob to to manually open the drivers side door and then get inside and push the passenger side door to get  our car seat out.  The odometer has car logo flashing red and car wouldn’t  start at all. I called Avis who told me I have to call their roadside assist team.. It took 30 mins for them to answer and told me I have to wait for  2 hours or more . We didn’t want to waste our day so we card Uber to  go out and when we came back in evening I called them it took hours for them to finally send a tow truck and told me they can’t get in touch with the Avis people at the mco airport for replacement car. At 12 am I took Uber to airport preferred counter was closed and went inside the terminal and stood in line for an hour and half until 2 am. 2 agents working and 20 people in line  at 1am.  I explained the situation to her and asked her to deduct the $95 3 Uber rides  from my rental cost. She did that and gave me a replacement car.  Today I dropped the car. But I hear Avis internal department will review the tow charge and may charge me for the tow and extras . I don’t think they should but people at flyetalk told me I will be charged a lot .  What do you guys think ? Just to let you know mco airport car rental are extremely busy and it is packed with lines all day and night . I am preferred plus member but during the day I arrived there for pick up , my name wasn’t on the board and I stood in line at the. Preferred coughed for 30 mins . The employee told me they are extremely busy to  and didn’t get time for name on the board but I did get the car I booked.  Don’t rent from the airport location for two things , extremely busy and if something goes wrong you will have to go to airport  for replacement car. Rent from offsite airport location .