Author Topic: Kosherica Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico Pesach Program Shutdown Threatened  (Read 8652 times)

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Without having any idea of the specifics here, what bothers me is that there are apparently a few people on this thread that believe that a frum person SCREAMING at front desk personnel for any reason is acceptable behavior. I understand that a situation may be frustrating and people lose themselves but that is behavior that should be called out, not defended. Screaming (at your employees, your wife, your kids, your brother, your sister) is never an acceptable form of communication and certainly not in an environment where you will cause an unimaginable chilul Hashem.

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
what do you with a baby you can't just put them in a cabinet and move on

Well clearly you're not a Skverer ;D
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Without having any idea of the specifics here, what bothers me is that there are apparently a few people on this thread that believe that a frum person SCREAMING at front desk personnel for any reason is acceptable behavior. I understand that a situation may be frustrating and people lose themselves but that is behavior that should be called out, not defended. Screaming (at your employees, your wife, your kids, your brother, your sister) is never an acceptable form of communication and certainly not in an environment where you will cause an unimaginable chilul Hashem.
Indeed, that's not the norm in Chutz Laaretz

Offline Abey

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
I believe there are entitled people who would scream until someone brought them a crib whether they ordered/were promised one or not.

A single case of a mother screaming for a crib (while obnoxious and not the way to address the issue) does not make for what the OP described as a zoo. The zoo description is what I called a Chazzerei.
your right a single case is not indicative but that is 1 of a few stories we witnessed and is just the general vibe, yes there are nice people here as well but the group as a whole....

here’s a more accurate description of zoo: I know exactly what they are eating each meal because there’s food on floor everywhere, in the bushes, paths.

Almost no masks worn.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 01:37:01 AM by Abey »

Offline Abey

• View Profile
Do you know all the details? I don't either but if she was screaming she probably asked for it and expected to get it and was surprised when she didn't, and when you're in that situation its devastating, what do you with a baby you can't just put them in a cabinet and move on
i don’t and it doesn’t  really change anything, screaming at the front desk employee is unacceptable and unlikely to change anything, let her take it up with the program director.

I guess others who’ve seen these type of crowds are not shocked by this attitude but for me it was a big shocker

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
As seen at the park
["-"]

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
This has been an issue for me for many years. My response is to clean up as much as I can wherever I happen to be. I always tell my kids and students, you don't want people saying," Ugh! Jews were here." I was at an indoor play place today and I threw out lots of trash.

Offline fresar

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
It’s because we have so many kids, it is how it is.

Most kosher programs at hotels , the hotels know already the Jewish style behavior. It’s part of the business expense/ charge. 

you will see most programs are basically in the same few hotels.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

Most kosher programs at hotels , the hotels know already the Jewish style behavior.
This is such a sad statement
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile

Most kosher programs at hotels , the hotels know already the Jewish style behavior. It’s part of the business expense/ charge. 

you will see most programs are basically in the same few hotels.

If you took ~1000 non-jews of any race and put them in a hotel (or any confined space) for 8 days what do you think would happen?
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Most kosher programs at hotels , the hotels know already the Jewish style behavior.
And they despise it & it’s a massive chillul hashem.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
This has been an issue for me for many years. My response is to clean up as much as I can wherever I happen to be. I always tell my kids and students, you don't want people saying," Ugh! Jews were here." I was at an indoor play place today and I threw out lots of trash.
Good for you. You’re making a kiddush hashem.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
Lets not forget the siyum hashas, large crowd peaceful event no incidents.

Online Jellybelly

• View Profile
If you took ~1000 non-jews of any race and put them in a hotel (or any confined space) for 8 days what do you think would happen?
Add in that they pay an arm and a leg and therefore expect to be wined and dined.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped

If this was limited to Pesach programs where everyone is "confined" for 8 days, you could possibly think to ask that question. It's not. Not even close.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Abey

• View Profile
There’s a certain level of mess i would expect for a group this size with many kids, but as I mentioned counselor takes care of kids (1 per 15 kids) hands out ice cream in the pool parents sitting nearby don’t even raise their eyes from phone or conversations, what do you think the kids did ? Threw them all over the place etc etc I didn’t take pictures from all the mess but believe staff was running around on all four cleaning up,
Someone decided it was funny to let the ice machine run all the ice out on the grass outside.

Add in that they pay an arm and a leg and therefore expect to be wined and dined.
Yes that does not give anyone a reason to act like this, you can be respectful AND wined an dined. Although as I said the mentality of many program participants seems “ I own the world, all are here to serve me.

People here can try to excuse this behavior I don’t see why so hell bent on doing so....One of the things I haven’t seen anyone trying to defend yet was the almost nonexistent masks which in itself was a huge chilul hashem.

I do want to stress that not ALL were like this, there were a few people that I spoke to who honestly seemed very nice and respectful (not surprisingly they were masked).

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 10:37:19 AM by Abey »

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
Why no masks? Because they're immune
["-"]

Offline Abey

• View Profile
Yes so let’s stage a protest for the world to see in front NIH & Dr.Fauci 🙄 They are coming here to an island with limited health resources the locals trying their best to mitigate COVID by wearing masks, yes I feel completely safe because it’s outdoors but this is their rules !!! How do you think a bellman feels seeing the rich Jews showing up with complete disregard for his/her safety?? 
If you don’t want to wear a mask stay home. The public consensus is to wear a mask I don’t t see what SO hard to wear one and prevent chilul hashem?

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
Immune to rules and aivah too?

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
Do you were a reckel/suit when you hike? Those not wearing masks can't understand why you don't
["-"]