Author Topic: CreditKarma.com - Free Credit Score (FAKO)  (Read 92816 times)

Offline lybbtthl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Barely anything these days...
Re: CreditKarma.com - Free Credit Score
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2011, 06:59:30 PM »
There are affiliate sites that offer the free trial from MyFico and the 2 years does not apply.
links?

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2011, 07:10:05 PM »
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2011, 07:12:37 PM »
Only a 10 day free trial so make sure you cancel.

https://www.myfico.com/Store/Cart.aspx

+1

Didn't know they were running it now.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
...says you.

After I pulled MyFico and directly from Equifax at the same moment, with a nearly 10 point difference. Which one is the true FICO or who to believe from both parties.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »
After I pulled MyFico and directly from Equifax at the same moment, with a nearly 10 point difference. Which one is the true FICO or who to believe from both parties.

You sure you paid for a FICO score from EQ and not just a credit score?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2011, 07:21:39 PM »
This was almost 2 years ago. At that time I believe they advertised it as FICO but I've not seen the mention of the word FICO since then on their new products. I thought that subtle change was odd since the last year and a half. I've not looked at the sight for a few months now as I've lost some faith on what their score means now. It seems that they even changed the footnotes on their websight about this new scoring system. Maybe I'm not looking deep enough into the products they offer :-\ (I think it would have been EC at that time)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2011, 07:28:15 PM »
This was almost 2 years ago. At that time I believe they advertised it as FICO but I've not seen the mention of the word FICO since then on their new products. I thought that subtle change was odd since the last year and a half. I've not looked at the sight for a few months now as I've lost some faith on what their score means now. It seems that they even changed the footnotes on their websight about this new scoring system. Maybe I'm not looking deep enough into the products they offer :-\ (I think it would have been EC at that time)

After a brief look at their site, it looks as if they do in fact sell FICO score, but they also sell what seem to be FAKO scores as well. It's possible that two years ago they sold you a FAKO which would account for the ten point discrepancy.

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2011, 07:35:02 PM »
That's the issue I have with EQ websight. How are we supposed to know which one we are getting as they don't seem to specifiy in the products' terms or keep ambigious definitions of what the scoring model is? I've always assumed "ScoreWatch" is the FAKO and avoided that one. I always went for the daily puller with daily score puller. So I pulled everyday and the score would change according to the utilization changes. At that time it was called "Equifax Credit File". They keep rebranding the same product with a different name every few months that you really don't know when your getting FAKO vs FICO.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
That's the issue I have with EQ websight. How are we supposed to know which one we are getting as they don't seem to specifiy in the products terms or keep ambigious definitions of what the scoring model is? I've always assumed "ScoreWatch" is the FAKO and avoided that one. I always went for the daily puller with daily score puller. So I pulled everyday and the score would change according to the utilization changes. At that time it was called "Equifax Credit File". They keep rebranding the same product with a different name every few months that you really don't know when your getting FAKO vs FICO.

This makes it seem pretty clear to me...

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2011, 07:43:39 PM »
Thanks AJK. Second pair of eyes do help.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:54:19 PM by scwam »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2011, 07:45:08 PM »
Thanks. I've seen what they've done now. Taken what we used to get included for the lower priced products since 2 years ago and placed FICO's only into the $39 product now. They did not do that 2 years ago which sucks ass now that one must pay that amount. At that time in 2009 I specifically looked for products that advertised "FICOŽ" on the product. There were more than 1 of those products for under $20/month. Good to know, I won't waste any money lower priced FAKO from now on. They have completely redefined their footnotes since then.

In all honesty, what do you need a real FICO score for anyway? Most of the FAKO are good enough to give you guidance as to where you stand for applying for CCs...

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2011, 08:06:11 PM »
Up until recently EQ only offered a true FICO. As has been pointed out they now offer non FICO scores also.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2011, 08:22:02 PM »
Up until recently EQ only offered a true FICO. As has been pointed out they now offer non FICO scores also.

I knew it. I thought so. It's like how Coca-Cola now with that 1.5L bottle which seems like a good price per Liter until they 'serendipitously' phase out the 2L bottle and then raise the 1.5L bottle price to the 2L price.
AJK, yeah, maybe I should stop being so nitpicky on these FAKO's as they have been extremely close to FICO's I've had at the same time.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »
I knew it. I thought so. It's like how Coca-Cola now with that 1.5L bottle which seems like a good price per Liter until they 'serendipitously' phase out the 2L bottle and then raise the 1.5L bottle price to the 2L price.
AJK, yeah, maybe I should stop being so nitpicky on these FAKO's as they have been extremely close to FICO's I've had at the same time.
Still a 2L in CLE :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »
Still a 2L in CLE :)

Now, that's a reason to move to middle-America :P

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2011, 09:30:10 PM »

1. I've already seen 1.25L and 500ml coke in the USA.
2. Others have reported FAKO scores that were way off, YMMV.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »

Even if they aren't spot on, the FAKO score itself doesn't matter as much as what's actually on the report.

Offline gevaldig

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2011, 11:08:25 PM »
1. I've already seen 1.25L and 500ml coke in the USA.
2. Others have reported FAKO scores that were way off, YMMV.
so after this whole fico or faco, is there any reliable  good free site where i could monitor my credit score, or even paid sites which would be good?

Offline scwam

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2011, 11:56:46 PM »
I just pulled a MyFico Fico of 753 and a Fako from some random websight which showed 758 for Equifax. So the difference was negligable in this case. It's called Credit Adaptor & I think they are using the TU FAKO model. I had tried to get another free $25 visa card from them but didn't work this time in accepting my Gift card Amex to intiate the 7 day trial. Unfortunately they must have caught on that these gift cards can't be billed when no money is left.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:03:44 AM by scwam »

Offline Yossi.

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Free Credit Karma Daily Credit Monitoring
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2012, 07:52:02 AM »
Anyone knows if that's any good? No credit card needed to subscribe. I think its FAKO
http://www.creditkarma.com/