Author Topic: Herods Tel Aviv may become a Doubletree  (Read 949 times)

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Herods Tel Aviv may become a Doubletree
« on: May 06, 2021, 03:08:50 AM »
This is unsubstantiated by any links or documents, but I just wanted to share that the Herods Tel Aviv may be converted to a Hilton Doubletree in the near-mid future.

During a call with Hilton a few days ago to book a summer stay at Hilton Tel Aviv with certificates, I spoke with a very cordial and enthusiastic representative that had a daughter with a PhD in Holocaust studies with a concentration in the Holocaust in Ukraine and keen interest in Israel.  We actually continued to chat quite a bit even after booking the stay.

At one point, she started to tell me about future plans for Hilton hotels in Israel as appeared in her system.  She said a Doubletree was slated for 155 HaYarkon Street, which is the address of the Herods Tel Aviv hotel.  She mentioned a couple of other new properties as well (a Hilton Garden in Ashdod and a Curio in Tel Aviv), but I was already aware of those two from press releases/news a while back.

I had not seen or heard any report about the Doubletree conversion, though.  Here's hoping we have a new, reasonable cash/redemption option from Hilton in Israel - especially after the major Crowne Plaza losses!

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Herods Tel Aviv may become a Doubletree
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 06:18:34 AM »
Can't wait to see a Hilton Garden Inn being more then 50k a night ;D