Author Topic: Air Serbia $275 NYC-TLV  (Read 23260 times)

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Air Serbia $275 NYC-TLV
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2020, 04:53:32 PM »
just got my full refund, thanx @steve2 for youre instructions, and everyone else for their input
Glad to hear you had a successful conclusion to this journey  :-\ (albeit a different journey than we all were expecting!)

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2020, 05:51:34 PM »
Yes

I know I said I wouldnt post again but I hope what I post can help some of you get a Refund

Air Serbia tkts, the 1st thing is to check your original confirmation email from Chase (or whomever) see if it has the tkt# listed, if it doesnt call the OTA used and ask them for it

If the tkt# starts with 067 then its an EY(Etihad tkt and youre in luck) if it doesnt good luck

if your tkt is an 067 tkt, dont call, write complain to DOT about Air Serbia they have nothing to do with you and owe you Nothing, DO file with DOT against Chase and EY! if like others Ive helped at no time did Chase make known that in fact they were selling you a code-share flight include that to DOT as well.

Once you file it will take time to 1st get a DOT confirmation and apx 2 days later you will hear from both Chase and EY, EY will send you another email a few days later or week that they werent able to find your tkt are you sure it was booked with them. Reply with the tkt# from your 1st Chase email when you booked or that Chase told you the # was. EY will find it

Apx 1 month will go by from when you 1st hear from EY till you get your Refund, at least thats how it went down , unless they are used to the Air Serbia TLV flights and  work faster knowing they will Refund them anyways. Once Chase gets the AR/ARC from EY = they got their $$$ back then they will Refund your pts or pts & $s. In some cases Chase got the email from EY with all the needed info and Refund but didnt act on it on their side so once EY says they will take care of it you will have to call Chase again and ask them to go thru their notes and tell them EY claims they sent you the AR/ARC for a full refund and the Chase rep will find it and process it as you are on the line

At NO time tell DOT or EY that you want your UR pts, its NOT important, according to both EY & DOT a CC was used to pay for the tkt! dont drag UR pts into it as theres no way for EY to refund UR pts and you will simply confuse everyone!!!

Now as long as EY keeps flying into the US you have  a great chance of getting the Refund, if you werent tkted on EY stock bear in mind that Air Serbia is still not flying into the US and thusly under no pressure to refund anything even thou DOTs rules supercedes theirs. Your best bet after everything else fails is to get Air Serbia to extend your tkt till such time as they restart flying to NY or you can somehow make use of the funds for a tkt on them

I only hope this info helps as many get Refunded as possible (my plan is to go silent once again so I wont be responding to any posts made or PMs sent on this site , should you send a PM and include your email address I will respond regarding Air Serbia tkts only)

Hope I havent left anything out a Gutten Shabbos to one and all. Stay Healthy and Safe

Can anyone advise- am I supposed to file a SEPARATE DoT complaint against Etihad and Chase? Or just select Etihad as the airline and then mention Chase in the actual complaint? Or just file one against each separately? TIA!

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2020, 05:54:25 PM »
Can anyone advise- am I supposed to file a SEPARATE DoT complaint against Etihad and Chase? Or just select Etihad as the airline and then mention Chase in the actual complaint? Or just file one against each separately? TIA!
originally i did one. but after the advice posted here i did 3 separate complaints, and somehow together it worked

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2020, 05:59:04 PM »
originally i did one. but after the advice posted here i did 3 separate complaints, and somehow together it worked
One for Chase, 2nd Etihad. Who's the third??

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2020, 06:08:34 PM »
One for Chase, 2nd Etihad. Who's the third??
air serbia

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2020, 07:13:02 PM »
Glad to hear you had a successful conclusion to this journey  :-\ (albeit a different journey than we all were expecting!)

Personally we filed 1 Complaint and listed just Chase since they were the TA and Etihad since they were the ones who issued the tkt and would be the party that has to do the Refunding.

Air Serbia was only the carrier you have flown, they have Absolutely nothing to do with getting a Refund issued.(side issue had you flown and a suit case was lost or damaged you would have filed against Air Serbia and not Etihad since you never flew on Etihad)

seems m65 did 3 separate complaints I wouldnt since its better if theres just 1 complaint # that has to be referenced , by having just 1 when each party replys to DOT it all goes into the same file and DOT can see what happening very easy. Different #s then DOT has to keep track of each and go back and forth to compare notes if need be, make it easier for them. m65 can answer if the same agent of DOT was working on all 3 complaints, I wouldnt want 3 different agents working on it

Make sure you mention that JU, Air Serbia CXed your flight and put in the flight #s and do mention that Chase sold you a code share flight w/o ever mentioning that they were selling you an Etihad tkt while you werent going to be on a single Etihad flight, something they were suppose to have made known simply looking at the flights even before purchasing, a Big NoNo according to DOT

I would not put in a complaint against Air Serbia, since they didnt issue the tkt nor sell it to you.Refund wise they arent involved whatsoever

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2020, 07:35:57 PM »
Personally we filed 1 Complaint and listed just Chase since they were the TA and Etihad since they were the ones who issued the tkt and would be the party that has to do the Refunding.

Air Serbia was only the carrier you have flown, they have Absolutely nothing to do with getting a Refund issued.(side issue had you flown and a suit case was lost or damaged you would have filed against Air Serbia and not Etihad since you never flew on Etihad)

seems m65 did 3 separate complaints I wouldnt since its better if theres just 1 complaint # that has to be referenced , by having just 1 when each party replys to DOT it all goes into the same file and DOT can see what happening very easy. Different #s then DOT has to keep track of each and go back and forth to compare notes if need be, make it easier for them. m65 can answer if the same agent of DOT was working on all 3 complaints, I wouldnt want 3 different agents working on it

Make sure you mention that JU, Air Serbia CXed your flight and put in the flight #s and do mention that Chase sold you a code share flight w/o ever mentioning that they were selling you an Etihad tkt while you werent going to be on a single Etihad flight, something they were suppose to have made known simply looking at the flights even before purchasing, a Big NoNo according to DOT

I would not put in a complaint against Air Serbia, since they didnt issue the tkt nor sell it to you.Refund wise they arent involved whatsoever

Thanks @steve2 ! Hey; you're supposed to be off the airwaves  ;) but IDK why you'd want to do that anyway- every time you drop in, you drop gems of info :)

Offline danthecan

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2020, 09:23:59 PM »
For what's it worth, I booked tickets for my parents through Trip.com and for my family through Chase.  I waited for flights to be cancelled; I did not cancel my tickets.  I submitted a refund request to Trip.com on May 8.  I received the refund around August 10.  I didn't file a complaint with DoT or do a chargeback.  Between May 8 and August 10 I placed one call to Trip.com.  They told me to continue waiting.  I don't think the call had any role in receiving the refund.

My families' tickets were supposed to be on May 11 (Lag B'Omer).  Twice I called up Etihad and asked for open tickets that would be good until the end of 2021, but didn't get anywhere.  I finally requested a refund from Chase on August 3rd.  It was very painful requesting the refund - to give back such a good metzia!  But it is the safer option.  Who knows when Israel's borders will be open again.  Who knows if Air Serbia will be in business or flying to Tel Aviv in a year.  Who knows if people will be travelling on vacations even if borders are open.  And who knows if my growing family will be in a position to fly next year.  I haven't received the refund yet, but I am not especially concerned.  The Chase rep reviewed Etihad's terms and conditions and told me I am entitled to receive a refund and I have received a couple of follow-up emails from Chase that they are still working on obtaining the refund.

If Etihad announces that they are starting service to Israel and I haven't received my refund yet, perhaps I'll give it another try calling them to see if I can get open tickets on them.  That would be sweet.  Dan - do you think there is any chance of that happening?

Offline 1234567

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2020, 02:28:49 PM »
Got my money back!

Spent a very long time on the phone with Etihad about three months ago, followed by a (relatively) quick call with Chase. They said that they would coordinate and that it would take ~10 weeks.

In the interim, we received a few follow-up emails from Chase stating that they were working on it.

Logged in to my Chase account today, and lo and behold, both the money and points and been credited to my account.

5781!

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2020, 03:16:12 PM »
Got my money back!

Spent a very long time on the phone with Etihad about three months ago, followed by a (relatively) quick call with Chase. They said that they would coordinate and that it would take ~10 weeks.

In the interim, we received a few follow-up emails from Chase stating that they were working on it.

Logged in to my Chase account today, and lo and behold, both the money and points and been credited to my account.

5781!

I'm still waiting. Spoke with Chase twice, who said they put in two separate refund requests. Filed a DoT complaint against both Chase Travel and Etihad. Since filing the complaint, I received 3-4 e-mails from Chase saying they're working on it but it can take up to 12 weeks.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2020, 03:33:05 PM »
I'm still waiting. Spoke with Chase twice, who said they put in two separate refund requests. Filed a DoT complaint against both Chase Travel and Etihad. Since filing the complaint, I received 3-4 e-mails from Chase saying they're working on it but it can take up to 12 weeks.
Try Etihad CS email @  feedback@etihad.ae
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2020, 04:20:22 PM »
Try Etihad CS email @  feedback@etihad.ae
You don't think it's just a drain on my time? Once I filed a complaint and put in requests via Chase, may as well wait? Idk....

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2020, 04:21:56 PM »
You don't think it's just a drain on my time? Once I filed a complaint and put in requests via Chase, may as well wait? Idk....
A DOT  complaint against Air Serbia will most likely produce no results, try a complaint against Etihad as I believe a lot of these tickets were on their ticket stock.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2020, 04:27:09 PM »
A DOT  complaint against Air Serbia will most likely produce no results, try a complaint against Etihad as I believe a lot of these tickets were on their ticket stock.
Correct. I filed against Etihad and Chase Travel, not Air Serbia.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2020, 04:32:39 PM »
Correct. I filed against Etihad and Chase Travel, not Air Serbia.
Let us know the outcome, please.

Offline farvus nisht?

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2021, 07:15:29 PM »
I filed a claim with the DOT this week for my air serbia tickets, 1 claim against chase and Etihad, I got my refund within a week.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2021, 09:46:16 PM »
Let us know the outcome, please.

I see I forgot to update here. I got my refunds long ago, after filing with DOT. Thanks all!