Author Topic: United Quest Card  (Read 16293 times)

Offline yuds70

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: United Quest Card
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2022, 12:55:04 PM »

but my return flight my wife and I each had 9 free bags!!

I'm curious how this happened, I flew LAX-LIH and also had 9 free bags

Either it had to do with the fact I called in 24 hours before the flight, and told them I didn't use my UA explorer card ( not Quest) for taxes on the award ticket, so I wasn't getting free bags, and they went ahead and redid the booking on the correct card (they manually adjusted the new booking to the old mileage amount since the flight now cost more)

So perhaps the manual ticketing process screwed up the baggage allowance in my favor

Or

The flight was possibly so empty, they were encouraging people to check their bags for weight distribution?

Anyone have insight how this happened?
Make stuff happen.

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2022, 12:38:38 AM »
If I use the $125 United credit in the first 30 days after AF hits and then cancel the account is that a red flag for Chase?

Not worth it for $125 if there's any risk...

Bump. Any opinions on this?

Offline EliyahuF

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2022, 02:39:12 PM »
I recently added 2 friends as AU to my quest card this way they can have the free baggage benefits. I listed them as the same home address as me to avoid problems. Can this raise a red flag?

Offline Joeymc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2022, 05:57:27 PM »
I recently added 2 friends as AU to my quest card this way they can have the free baggage benefits.
do AU's receive baggage benefits?
120 characters? Hmm, I wonder what I could write with 64 characters. Boy, it's gonna be hard to use up 15 characters. W-

Offline EliyahuF

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2022, 06:55:29 PM »
do AU's receive baggage benefits?
Thanks for pointing that out.

"Free Checked Bags: The primary Cardmember and one traveling companion on the same reservation are each eligible to receive their first and second standard checked bags free; authorized users are only eligible if they are on the same reservation as the primary Cardmember."

A chase rep told me so but I guess I should have Googled it as well  :)

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2022, 06:22:19 PM »
I dont see the 5,000 miles back for reward booking under Quests benefits. Was it taken away or it's hidden somehwhere? Its possible that I might be looking in the wrong place. Thanks.

Offline ffam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2022, 06:36:38 PM »
I dont see the 5,000 miles back for reward booking under Quests benefits. Was it taken away or it's hidden somehwhere? Its possible that I might be looking in the wrong place. Thanks.

https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/united/united-quest-card/earn-rewards

Just know the rules...

Anniversary Award Flight Credit: Two (2) 5,000-mile award flight credits for future application to your account after completing an eligible award flight, will be deposited into the primary Cardmember’s MileagePlus Program account within 4 weeks after each Cardmember anniversary (“Anniversary” is the date that is twelve months after credit card account open date, and the same date each twelve months thereafter). Award flight credits have no mile value until applied. An award flight credit (one per reservation) will be automatically applied, and 5,000 miles will be added to the primary Cardmember’s MileagePlus account, within 2 weeks after fully completing an eligible award flight. Award tickets booked that include at least one (1) United- or United Express-operated flight fully flown and completed and include the primary Cardmember on the reservation, qualify as an eligible award flight. Unused award flight credits may not be combined, transferred, extended beyond expiration date, or re-credited for miles. Each unused award flight credit will expire 12 months after date of issue. To qualify to receive the award flight credits, your account must be open and not in default on your account Anniversary. If your credit card account is closed at any time, United and Chase reserve the right to remove the unused award flight credits from your MileagePlus Program account. Flights purchases with Money + Miles do not qualify for a 5,000-mile award flight credit. Offer and award flight credit rules and regulations are subject to change. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2022, 07:05:10 PM »
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/united/united-quest-card/earn-rewards

Just know the rules...

Anniversary Award Flight Credit: Two (2) 5,000-mile award flight credits for future application to your account after completing an eligible award flight, will be deposited into the primary Cardmember’s MileagePlus Program account within 4 weeks after each Cardmember anniversary (“Anniversary” is the date that is twelve months after credit card account open date, and the same date each twelve months thereafter). Award flight credits have no mile value until applied. An award flight credit (one per reservation) will be automatically applied, and 5,000 miles will be added to the primary Cardmember’s MileagePlus account, within 2 weeks after fully completing an eligible award flight. Award tickets booked that include at least one (1) United- or United Express-operated flight fully flown and completed and include the primary Cardmember on the reservation, qualify as an eligible award flight. Unused award flight credits may not be combined, transferred, extended beyond expiration date, or re-credited for miles. Each unused award flight credit will expire 12 months after date of issue. To qualify to receive the award flight credits, your account must be open and not in default on your account Anniversary. If your credit card account is closed at any time, United and Chase reserve the right to remove the unused award flight credits from your MileagePlus Program account. Flights purchases with Money + Miles do not qualify for a 5,000-mile award flight credit. Offer and award flight credit rules and regulations are subject to change. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment.

Thanks a lot! I knew I must be missing the very obvious, but glad that I asked :)

Offline asks

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2023, 11:46:56 PM »
Can you use travel bank funds and just pay remainder with Quest CC to receive the 2nd luggage benefit? (similar question for using United miles or Chase UR for award travel and paying just taxes with Quest card)

Offline StoreLeor

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2023, 09:26:18 PM »
I booked a United flight using a non-quest card, and want to try and get the free bag benefit somehow.
If I pay for a seat upgrade using my Quest card will that trigger the free bags benefit?

Offline aishel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2023, 04:09:50 PM »
Planning a trip (likely to Puerto Rico) with United, as I have a $1000 travel voucher from getting bumped on a recent flight. Does the United Quest CC offer similar travel protections to the Chase Sapphire Reserve? Looks like my trip will be within the lower reimbursement levels of the Quest card, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something. Is it worth using one over the other to help cover the difference in airfare? Should I not bother buying the travel insurance via United? Trip would be end of November, which is the end of hurricane season if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Offline aishel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2023, 11:22:13 AM »
Have you always been able to get TSA pre-check with just points? Got this email today.

Offline eli1571

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2023, 08:01:12 AM »
booked round trip tickets with the quest card, when checking my baggage allowance on united.com it shows 4 bags included by me and 4 for DW, Does that mean 4 each way per person (instead of only 2 free) or its 2 each way so 4 together ?

Offline monsey yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2023, 08:44:14 PM »
My United quest card statement generated on 9/20 and didn’t get the points yet, my United business card statement generated 9/24 and I have the points already, any ideas what it means?
If you like my post give me a like!

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2024, 06:24:43 PM »
Does the Quest card allow for one carry-on baggage on a basic economy ticket? I know, it allows for two checked baggage, but can't find anything related to carry on. I booked a ticket using Quest, and confirmation email showed that I can check-in two bags, but there was no mention of carry-on. Today, I received another email that I can bring a full-sized carry-on bag and a personal item on board (and this email had no mention of checked baggage).

There are 3 passengers on the reservation, including me, the Quest card holder. I see that I can check-in a total of 4 bags (2 bags for 2 travelers). If the carry-on bag is allowed, is it also for 2 passengers or all 3 on the reservation? I have looked on Quest card benefits, but I dont see any mention of carry-on bag benefit, but I do see the check-bag benefit listed. Is there a link somewhere that I can show to the gate agent for carry on bag? I dont have any status with United, other than having a United Quest card.

Thanks.

Offline st1575

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2024, 09:01:51 PM »
Does the Quest card allow for one carry-on baggage on a basic economy ticket? I know, it allows for two checked baggage, but can't find anything related to carry on. I booked a ticket using Quest, and confirmation email showed that I can check-in two bags, but there was no mention of carry-on. Today, I received another email that I can bring a full-sized carry-on bag and a personal item on board (and this email had no mention of checked baggage).

There are 3 passengers on the reservation, including me, the Quest card holder. I see that I can check-in a total of 4 bags (2 bags for 2 travelers). If the carry-on bag is allowed, is it also for 2 passengers or all 3 on the reservation? I have looked on Quest card benefits, but I dont see any mention of carry-on bag benefit, but I do see the check-bag benefit listed. Is there a link somewhere that I can show to the gate agent for carry on bag? I dont have any status with United, other than having a United Quest card.

United has provided the answer on its Basic Economy page:

For MileagePlus Premier members or cardholders

You get one free carry-on if you’re a MileagePlus member with Premier status, traveling with a Premier member, or are the primary card member of a qualifying MileagePlus credit card or a Star Alliance Gold member.

I have edited a bit for clarity based on the info you provided in your post. It looks like the emails are accurate.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2024, 09:22:56 PM »
Cardholders and all companions get free carryons.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2024, 10:13:26 AM »
United has provided the answer on its Basic Economy page:

I have edited a bit for clarity based on the info you provided in your post. It looks like the emails are accurate.

Thanks for the link and the clarifying. The emails only mentioned the carry-on for the primary cardholder, that's me, and not for other travelers.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2024, 10:18:45 AM »
Cardholders and all companions get free carryons.

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply. I know you are right, but I dont see anywhere that the companions get free carryons too. United email only mentions for the cardmember, and I have chatted and called with United and getting conflicting info, chat agent said that cardholder and one other traveler is allowed carryon, while the phone agent mentioned only the cardholder...and that too after I told the agent that I was told otherwise by the chat agent, and then the agent said, oh yeah,you can bring only one carryon for yourself but not for the others. It is so confusing...why can't United make it easy. Hope you can use your power to tell United to get this thing in writing so there's no confusion.

Thanks for your reply.

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2024, 11:32:50 AM »
Can you get bonus on Quest if you have an open Explorer?

If I book a flight with explorer and then open a quest and cancel explorer, will I get the new bag benefit?