Author Topic: United Quest Card  (Read 16077 times)

Offline sruly101

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: United Quest Card
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2021, 04:55:15 PM »
Hi,

Thanks much for this info

Offline rsm1444

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2021, 01:30:24 AM »
Does anyone know if i make reservation with Chase UR and partially pay using United quest Card. Do i still get the benefits of United quest Card.

Offline rsm1444

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2021, 03:31:14 AM »
Does anyone know if i make reservation with Chase UR and partially pay using United quest Card. Do i still get the benefits of United quest Card.

I paid the reservation with miles and paid the fees with quest credit card. For 4 ppl reservation, I got 4 bags.

Offline nucheiner

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2021, 05:31:41 PM »
I paid the reservation with miles and paid the fees with quest credit card. For 4 ppl reservation, I got 4 bags.
Question was regarding a UR booking.
Answer speaks to united mileage reservations.

Alas I present a DP that using a United cc on a lifemiles booking will get the cardholder baggage. I suspect that no card info os sent from lifemiles to united and that any cardholder would get baggage regardless of payment type, but can’t confirm.

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2022, 09:33:06 AM »
My one year anniversary is coming up in April. How should I take advantage of $125 annual travel credit? I dont have any travel plans yet, but might travel later in the year. Thanks.

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2022, 10:22:32 AM »
My one year anniversary is coming up in April. How should I take advantage of $125 annual travel credit? I dont have any travel plans yet, but might travel later in the year. Thanks.
Travel bank

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2022, 10:48:34 AM »
Travel bank

So, just add minimum of $125 funds to travel bank, or should I add more than 125? And, then when I want to boom a flight on United, I will be able to use these funds?

Is there a timeline within which I have to use the travel bank funds?

And, this is the correct link for travel bank (https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash)? Just want to make sure that I am not making a mistake :)

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2022, 11:35:44 AM »
So, just add minimum of $125 funds to travel bank, or should I add more than 125? And, then when I want to boom a flight on United, I will be able to use these funds?

Is there a timeline within which I have to use the travel bank funds?

And, this is the correct link for travel bank (https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash)? Just want to make sure that I am not making a mistake :)

once purchased the value remains valid for five years from the date it is deposited in your TravelBank account

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2022, 12:44:27 PM »
once purchased the value remains valid for five years from the date it is deposited in your TravelBank account

Perfect! Thanks.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2022, 01:00:06 PM »
Another question, I only see option to add $50/100/250... I dont want to add $250. Can I do 2-transactions, one for 50 and other for 100, and still get full $125 credit?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2022, 01:11:03 PM »
Another question, I only see option to add $50/100/250... I dont want to add $250. Can I do 2-transactions, one for 50 and other for 100, and still get full $125 credit?
Yes
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline loveddeals

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2022, 05:30:12 PM »

Offline Aps

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2022, 10:56:20 PM »
Anyone else have any recent DP's about paying for a flight with a different card- if you still got the free bags?

I just booked united tickets-and they offer you the quest card as your making booking and they tell you that the card gets you free bags, but I didnt sign up for it because I did not want to wait nay more to book my flights. It's a little tricky that they do that to you-offer you a card as you are booking tickets when the card wont even help you for the flight you are currently booking.

Offline Aps

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2022, 09:53:21 PM »
Anyone have data points for someone who has the quest card but paid for the ticket with a different card? Di you get free suitcases?

The phone rep told me the gate agent can give me the benefits of the quest card at the airport but its at their discretion.

Offline Mordechai123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2022, 07:08:09 AM »
It states on the website under the quest card:
Free first and second checked bags – a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip
The primary Cardmember and one companion traveling on the same reservation will each receive their first and second standard checked bags free (up to $35 value for the first checked bag and up to $45 value for the second checked bag, each way, per person) on United-operated flights when the primary Cardmember includes their United MileagePlus® number in their reservation and purchases their tickets from United with their card.* Same page link to Offer Details For complete details, please visit united.com/ChaseBag Opens Overlay .

Offline Aps

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2022, 09:51:16 PM »
I booked a United flight with a different card and now I signed up for United Quest this week and got my card, so far, I dont see any free bags on my flight
I want to test it out- Can I upgrade to economy plus (with my new quest card) and then cancel the upgrade? or pay for bags and then cancel them or pay for a seat upgrade and then cancel?  Is this an option? Any other ideas to try and test it?

Offline Shaya E

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2022, 03:23:05 PM »
I booked a United flight with a different card and now I signed up for United Quest this week and got my card, so far, I dont see any free bags on my flight
I want to test it out- Can I upgrade to economy plus (with my new quest card) and then cancel the upgrade? or pay for bags and then cancel them or pay for a seat upgrade and then cancel?  Is this an option? Any other ideas to try and test it?

I once booked flights and forgot to pay for them with my United Explorer. I knew I can ask an agent at the airport to allow me to take my baggage but sometimes that doesn't work and I needed to be sure. I pre-payed for one checked bag and played for that with the Explorer card. Sure enough I received an email a few days later telling me I can bring carry-ons and checked baggage since I'm an Explorer cardholder. I'm not sure they wouldn't have linked my reservation without paying for luggage but I doubt it.

Offline HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2022, 03:25:56 PM »
I once booked flights and forgot to pay for them with my United Explorer. I knew I can ask an agent at the airport to allow me to take my baggage but sometimes that doesn't work and I needed to be sure. I pre-payed for one checked bag and played for that with the Explorer card. Sure enough I received an email a few days later telling me I can bring carry-ons and checked baggage since I'm an Explorer cardholder. I'm not sure they wouldn't have linked my reservation without paying for luggage but I doubt it.

So did you receive a refund for the bag you paid for?

Offline Shaya E

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2022, 03:31:59 PM »
So did you receive a refund for the bag you paid for?

I'm not sure why but I didn't try to. I was traveling with someone else so I was willing to pay $30 for 2 carry-ons and 2 checked bags.

Offline Aps

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2022, 11:48:58 PM »
Got it thanks! I was thinking of trying that- I need like 4 bags- so if I pay for one and get three more for free that would be great!