Author Topic: War in Israel  (Read 158864 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: War in Israel
« Reply #1100 on: May 17, 2021, 04:48:19 PM »
No, it's just a dissenting view. I don't think anyone here can accuse @PlatinumGuy of hating Jews just because he presents controversial opinions. Push comes to shove, he's gone way above and beyond for Jews he's never met, as recently as Meiron. Everyone is emotional and on edge, especially those who have been running back and forth to bomb shelters, and sometimes that can make everything that isn't 100% supportive seem like a personal attack.
Much appreciated. To me, knowing the truth is better than feeling good about being right or justified, but I understand that when rockets are raining, many prefer to stick to what feels better even if it isn't always the full truth, and I don't blame them - I welcome them to set the forum to ignore me.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 17, 2021, 04:51:08 PM »
There's a line between articulating unpopular opinions and spouting contrarianism just for the sake of it. Some of the stuff that has been said is so patently absurd it's hard to believe it's not the latter. I'm not out to "cancel" anyone, whatever that means, though I will say I should go back to avoiding the "show me the post" button.
I can't go through the entire threads, but I will do my best to go through my mentions and explain any positions.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 17, 2021, 04:52:51 PM »
the IDF/Israeli govt needs a PR person to go on mainstream media and have a legit talk with US anchor for a 30-60 minute interview going myths v facts 1 by 1 as to how this started and what is happening. and not in broken english.

This is very true. The IDF spokesperson unit has more than 500 people, it is totally unacceptable.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 17, 2021, 05:03:16 PM »
I may not agree with @PlatinumGuy's views on Hamas and Israel, but I still appreciate that there are opposing viewpoints that aren't just NK garbage.

I don't see the need to cancel him over his well articulated opinions, even if they are unpopular.
Thank you. True confidence is understanding the other side perfectly and still knowing clearly why your side is superior.

Sometimes, those who are most offended are insecure in their beliefs and thus threatened by any argument and incapable of considering that maybe the other side has a point.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 17, 2021, 05:07:54 PM »
@Ergel The Arabs lynching Jews in this spate of violence came before any Jew lynched an Arab. I can tell you Israelis are at a boiling point when it comes to seeing Arabs rioting and burning our streets/homes/businesses/Shuls.

I am not sure if you're talking about the last 150 years or the last week, but I can personally testify to seeing Jewish mobs violently assault passerby Arabs in Jlem 3 weeks ago. The lynch in Bat Yam is only of one of many incidents that happened to be caught on live TV.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 17, 2021, 05:23:18 PM »
I don't know if it's that or has something to do with where attacks are being launched from, or where terrorists are hiding, or something else completely. @PlatinumGuy or one of the Israelis may have more info.

Who knows?

If you ask Israel, Hamas has critical infrastructure in those towers. If you ask Hamas, they are civilian buildings being targeted to create maximum damage (in breach of international law).

Personally, I suspect they have some Hamas infrastructure (it figures that the ruling mafia occupies the best buildings) but are being selected for the Israeli audience to feel like the IDF is taking 'decisive action'.

ETA: I saw the chairman of the Israeli defense and foreign relations parliament committee said the same thing

https://twitter.com/zvihauser/status/1394245925850189825
BTW - 43 people have already been arrested in Gaza for prank calling and posing as Israeli soldiers warning people to immediately escape their homes...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 05:46:26 PM by PlatinumGuy »

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 17, 2021, 07:48:06 PM »
I think the attack was necessary and justified, but I still have empathy for the victim (if the story is true).

https://twitter.com/swilkinsonbc/status/1394438019185352707

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 17, 2021, 09:04:56 PM »

חיב אדם לברך על הרעה כשם שהוא מברך על הטובה

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 17, 2021, 09:33:15 PM »

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 18, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »
Train service is suspended from 19:00 (TA Hagana and South, where the train passes in unbuilt areas without Iron Dome coverage) as the army anticipates rockets at Tel Aviv tonight.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: May 18, 2021, 01:12:24 PM »
Probably trying to smoke him out...

https://twitter.com/ronen23/status/1394700224304660489

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 18, 2021, 01:44:10 PM »
Probably trying to smoke him out...

https://twitter.com/ronen23/status/1394700224304660489
why?
would he come out of hiding bec they announce the obvious?
hes been on their list for years...

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 18, 2021, 07:00:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/w7voa/status/1394787968397762561

why?
would he come out of hiding bec they announce the obvious?
hes been on their list for years...
It could make him fear they’re on his tail and prompt him to switch hiding places / act irrationally.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 18, 2021, 07:46:51 PM »
It’s a radical break from prevailing narratives, but I think Hamas’s strategic objective from the outset was to escalate the conflict enough to prevent Iran from signing the nuclear deal (if Hamas did want the deal, they could’ve easily waited a few weeks). Hamas is pursuing a one-state solution, and that requires an international Arab intervention to destroy Israel. At present, the most likely agent is a nuclear Iran. Hamas wants to keep their plight in the spotlight so Iran doesn’t move that pursuit to the back burner.

(Netanyahu also doesn’t want Iran to sign the deal, but for the opposite reason that he thinks the sanctions will crush Iran + legitimize military actions).

Protecting al quds was just a convenient justification they used to win support in the Arab world.

In the beginning, they thought large barrages on Tel Aviv would draw Israeli infantry in, and when that appeared imminent they also wanted to use up the stockpile before it would be seized in the ground invasion. However, once it was evident the missiles are causing much less damage than expected and Israel is trying to refrain from entering, they switched to the opposite tactic of attrition. Israel may be willing to to turn a blind eye to a few days with hundreds of rockets, but it can’t turn a blind eye to hundreds of days with few rockets in all the major cities, and gradually international pressure will force Israel to ease the air strikes, that are running out of targets anyways.

I find it hard to believe Hamas didn’t anticipate this degree Israeli response, I believe they were ready for it (no qualms with dying, and the economic damage will be repaid with interest) and are still taunting Israel for a full and long ground invasion. Iran may be only a few months away from a nuclear weapon.

The test will be if there is a prolonged cease fire or not. I don’t think there will be).

https://twitter.com/jtruzmah/status/1394797289135173633?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 07:51:47 PM by PlatinumGuy »

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 18, 2021, 10:02:08 PM »

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 18, 2021, 10:02:55 PM »

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 18, 2021, 10:37:44 PM »
An Arab terrorist was killed by his own bomb on Tuesday morning as he attempted to carry out a bombing attack on IDF soldiers in Chevron.

The terrorist approached the Jewish section of Chevron armed with weapons and a number of pipe bombs. When he arrived at the IDF guard post at Kikar Gross, a bomb he intended to throw at the soldiers exploded in his hands. A Givati soldier then shot and killed the terrorist.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 18, 2021, 10:40:05 PM »
An Arab terrorist was killed by his own bomb on Tuesday morning as he attempted to carry out a bombing attack on IDF soldiers in Chevron.

The terrorist approached the Jewish section of Chevron armed with weapons and a number of pipe bombs. When he arrived at the IDF guard post at Kikar Gross, a bomb he intended to throw at the soldiers exploded in his hands. A Givati soldier then shot and killed the terrorist.
Editors note: please explain how he was able to die twice.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 18, 2021, 10:46:48 PM »
The bullet hit the bomb?

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #1119 on: May 18, 2021, 10:51:13 PM »
They are using the covid counting system.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half