Author Topic: Is Hyperinflation On The Horizon?  (Read 152618 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Is Hyperinflation On The Horizon?
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2021, 10:36:47 PM »
That's false. And if you want to say that, you'd better bring a source.
No I am done playing your little games. You can go to IL UI site and go through the forms yourself.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2021, 10:37:47 PM »
No I am done playing your little games. You can go to IL UI site and go through the forms yourself.

MY games? PUOSU.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2021, 10:42:59 PM »
MY games? PUOSU.
“If you’re an employer and you offer to bring your employee back to work and they decide not to, that’s a voluntary quit,” Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds said in April. “Therefore, they would not be eligible for the unemployment money.”

Have a good night I am done with you.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2021, 10:46:22 PM »
“If you’re an employer and you offer to bring your employee back to work and they decide not to, that’s a voluntary quit,” Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds said in April. “Therefore, they would not be eligible for the unemployment money.”

Yea, that's Iowa, not Illinois, and as I mentioned upthread, some states are changing their rules to counteract the effects of the previous rules incentivizing people to not work, causing labor shortages. That doesn't change any part of this conversation.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2021, 10:50:19 PM »
Yea, that's Iowa, not Illinois, and as I mentioned upthread, some states are changing their rules to counteract the effects of the previous rules incentivizing people to not work, causing labor shortages. That doesn't change any part of this conversation.
It backs up what I said. I am not going to go through the application process to prove something again.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2021, 10:50:57 PM »

Which is why dates would also be a factor. A quote like that dated six months after the $600/week was enacted doesn’t mean anything.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2021, 10:55:11 PM »
It backs up what I said. I am not going to go through the application process to prove something again.

Go through the application process NOW? As in a new UI claim? What the heck does that have to do with anything?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2021, 10:55:40 PM »
For IL:
Can an employee refuse to go to work if they feel at risk for contracting COVID-19?
There is currently no state or federal law that provides job protection to a healthy employee who refuses to work out of fear of contracting COVID-19. However, employees may be entitled to use vacation or other paid time off in accordance with their employer’s established leave program. Under the federal Occupation Safety and Health Act of 1970, employees who believe they are in imminent danger may refuse to work if certain conditions are met. Employees at higher risk for severe COVID-19 complications can request a reasonable accommodation, as outlined in questions 3 through 6 in the questions related to Civil Rights protections below.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2021, 11:01:02 PM »

Sorry, man, I just looked up the article you took this from. Talk about some cut and paste BS. Here's the full article from Jan 22, 2021, quoting something the Gov of IA said at the very beginning of the pandemic before PUA or most Fed guidance was issued: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/22/biden-wants-to-end-confusion-over-when-unemployed-workers-can-refuse-a-job.html

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2021, 11:01:34 PM »
For IL:
Can an employee refuse to go to work if they feel at risk for contracting COVID-19?
There is currently no state or federal law that provides job protection to a healthy employee who refuses to work out of fear of contracting COVID-19. However, employees may be entitled to use vacation or other paid time off in accordance with their employer’s established leave program. Under the federal Occupation Safety and Health Act of 1970, employees who believe they are in imminent danger may refuse to work if certain conditions are met. Employees at higher risk for severe COVID-19 complications can request a reasonable accommodation, as outlined in questions 3 through 6 in the questions related to Civil Rights protections below.
Go through the application process NOW? As in a new UI claim? What the heck does that have to do with anything?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2021, 09:29:10 AM »
Are wages going up because of this?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/us-economy-adds-559000-jobs-in-may-as-the-recovery-shows-signs-of-strength/ar-AAKHOqt?li=BBnb7Kz
"Wages continued to rise, a reflection of what many employers say is a surprisingly tight jobs market, increasing an average of 15 cents per hour to $30.33, following an increase of 21 cents in April."

"U.S. economy adds 559,000 jobs in May, as the recovery shows signs of strength"
I guess they didn't get the memo the government is paying you to not work.  :)

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2021, 09:39:34 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/us-economy-adds-559000-jobs-in-may-as-the-recovery-shows-signs-of-strength/ar-AAKHOqt?li=BBnb7Kz
"Wages continued to rise, a reflection of what many employers say is a surprisingly tight jobs market, increasing an average of 15 cents per hour to $30.33, following an increase of 21 cents in April."

"U.S. economy adds 559,000 jobs in May, as the recovery shows signs of strength"
Nice spin.

The total number of jobs added in April and May is less than the number expected for April alone. For the current situation, job growth is exceptionally slow.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2021, 09:51:33 AM »

And I wouldn't be surprised to hear if most of the wage increases are coming from the food and hospitality services sector, where employers are in competition with deep pocket Uncle Sam.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2021, 09:51:59 AM »

You didn't actually read the article, did you...

The U.S. economy added 559,000 jobs in May... In schools, employment rose by 144,000 as in-person learning resumed... Wages continued to rise... following an increase of 21 cents in April.... The strong May report comes on the heels of a disappointing month in April, when the economy added 278,000 [jobs]... The country still has more than 7.5 million less people employed than it did in February 2020.

25% of the jobs added were teachers going back to schools. They don't really have a choice. In May, about 400k people out of 9.8 million on UI decided it was worth it for them to go back to work. Those who have gone back are being offered more money, as evidenced by the rising average wage. This article illustrates everything we've been saying.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2021, 10:06:23 AM »
Nice spin.

The total number of jobs added in April and May is less than the number expected for April alone. For the current situation, job growth is exceptionally slow.
All I did is quote from the article.
If I expect a 20% return on my money and only get 18% is that a bad thing? Now that would be spin.  :)

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2021, 10:07:21 AM »
25% of the jobs added were teachers going back to schools. They don't really have a choice. In May, about 400k people out of 9.8 million on UI decided it was worth it for them to go back to work. Those who have gone back are being offered more money, as evidenced by the rising average wage. This article illustrates everything we've been saying.
Nice spin.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2021, 10:11:36 AM »
All I did is quote from the article.
If I expect a 20% return on my money and only get 18% is that a bad thing? Now that would be spin.  :)
More like if you expected a 20% return and instead you got 2%. Yea, that's pretty bad, especially when you're directly responsible for the abysmal performance.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2021, 10:13:14 AM »
And I wouldn't be surprised to hear if most of the wage increases are coming from the food and hospitality services sector, where employers are in competition with deep pocket Uncle Sam.
That is mostly union jobs, no? Wages are negotiated and UI will have not effect on those negotiations.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2021, 10:14:15 AM »
More like if you expected a 20% return and instead you got 2%. Yea, that's pretty bad, especially when you're directly responsible for the abysmal performance.
See now that is your spin on it. Odd how one looks at spin.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2021, 10:14:48 AM »
That is mostly union jobs, no? Wages are negotiated and UI will have not effect on those negotiations.

No, the teachers are union. The restaurants are mostly not.