Author Topic: Kosherica Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico Pesach Program Shutdown Threatened  (Read 8528 times)

Offline Abey

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
We arrived yesterday at the Hyatt grand reserve and was surprised to find a kosher pesach program here.
How should I describe it ? The noise, the dirt (parents sit by the pool while counselors hand out ice cream) the place just looks and feels like a zoo not exactly the kind of vacation I signed up for...

But now I received this via WhatsApp “ Hyatt in Puerto Rico is threatening to shut down the entire Pesach program if people don't wear masks”

The mask compliance is non existent and while I’m not nervous for my personal safety (it’s all mostly outdoors) the chilul hashem is crazy.
We’ve also seen guests lash out at employees.

The whole thing just makes me sad, why some Jewish people can’t be respectful of others and their requirements when coming here, basic decency towards employees that work here they are not your slaves.
/rant 😢😢
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 05:08:47 PM by Dan »

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
We arrived yesterday at the Hyatt grand reserve and was surprised to find a kosher pesach program here.
How should I describe it ? The noise, the dirt (parents sit by the pool while counselors hand out ice cream) the place just looks and feels like a zoo not exactly the kind of vacation I signed up for...

But now I received this via WhatsApp “ Hyatt in Puerto Rico is threatening to shut down the entire Pesach program if people don't wear masks”

The mask compliance is non existent and while I’m not nervous for my personal safety (it’s all mostly outdoors) the chilul hashem is crazy.

The whole thing just makes me sad, why some Jewish people can’t be respectful of others and their requirements when coming here, basic decency towards employees that work here they are not your slaves.
/rant 😢😢
Let them all get kicked out for noncompliance and you can enjoy your vacation.

<ducks and runs>

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus

/rant 😢😢
Surprised that the program didn't book out the hotel.

Sadly, nothing here is surprising :(
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Abey

• View Profile
Re: Puerto Rico Master Thread
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 05:06:39 PM »
Let them all get kicked out for noncompliance and you can enjoy your vacation.

<ducks and runs>
Ha we secretly hoped that would happen, although authorities will probably shut the whole place down...
Surprised that the program didn't book out the hotel.

Sadly, nothing here is surprising :(
it’s a pretty big place 400+ rooms, its booked out now though...

It’s not the noise you’d expect that from any big crowd renting a place, it’s the pure entitlement of people that bothers me...

Offline mlomni

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Isn't Elan Kornblum from the great kosher restaurant foodies group staying with this program? You should talk to him about it.   

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: Puerto Rico Master Thread
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »
Ha we secretly hoped that would happen, although authorities will probably shut the whole place down...it’s a pretty big place 400+ rooms, its booked out now though...

It’s not the noise you’d expect that from any big crowd renting a place, it’s the pure entitlement of people that bothers me...
If you paid, what they paid, you might feel entitled too (Im guessing)

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
And here I thought that pesach program goers are more cautious about causing Aiva.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
If you paid, what they paid, you might feel entitled too (Im guessing)

Why does entitlement have to equal chazzerei?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Abey

• View Profile
Why does entitlement have to equal chazzerei?
Its not just that, we witnessed a women literally screaming at front desk because they didn’t have crib for her toddler, now I get it it’s frustrating (I have a toddler myself and no crib available) but there’s a way to speak to human beings!! In the end they somehow got more cribs at night.
An older fellow throwing candy in the koi pond.
I don’t want to go around badmouthing Yiden but this behavior honestly breaks my heart.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Its not just that, we witnessed a women literally screaming at front desk because they didn’t have crib for her toddler, now I get it it’s frustrating (I have a toddler myself and no crib available) but there’s a way to speak to human beings!! In the end they somehow got more cribs at night.
An older fellow throwing candy in the koi pond.
I don’t want to go around badmouthing Yiden but this behavior honestly breaks my heart.

This is just poor planning from the program planners. They could have asked their guests how many cribs would be needed and informed the hotel in advance.

I imagine not foreseeing every possibility, but cribs for babies are the basics.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
This is just poor planning from the program planners. They could have asked their guests how many cribs would be needed and informed the hotel in advance.

I imagine not foreseeing every possibility, but cribs for babies are the basics.
+1
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile

Do you know all the details? I don't either but if she was screaming she probably asked for it and expected to get it and was surprised when she didn't, and when you're in that situation its devastating, what do you with a baby you can't just put them in a cabinet and move on
["-"]

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Do you know all the details? I don't either but if she was screaming she probably asked for it and expected to get it and was surprised when she didn't, and when you're in that situation its devastating, what do you with a baby you can't just put them in a cabinet and move on

Erm. Read what he wrote again?

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I will tell you that I've been to a few hotels in PR over the past few months, and the mask policy is pretty strict in all of them.
They take it seriously in PR.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
Erm. Read what he wrote again?
I did still don't get your point, Asher points out that the program could've asked in advance how many cribs you need, I'm asking how do you know they didn't, I don't believe she would scream if she wouldn't expect a crib, am I missing something here?
["-"]

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I did still don't get your point, Asher points out that the program could've asked in advance how many cribs you need, I'm asking how do you know they didn't, I don't believe she would scream if she wouldn't expect a crib, am I missing something here?

I believe there are entitled people who would scream until someone brought them a crib whether they ordered/were promised one or not.

A single case of a mother screaming for a crib (while obnoxious and not the way to address the issue) does not make for what the OP described as a zoo. The zoo description is what I called a Chazzerei.

Offline JunkYardUnz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I will tell you that I've been to a few hotels in PR over the past few months, and the mask policy is pretty strict in all of them.
They take it seriously in PR.
My experience is that resorts take it seriously. Hotels don’t. The higher end the more serious they take it.

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
My experience is that resorts take it seriously. Hotels don’t. The higher end the more serious they take it.
Maybe I only go high end, lol.
I stayed in the Fairmont (hotel) over a dozen times this past year, and they were quite strict, even walking in the pool area.

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
This really strikes a chord with me. It’s so sad. I’ve seen this at a hotel I once stayed at on Shabbos Nachamu. Kids were dropping garbage down the main mezzanine onto the floor and into the pond. The staff were picking up garbage  the entire shabbos while the parents didn’t bat an eyelash. SMH. It’s so embarrassing and sad.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
I believe there are entitled people who would scream until someone brought them a crib whether they ordered/were promised one or not.

A single case of a mother screaming for a crib (while obnoxious and not the way to address the issue) does not make for what the OP described as a zoo. The zoo description is what I called a Chazzerei.
I hear, pesach programs have all kinds of people its sometimes interesting to watch.
["-"]