Topic Wiki

In order to assist foreigners entering Israel the Israeli immigration authority has opened the email to assist with applications harigim-natbag@piba.gov.il

To locate missing relatives:

Ezer Metzion hotline: 036144660
They have reps on the ground at all of the hospitals.

Zaka form to locate missing relatives
 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDymRMlF7HeFilw0k1kk3mE1phFR1d4qAvSVWGmS_D5Ekaxw/viewform

Nahriya Hospital Emergency Hotline: 1255141
Nahriya Hospital: 049850505
(12 injured)

Ziv (Tzefat) hospital: 046828838
Ziv Emergency Hotline: 1255161
(41 patients, of which 14 in serious condition, and some already released)

Poriyah Hospital: 046652211
Poriyah Hospital Emergency Hotline: 1255162
(27 patients)

Rambam Hospital in Haifa (still receiving patients transferred from Ziv)

(7 patients, of which 4 in serious condition)

Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital in Jerusiam

Police Meron HQ - 110

Missing people hotline *1201

"Due to the many people in the United States that are frantically trying to contact loved ones who were in Meron and have been unable to locate them, Misaskim has opened their command center to try and assist people." Please call 718-854-4548 ONLY if you are missing an immediate family member and need assistance.

Link to Zaka form to locate missing relatives
 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDymRMlF7HeFilw0k1kk3mE1phFR1d4qAvSVWGmS_D5Ekaxw/viewform

There is intermittent cell service reception around Meron. Many people are safe but stranded as roads are closed. 30 kids are in a police holding facility in search of family members.

𝐈𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧, 𝐄𝐌𝐀 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥  𝐏𝐓𝐒𝐃 𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲!

Anyone who is emotionally affected by this tragedy can sign up for our service at EMA Care, and we can help you get through this trauma.
This service is entirely voluntary and therefore 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄. Sessions will be completely anonymous.

𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 - https://lnkd.in/d9Bp8Jw
« Last edited by Yehudaa on April 30, 2021, 01:11:23 PM »

Author Topic: Tragedy In Meron!  (Read 85750 times)

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tragedy In Meron!
« Reply #460 on: May 02, 2021, 04:31:08 PM »
Anything (expropriation etc.) besides cooperation will not result in improved safety, as it will not have cooperating between visitors and staff.
OTOH hard bargaining by police facing הקדשות would be a good thing.

To put differently, the attempt to enforce "covid limit, 100 people" is a non starter. If the authorities have a reasonable aim (less drastic reduction of people, more drastic restructuring of layout /location /flow) they'll be more likely to have a safer outcome

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 02, 2021, 04:31:44 PM »
I think we need to make a distinction with what you want to happen and will actually happen. The factions remaining in control and things go back to normal is nothing more than wishful thinking. That ship has sailed Thursday night.
the capacity controls that the state has been wishing for for 80 years are also wishful thinking

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 02, 2021, 05:16:02 PM »
I'm totally for expropriation.
Why? For all those trying to bridge the divide, unite the nation etc, this is definitely not the way. If you think forcing things is the way to go, good luck. With reasonable negotiations, it shouldn't be hard to provide a adequate level of safety in Meron. This is not such a political subject (yet) and it doesn't have to be. The focus should be on the outcome, not on control and whose letterhead things should be under.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline EliJelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 02, 2021, 07:30:16 PM »
I'm totally for expropriation.
Did you think about the ramifications if this is happening? Would you be okay if they build there a grand modern visiting center and drawing all sort of Kabalistic crazies from around the globe, Jewish or non Jewish alike? Once it's under their possession they get to decide all of this.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 02, 2021, 07:34:03 PM »
Granted, the politicians have a vested interest, but the charedi parties spearheaded previous expropriation attempts.

The issue is it wasn't pushed hard enough with full blown legislation, and therefore buckled under pressure from the Supreme Court case brought by the previous 'owners'.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 02, 2021, 09:48:18 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of it, but I would never have imagined I would have any connection to anyone who died in Meron by Toldos Aharon. It turns out, my aunt lost a cousin and my next door neighbor lost 2 roommates. It seems to be something I'm hearing from quite a few people in Lakewood, we all know someone (or a few people) who lost a relative or friend.

ETA: This is besides for the many people who were there and BH made it out. A very close relative was on the steps moments before the whole thing started.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 02, 2021, 09:49:59 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of it, but I would never have imagined I would have any connection to anyone who died in Meron by Toldos Aharon. It turns out, my aunt lost a cousin and my next door neighbor lost 2 roommates. It seems to be something I'm hearing from quite a few people in Lakewood, we all know someone (or a few people) who lost a relative or friend.
Toldos Aharon is one of the more popular hadlakos. And evidently all kinds of Jews participated.

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 02, 2021, 11:27:35 PM »

I am not saying this in order to place blame - so many things went wrong in order for this tragedy to occur - but please stop saying that the eyewitnesses are lying!  There is no video from the moments before it happened because most people there do not have smart phones, and the wires to many of the security cameras scattered throughout Meron had been cut (accidentally or intentionally doesn't matter at all!).
Police disabled many security cameras on Wednesday.
They have yet to explain why they did it

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #469 on: May 02, 2021, 11:42:43 PM »
Police disabled many security cameras on Wednesday.
They have yet to explain why they did it

Hard to believe every conspiracy...

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #470 on: May 03, 2021, 08:51:47 AM »
Hard to believe every conspiracy...
I am just waiting to hear people saying that it was all because some of Bill Gate's microchips from the Pfizer vaccine malfunctioned.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 03, 2021, 09:05:25 AM »
I am just waiting to hear people saying that it was all because some of Bill Gate's microchips from the Pfizer vaccine malfunctioned.
You joke, but one of the messages circulating about the video cameras signed off something to the effect "don't allow vaccine passports, they're going to use them to kill us".

Offline yerushabubby

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 03, 2021, 09:26:18 AM »
  There was an article on one of the news sites stating that the Toldos Aharon area was only considered safe (by the engineers) for up to 3000 people.  That is completely false.  The 3000 person limit was imposed by the health ministry because of Covid.  When the bleachers were rebuilt, several years ago, that area was rated for over 20,000 people - with the condition that sufficient exits be available.  There are other exits from that area, but they are less accessible during the hadlaka, and not at all available during the hadlaka for those leaving the men's section of the tziyon. 
   Now that people are more aware of the safety issues, there is an opportunity to rebuild much of the area in away that would be much safer - more and wider exits etc.  If the government makes any attempt to take over Meron, the opportunity will be lost.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #474 on: May 03, 2021, 09:52:37 AM »
You are getting mixed up. It was the lasers from space that sealed the exits.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #475 on: May 03, 2021, 09:55:24 AM »
You are getting mixed up. It was the lasers from space that sealed the exits.
Aren't the space lasers from the Israelis?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #476 on: May 03, 2021, 09:57:51 AM »
Is the 5g chip making you think that?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #477 on: May 03, 2021, 09:59:52 AM »
Ya, they got mixed up and hit the wrong place.  ;)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 03, 2021, 10:48:42 AM »
Of course, so it was the fault of the Israeli police and Tzahal indeed. Needless to argue whether they closed with a physical barrier or not.

Offline pbf

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 03, 2021, 10:58:44 AM »
I've been trying to wrap my brain around these events for the past few days.

I am generally not a very emotional person and tragic events do not usually affect me this way. Although this did not affect me personally, I am completely broken up about it.
I have cried more in the past few days than I have in the past several years.

Is it because it hits so close to home?  I've been to Meron multiple times. We've all been there. We all have family that have gone or go on Lag B'Omer.
Is it because there is no one to blame? There is no terrorist to pour our wrath at, no drunk driver to arrest and judge.
Is it the gruesome manner of death? The thought of mothers knowing that their young sons were literally crushed and/or suffocated to death is too much to bear.

Knowing that people I know and care about were minutes away from disaster. A friend was there with his young son.
A family member there with 2 friends. They asked him to join them at the Toldos Aaron fire, but he was tired and declined. They high fived each other and went their separate ways. Mere minutes later, both of his friends are gone.

The thought that each victim had surrounding people pressed up to them that heard or felt them take their last breath. That perhaps felt that they were the one that crushed someone to death. That heard the gasping last breaths of their brothers, perhaps people that they knew closely. How can one ever move on from that?

I've watched every video, read every report, and still have no answers. I am no closer to understanding how this could happen.

As someone who has worked on their emunah for the past few years, I thought it was strong. I was wrong.
I have so many questions. Why? Why would Hashem make this happen? After such a long and terrible year, people were finally gathering. For a good and holy reason! And to result in such a gruesome and horrible tragedy is unfathomable.
Why?? Every person that died looks like they were a special soul. How could this be?
I am scared. The fact that Hashem is still so angry at us, after the punishment that we as a nation, as a world, have received the past year, we are still deserving of a message of this magnitude terrifies me.

I don't think it is within our human and limited capacity to comprehend this. To process this. Any attempt to gain clarity will fail. There is no answer in this world.

There is nothing to do but move on. Attempt to better ourselves, comfort ourselves and move on.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 11:10:08 AM by pbf »