Author Topic: Kosherica Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico Pesach Program Shutdown Threatened  (Read 8525 times)

Offline Abey

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Do you were a reckel/suit when you hike? Those not wearing masks can't understand why you don't
ye I’m not going down this rabbit hole with y’all if you can’t understand the difference between making others feel in danger.Peace out.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Do you were a reckel/suit when you hike? Those not wearing masks can't understand why you don't

BS
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Why no masks? Because they're immune to common decency
FTFY

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
ye I’m not going down this rabbit hole with y’all if you can’t understand the difference between making others feel in danger.Peace out.
I’m not defending it, but if you want to understand it, many are taught that antisemitism is inherent, all the goyim want to kill and destroy all the Jews, and since it’s already as bad as it can possibly get, nothing we do can make it worse, so there is no reason to bother.

Aside from it being both empirically untrue and contrary to halachos of Aivah that are doche shabbos, it also ignores the concept of Chilul Hashem, which the Gemara and Poskim explicitly say applies even if it’s only a result of Goyim incorrectly assuming Jews are acting inappropriately.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline TimT

• View Profile
many are taught that antisemitism is inherent, all the goyim want to kill and destroy all the Jews, and since it’s already as bad as it can possibly get, nothing we do can make it worse, so there is no reason to bother.
I disagree with this. Nobody is taught that since they want to destroy us anyways let’s act like pigs.
the goyim want to kill and destroy all the Jews
שבכל דור ודור עומדים עלינו לכלותינו :)

Offline MoYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I’m not defending it, but if you want to understand it, many are taught that antisemitism is inherent, all the goyim want to kill and destroy all the Jews, and since it’s already as bad as it can possibly get, nothing we do can make it worse, so there is no reason to bother.
I done believe that anyone is taught that. There are certain parts of our community who teach of "ga'avah d'kedusha' from a young age which could possibly lead to a sense of "im better than you" and disregard for others feelings of which chilul hashem sometimes is a bi-product.

Im not justifying anything, i think it still is not acceptable to act with disregard for others, and there are no Rabbonim/Roshei Yeshiva/Rebbes who act that way even though they surely have a sense of ga'avah d'kedusha. I just think it comes from a different place. Also i am not chassidish but i believe they are taught to disassociate themselves from the outside world, so its not a big jump to say that that would lead to... disassociation. Again not justifying it
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 11:59:29 AM by MoYS »

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
While others say haram whenever they're not pleased
["-"]

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
If you took ~1000 non-jews of any race and put them in a hotel (or any confined space) for 8 days what do you think would happen?
There would be different issues. Go check any convention after the happy hour.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Abey

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
I done believe that anyone is taught that. There are certain parts of our community who teach of "ga'avah d'kedusha' from a young age which could possibly lead to a sense of "im better than you" and disregard for others feelings of which chilul hashem sometimes is a bi-product.

Im not justifying anything, i think it still is not acceptable to act with disregard for others, and there are no Rabbonim/Roshei Yeshiva/Rebbes who act that way even though they surely have a sense of ga'avah d'kedusha. I just think it comes from a different place. Also i am not chassidish but i believe they are taught to disassociate themselves from the outside world, so its not a big jump to say that that would lead to... disassociation. Again not justifying it
Agree. Crowd was ModOx Sephardi mostly,  somehow in my head I expected these types to more careful in these things.

Jewish people have throughout the ages tried to beat the system, be an oiberchuchem we need it for survival “eisav sona le’yakov” we were excluded from opportunities etc and to grow prosperous in a new land, but there is an important distinction to respect and promote civility when we are in galus.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
There's a reason FAs dread working on TLV flights.
Practical derech eretz is not something that's properly taught.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
I am not chassidish but i believe they are taught to disassociate themselves from the outside world
1)Then what are they doing in Puerto Rico or Seaworld ?
2) disassociate doesn’t mean chazzerei

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent

You're mixing up talking points. The communities this line of reasoned "academic" bigotry is used for are by and large not the ones throwing wrappers on the floor at 5 star resort Pesach programs.

Offline EliJelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Nothing. They aren't there

Offline TimT

• View Profile
Nothing. They aren't there
Chasidim weren’t by seaworld ? Must’ve been photoshopped

Offline EliJelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Chasidim weren’t by seaworld ? Must’ve been photoshopped
Referring to PR where OP is witnessing the incidents. And I'd venture to say that even the ones in SeaWorld don't pride themselves in being taught "Gaava D'kdusha and disassociation".

Offline MoYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
2) disassociate doesn’t mean chazzerei
Again not justifying it
Of course not, its misguided. The entire point of my post was just to say where it comes from, that its not because they are taught that goyim hate us rather from what i said above (in my humble opinion)

And I'd venture to say that even the ones in SeaWorld don't pride themselves in being taught "Gaava D'kdusha and disassociation".
:) Indeed they are not living by those ideals by a long stretch but i think that is still the overall mentality of why they act the way they do, its part of their lifestyle that seemingly has been corrupted

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
But now I received this via WhatsApp “ Hyatt in Puerto Rico is threatening to shut down the entire Pesach program if people don't wear masks”

The mask compliance is non existent and while I’m not nervous for my personal safety (it’s all mostly outdoors) the chilul hashem is crazy.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/puerto-rico-100-fines-tourists-refuse-masks

It's not just Jews, but that doesn't really make it any better. And it definitely doesn't excuse any of the other misbehavior.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
There's a reason FAs dread working on TLV flights.
Practical derech eretz is not something that's properly taught.

is that a fact that fa do not like to work the ta routes

and if yes is it possible it's because that the frum travel with so many packages ( hatboxes ,food etc.) so the whole boarding etc. is complicated

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
is that a fact that fa do not like to work the ta routes

and if yes is it possible it's because that the frum travel with so many packages ( hatboxes ,food etc.) so the whole boarding etc. is complicated
It's well known and talked about on FA forums. DEL and TLV are 2 flights that many FAs avoid at all costs.
It's not just so many packages...it's the whole package.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Time for a DDMS Mussar post? Or is that too much for you to take on? 🐵