Topic Wiki

In order to assist foreigners entering Israel the Israeli immigration authority has opened the email to assist with applications harigim-natbag@piba.gov.il

To locate missing relatives:

Ezer Metzion hotline: 036144660
They have reps on the ground at all of the hospitals.

Zaka form to locate missing relatives
 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDymRMlF7HeFilw0k1kk3mE1phFR1d4qAvSVWGmS_D5Ekaxw/viewform

Nahriya Hospital Emergency Hotline: 1255141
Nahriya Hospital: 049850505
(12 injured)

Ziv (Tzefat) hospital: 046828838
Ziv Emergency Hotline: 1255161
(41 patients, of which 14 in serious condition, and some already released)

Poriyah Hospital: 046652211
Poriyah Hospital Emergency Hotline: 1255162
(27 patients)

Rambam Hospital in Haifa (still receiving patients transferred from Ziv)

(7 patients, of which 4 in serious condition)

Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital in Jerusiam

Police Meron HQ - 110

Missing people hotline *1201

"Due to the many people in the United States that are frantically trying to contact loved ones who were in Meron and have been unable to locate them, Misaskim has opened their command center to try and assist people." Please call 718-854-4548 ONLY if you are missing an immediate family member and need assistance.

Link to Zaka form to locate missing relatives
 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDymRMlF7HeFilw0k1kk3mE1phFR1d4qAvSVWGmS_D5Ekaxw/viewform

There is intermittent cell service reception around Meron. Many people are safe but stranded as roads are closed. 30 kids are in a police holding facility in search of family members.

𝐈𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧, 𝐄𝐌𝐀 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥  𝐏𝐓𝐒𝐃 𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲!

Anyone who is emotionally affected by this tragedy can sign up for our service at EMA Care, and we can help you get through this trauma.
This service is entirely voluntary and therefore 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄. Sessions will be completely anonymous.

𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 - https://lnkd.in/d9Bp8Jw
« Last edited by Yehudaa on April 30, 2021, 01:11:23 PM »

Author Topic: Tragedy In Meron!  (Read 85778 times)

Offline haltkup

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tragedy In Meron!
« Reply #360 on: May 02, 2021, 12:22:27 AM »
I just posted a roundup of many of Shragee Gestetner's song in the music thread.
By all accounts he seemed liked a special person that continuously worked on himself to be a better person.. he left the music industry when he felt that it was impeded on family time and his ruchnios.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 02, 2021, 12:28:41 AM »
By all accounts he seemed liked a special person that continuously worked on himself to be a better person.. he left the music industry when he felt that it was impeded on family time and his ruchnios.
Yes it's absolutely a mesires nefesh'dige move, should it be a zchus for his neshama.

Funny to see some outlets post two photos of him as if they were from two people. His famous album photo and one from more recently.

Offline elya

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 02, 2021, 12:29:41 AM »
Haven’t seen any video evidence of cops blocking or a barrier in place.
https://imgur.com/aTeioKH

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #363 on: May 02, 2021, 12:30:13 AM »
&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

The 13yo boy was since confirmed niftar.
I can’t see it here, but if this is the video I saw (child all the way on the right, reaching out to the police officer) it’s possibly the saddest thing I ever saw. :'(
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 02, 2021, 12:31:48 AM »
I can’t see it here, but if this is the video I saw (child all the way on the right, reaching out to the police officer) it’s possibly the saddest thing I ever saw. :'(
It's not. It's the חייט father talking about his missing son.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 02, 2021, 12:32:05 AM »

Online flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 02, 2021, 12:37:04 AM »

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 02, 2021, 12:44:48 AM »
This touched everyone. I personally lost 5 acquaintances.

1) Yozhef from KJ. A third cousin of mine, his father was my Mohel.
2) Steinmetz from Montreal. Close family friend, my grandma was his parents Shadchen. His grandparents from Antwerp is where I stay when I'm in town.
3) Bergman from Manchester. My brothers roommate in Gateshead Yeshiva.
4) Gestetner from Montreal. Family friend, ate with him a few years the Purim Seuda's late 2000's.
5) Rubin from BS. He learned in my grandfathers Kollel in Jlem. Was such a nice guy.

There is no greater meaning of Korbanos Tzibur. These 45 run the gamut of all of Klal Yisroel, every single stripe. Oy what a message we need to take from this, we need to live as one, not just ... as one.

Offline neveryou

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 02, 2021, 01:12:13 AM »
Idra Rabba - Written by R' Shimon Bar Yochai. Not sure the exact translation. had someone forward it to me.
by Rabbi Yair Hoffman for 5tjt.com — VINnews
Unfortunately, in the aftermath of the horrific tragedy at Meron, some people are circulating a mistranslated Zohar.  It was mistranslated, either because the person has very poor Aramaic reading skills, or there may be some other sinister reason where someone is implementing a lack of emes to further an agenda.
The following is the voicenote that was making it’s rounds around Social Media however this is a thoroughly incorrect translation.

Audio Player

00:29

00:46

This is what the voice note says with the incorrect reading:
This is from the Zohar:  “It says that there will come a day that 45 people will die on the yartzeit, on Lag BaOmer by the Kever of Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai and that these people are nitzotzos from the Neshama of Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai.”
This is entirely incorrect and a stop should be put to it. We do not use sheker and mistranslations to promote things. 
THE CORRECT MEANING
The correct meaning of this passage, however, does not discuss a future time. It discusses an event that happened in the past. It is a conversation between Eliyahu HaNavi and Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai.  There was to be a gathering where Hashem would reveal secrets to the  Tzaddikim.  Eliyahu haNavi was there initially, but Hashem tied a task to him.  The task was to rescue Rabbi Hamnunah and his friends who were taken captive (in a Roman prison).  Eliyahu pushed down the walls and 45 of the Roman guards were killed. He then saved Rabbi Hamnunah.
There is no future time.  Any comparison of the tzaddikim who perished rachmana litzlan to the Roman guards who captured Rav Hamnunah and his friends is horrific.
The author can be reached at yairhoffman2@gmail.com

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 02, 2021, 01:57:53 AM »
This passageway looks like it was built for such a tragedy to happen rch"l.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufaunhr1b10jlbe/Miron%202021.mp4?dl=0

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 02, 2021, 02:05:07 AM »
https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1388576071960903692

This is evidence of the opposite

https://imgur.com/aTeioKH

So is this. Both vids show cops trying to alleviate the crush by ripping down wall to let people exit through the sides. Those walls they’re ripping down were not barriers.

Have you seen any videos of the steps in the moments leading up to it ?

I don’t remember. But what I’ll say is this. People are quick to blame the cops without any evidence of it, when in reality the situation was ripe for a progressive crowd collapse. A single person falling could’ve caused the huge pileup in the front, without any blockages. You can see in the videos there’s no one holding back the front or sides of the pile, no barriers, yet still no one can move. They’re trying to get them untangled and it’s not simple.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 02, 2021, 04:34:48 AM »
There are enough videos and evidence to convict every cop there. The videos are coming out, clear as day.
What possessed them to keep the only exit blocked!?

Online yfr bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 02, 2021, 05:46:15 AM »
I am a parent that has buried a child.
There is a man, a tzadik, from Bnei Brak, who lost his son, and out of his pain and grief established an organization called Chizku to provide support for every parent in EY who losses a child. He personally visits every parent sitting shiva (from Metula to Eilat, no exaggeration) sends a personalized chizuk package to each home, stays in touch long term giving each parent a shoulder to cry on, and encourages us to not fall down. He also sends every family for private respite shabbosim, to get out, get away, and begin to recover. If he sees that the family needs financial support he does his best to help the with that too. I personally was helped by him when I buried my bechor two and a half years ago, and am in touch with him and helped by him till today. He helped over two hundred families last year. (Including families that had medium to late term miscarriages and stillborn children). The mishpacha wrote about him about a year ago: https://mishpacha.com/a-gift-through-grief/ and https://mishpacha.com/column/why-i-do-what-i-do/

Why am I posting this here?
Two reasons. One, he is overwhelmed with the task of finding out where each of the 43 families are sitting shiva. If anyone has info on the location of any one of the shivas and/or the full jewish name (ploni ben ploni) of any of the niftarim (for the personalizing the chizuk care packages) PLEASE PM me.

Two, the meager resources of his organization are going to be extremely strained by the tragedy. It's basically run out of his house in Bnei Brak, with very low overhead, but the task of providing support to 40 new families in one week is basically impossible with the funds he has. I have no idea what his exact budget is but he doesn't need huge sums of money, just a few hundred dollars per family. If anyone wants to help also please PM and I'll send you the info how to donate. It's an Amuta Reshuma in Israel, and I believe that he also has a way to give tax receipts in the US.

Offline Happyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 02, 2021, 05:48:51 AM »

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 02, 2021, 06:39:45 AM »
There are enough videos and evidence to convict every cop there. The videos are coming out, clear as day.
What possessed them to keep the only exit blocked!?

There is not a single video that shows cops blocking anybody before people were already piled on top of each other on the steps.

The cops only got there after the event and did their best to rescue people.

Even people who were very close by didn't realize something is wrong until later on when cops were already there.

It does seem like the cops and EMS made the mistake of trying to pull people out from the bottom, who needed the help most, but it was impossible, and it would've been more helpful to alleviate the pressure from the top. Can't judge anybody responding to such a situation, and experts have said it's a miracle it didn't snowball into many more fatalities Chas veshalom.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 06:42:54 AM by PlatinumGuy »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2021, 07:12:32 AM »
I am a parent that has buried a child.

So sorry to hear. It takes a lot of courage to post something like this. May hashem give you continued strengh.

I sent you a PM

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #376 on: May 02, 2021, 07:47:45 AM »
There is a lot more video evidence out today. This story of cops blocking an exit seems completely made up.

Online YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 02, 2021, 07:53:07 AM »
where each of the 43 families are sitting shiva.
This was just posted by Balaaz

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 02, 2021, 08:21:30 AM »
["-"]

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #379 on: May 02, 2021, 08:24:15 AM »
While I completely understand the need and the urge, can we please try to refrain from assigning blame based off of some clips we saw online or on Whatsapp? Those cops are Jews, too, and the things they saw and the actions they had to take are things we wouldn't wish on anyone. In the spirit of the increased ahavas yisroel we've seen over the last few days, let's remember that it applies to the people wearing those uniforms, as well. The inquiries in the coming days and weeks will no doubt be very thorough. No one wanted this result. Absolutely no one. If there is blame to be assigned, it will be, and it will be something the person or people will have to live with for the rest of their lives. Until then, please don't point fingers.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.