Author Topic: LIFE INSURANCE  (Read 116760 times)

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
LIFE INSURANCE
« on: April 25, 2021, 04:16:45 PM »
Please make sure you have enough coverage! Term life insurance is so cheap these days.

Think about your responsibility towards your family.

I get sick every time I see another family become rachmonos cases when a parent dies. They raise a few hundred thousand dollars. Not nearly enough to sustain and marry the kids off. A life insurance policy would give $1mm-$2mm easily.

This is a PSA. I don't work for any life insurance companies.

I would like to start running ads in local newspapers really screaming this from the rooftops.  I'm looking for anyone to sponsor (can be an ad as well for your company etc).  PM if interested. Tizku lemitzvos

Offline Der Deutsche Jude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CA, FAA, GA, NA, OA, WA
Re: LIFE INSURANCE
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 04:52:29 PM »
Also, if a spouse is not working for pay but takes care of the house and/or kids etc..., make sure to take a policy out on them as well! The cost of replacing their work can approach $100,000 per year.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 05:37:57 PM »
Please make sure you have enough coverage! Term life insurance is so cheap these days.

Think about your responsibility towards your family.

I get sick every time I see another family become rachmonos cases when a parent dies. They raise a few hundred thousand dollars. Not nearly enough to sustain and marry the kids off. A life insurance policy would give $1mm-$2mm easily.

This is a PSA. I don't work for any life insurance companies.

I would like to start running ads in local newspapers really screaming this from the rooftops.  I'm looking for anyone to sponsor (can be an ad as well for your company etc).  PM if interested. Tizku lemitzvos
I will assume even with life insurance there is still campaigns going on, cuz why not cash in on the tragedy

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 05:43:10 PM »
I will assume even with life insurance there is still campaigns going on, cuz why not cash in on the tragedy
I'd assume that most people would prefer not to be publicly campaigned for as nebachs if they don't absolutely need it. In my mind public campaigns are a last resort when a fanily has no choice but to sacrifice their dignity to put food on the table. I could be wrong though.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 05:57:03 PM »
-1. From my personal knowledge by the big covid surge a year ago, families with life insurance did not campaign
#TYH

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 06:15:28 PM »
cuz why not cash in on the tragedy

The way you phrase that makes them sound opportunistic. They suffered a loss than no money can replace, if they feel like they need a campaign who are you to judge their feelings or needs?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 06:24:11 PM »
The way you phrase that makes them sound opportunistic. They suffered a loss than no money can replace, if they feel like they need a campaign who are you to judge their feelings or needs?

I don't disagree, but it's often not the family running these campaigns.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 06:28:13 PM »
I don't disagree, but it's often not the family running these campaigns.
Many times it’s their Rabbi/Shul or a close friend, who know their financial stand.

Offline yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 06:36:39 PM »
Albert Kahan is a great guy to  talk to he also has a program for those need help getting started on their plan his number is 3472034712

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 06:40:36 PM »
@mods can you merge with proper thread?

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 07:05:38 PM »
@mods can you merge with proper thread?
No. This is not a discussion. This is a PSA to bring new awareness
#TYH

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 07:53:33 PM »
I actually was thinking about this a while back.
Avg. Price for term is 40-60 / month. That's about 500-700 a year.
Tzedaka campaigns avg. btw 100k-1M each. sadly, at least a hundred (Yesomim) online campaigns a year.. besides the thousands collected daily by meshulochim...
Being generous, in think it's fair enough to say that we're looking at 50+ million a year in Tzedaka campaigns for Yesomim...
Do the math: 50M / $600 = enough to pay over 83,000 people's life insurance...
I think some askanim need to get involved.. and make the switch to sponsoring or at least subsidizing LI for every married yungerman

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 07:56:31 PM »
Tzedaka campaigns avg. btw 100k-1M each. sadly, at least a hundred (Yesomim) online campaigns a year.. besides the thousands collected daily by meshulochim...
Being generous, in think it's fair enough to say that we're looking at 50+ million a year in Tzedaka campaigns for Yesomim...
I think some askanim need to get involved.. and make the switch to sponsoring or at least subsidizing LI for every married yungerman
Albert Kahan is a great guy to  talk to he also has a program for those need help getting started on their plan his number is 3472034712
this is this guys mission

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2021, 08:11:54 PM »
This has been a dream of mine for quite some time.

Offline whacked1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2021, 08:32:56 PM »
I dont have any info on how many campaigns there are annually and how many couples get married annually. But what your numbers are missing is the extent of the term. As with each year the entering "class" of couples is getting a 15/30 term. So the premiums would be compounding with every new "class"

Offline farmbochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 08:47:39 PM »
The campaigns you've seen may very well consist of a disproportionate share of people with underlying health conditions that make them uninsurable. Certainly not at a rate of $40-60 / month.
Risk is opportunity

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 08:53:04 PM »
The campaigns you've seen may very well consist of a disproportionate share of people with underlying health conditions that make them uninsurable. Certainly not at a rate of $40-60 / month.

Any chance to get group coverage a la Chabad corporate codes for car rentals? Or not for a group not employed by the same company and for coverage amount of $1mil each?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 09:01:44 PM »
Any chance to get group coverage a la Chabad corporate codes for car rentals? Or not for a group not employed by the same company and for coverage amount of $1mil each?

IINM, they tried doing this for shluchim a little while back.

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 10:37:38 PM »
I dont have any info on how many campaigns there are annually and how many couples get married annually. But what your numbers are missing is the extent of the term. As with each year the entering "class" of couples is getting a 15/30 term. So the premiums would be compounding with every new "class"
Obviously, I don't intend that we sponsor everyone's life insurance for life. I think most people just need to have a few years to either subsidized or free, and once they have it, they'll probably keep it

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 10:59:39 PM »
Obviously, I don't intend that we sponsor everyone's life insurance for life. I think most people just need to have a few years to either subsidized or free, and once they have it, they'll probably keep it

I agree with the idea, but I don't think getting something for free will make or help people realize that they need it on their own. You need to lead the horse to water and teach it to drink. Bringing the water to the horse only solves the issue in the short term.