Author Topic: Safrus  (Read 887 times)

Offline Onefishtwofish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Safrus
« on: November 27, 2022, 08:53:40 AM »
I'm looking for a program to purchase to upload or scan mezusos to have it "checked" does anyone know the options and how much it costs?

Online Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline sharase

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Safrus
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 11:25:49 PM »
https://www.thesofercenter.com/store/p538/Sefer_Torah_Computer_Checking_%2F_Scanning.html subway surfers
Do you have any information about purchasing a program to scan mezusos to have them checked? I'm looking for a program that will scan mezusos for me and then print out the results so I can check them myself. I'm not sure how much the program would cost, but I would like to be sure that I'm getting the best possible service.

Offline whacked1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 01:45:58 PM »
Do you have any information about purchasing a program to scan mezusos to have them checked? I'm looking for a program that will scan mezusos for me and then print out the results so I can check them myself. I'm not sure how much the program would cost, but I would like to be sure that I'm getting the best possible service.
Program is expensive. Unless you know the halachos really well the program wont be of much assistance.

Offline Onefishtwofish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 01:53:51 PM »
There is another program that someone in Israel has and requires you to use a specific Canon camera and windows 10 PC. I don't know too much about it.

My original question was from a friend who is a sofer and doesn't want to pay someone $3-6 to scan each mezuzah as part of his checking process.

Offline whacked1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 03:32:52 PM »
There is another program that someone in Israel has and requires you to use a specific Canon camera and windows 10 PC. I don't know too much about it.

My original question was from a friend who is a sofer and doesn't want to pay someone $3-6 to scan each mezuzah as part of his checking process.
You can PM and i'll try to give some info.

However, there is an inyan to have it checked by a 2nd sofer. (Forgot what its called in safrus terms).

Offline koplonko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 11:48:28 PM »

Vaad mishmeres stam - Israel had a checking service for sofrim via email or something like that. I don't know if it still exists, but I remember that the pricing was not bad