Author Topic: War in Israel  (Read 157849 times)

Offline jose34

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: War in Israel
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2021, 05:14:44 PM »
does this remind anyone of anything?

Now we can finally understand a little bit of what the churban looked like....

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2021, 05:17:54 PM »
The missiles aren’t the whole story. There are several large violent riots in the many different locations around Israel and many micro terrorist aggressions.
https://twitter.com/yaircherki/status/1391864646089461772
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2021, 05:21:54 PM »
דובר הזרוע הצבאית של חמאס מציב אולטימטום חדש:

אם האויב לא יפסיק את המצור על המתפללים באלאקצא עליו לצפות לתגובתנו בתוך שעתיים

Eerily similar to the previous ultimatum that resulted in a missile barrage fired on towns surrounding Jlem when it expired at 18:00, and reinforces my belief that Hamas main objective is the win popular support by ‘defending Al Aqsa’
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline m65

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2021, 05:57:30 PM »

Source?

sorry, my mistake. they all converged on palestine to help us build the beis hamikdash. תגיד לי אחי, איפה אתה חי???????

I always wonder if you....
i am definitely most honored that u are always wondering about me ;)

I always wonder if you really have a hard time understanding, or you take pleasure in tauntingly dumbing things down.
i most definitely relish taunting post-modern liberals who have a hard time understanding that we live in the middle east, and not in switzerland.

i take much pleasure in sarcasm when referring to ppl's lack of grasping the drastic abuse, and loss of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, that befall them, when they desperately need to conform with a certain type of populism

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2021, 06:00:27 PM »
Israel annex East Jerusalem. The current Arab residents in East Jerusalem are Israeli nationals. They are protectorates of the winning power just as much as the Jews attempting to evict them.

jews and arabs are not equal under israeli law.
as much as we try painting a picture that they are. they are not.
we dont consider them equal, neither do they consider themselves as such.
they dont have any right of return laws, im sure deep down in your heart u are happy about this. (plz for ur own good, dont try to respond to this specific point)
the israeli flag and national anthem are not aimed at their hearts.
there are no budgets for "arabizing" the north or south.
the list is endless

they are merely tolerated here because of the lack of ability/will to get rid of them
those trying to evict them are not doing so as part of a personal legal financial battle, but are doing so bec they believe it is in the good of the state
if they are protected by the winning power it is not bec they are part of the winning power, but bec the winning power didnt win hard enough.

these are all facts

every zionist knows and feels this way, even if he will vehemently scream and yell that they are false.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2021, 06:07:11 PM »
Like they did at 18:00 when a house as hit and the family members survived because the kids had the presence of mind to drag the parents to the secure room (something @m65 and other Covidiots lack)?
the fact that they may or may not have saved their parents can make a beautiful hashgacha pratis story

that doesnt change the sensible argument that when a siren goes off in city x, u are more likely to break your leg running to the shelter than to actually save yourself
since u dont seem to have a counter argument to this healthy logic, u decide to call me a covidiot. which in liberal language means, someone who is not fooled by senseless populist hogwash, and will not change his mind until valid convincing arguments are made.
that reflects alot on your well known covid opinions as well.

in short id rather be a covidiot than an idiot

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2021, 06:28:42 PM »
the fact that they may or may not have saved their parents can make a beautiful hashgacha pratis story

that doesnt change the sensible argument that when a siren goes off in city x, u are more likely to break your leg running to the shelter than to actually save yourself
since u dont seem to have a counter argument to this healthy logic, u decide to call me a covidiot. which in liberal language means, someone who is not fooled by senseless populist hogwash, and will not change his mind until valid convincing arguments are made.

There have been zero reported deaths or serious injuries today from people running to shelters. There has been a report of lives saved from running to shelters.

You have to bring better data to back up your assertion that taking shelter results in more damage than not running to shelter would.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2021, 06:30:09 PM »
jews and arabs are not equal under israeli law.
as much as we try painting a picture that they are. they are not.
we dont consider them equal, neither do they consider themselves as such.
they dont have any right of return laws, im sure deep down in your heart u are happy about this. (plz for ur own good, dont try to respond to this specific point)
the israeli flag and national anthem are not aimed at their hearts.
there are no budgets for "arabizing" the north or south.
the list is endless

they are merely tolerated here because of the lack of ability/will to get rid of them
those trying to evict them are not doing so as part of a personal legal financial battle, but are doing so bec they believe it is in the good of the state
if they are protected by the winning power it is not bec they are part of the winning power, but bec the winning power didnt win hard enough.

these are all facts

every zionist knows and feels this way, even if he will vehemently scream and yell that they are false.
Again, nobody said it's illegal or not right. The point which you attempted to dispute is that from an Arab point of view it's unfair. I'm happy you conceded that argument and shifted to showing other instances where Israeli law discriminates against Arabs. And yes, I have no problem with many of those cases including the law of return.

I don't bother positing counterarguments to positions that are so blatantly kooky anybody reading them realizes so at once.

It is well established that bomb shelters prevent more harm than they cause, just like it's well established that masks and lockdowns prevent covid illness.

I'm sure you're next 'sensible argument' is that doctors kill more patients than they heal, and seatbelts hurt more people by preventing them from escaping cars.

It's sad that your disregard for senseless populist hogwash universally accepted safety precautions is so widespread in our community that  nobody has the power to stop obviously dangerous events like Meron from taking place.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2021, 06:31:47 PM »
There have been zero reported deaths or serious injuries today from people running to shelters. There has been a report of lives saved from running to shelters.

You have to bring better data to back up your assertion that taking shelter results in more damage than not running to shelter would.
Despite the fact millions of people were rushed to shelters tonight (some as many as 50 times, R"L), and only ~200 rockets fell.

The argument against bomb shelters is an old anti-vaxxer type conspiracy in Israel. Don't waste your energy on it.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 06:40:10 PM by PlatinumGuy »

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2021, 06:48:57 PM »
דובר הזרוע הצבאית של חמאס מציב אולטימטום חדש:

אם האויב לא יפסיק את המצור על המתפללים באלאקצא עליו לצפות לתגובתנו בתוך שעתיים

Eerily similar to the previous ultimatum that resulted in a missile barrage fired on towns surrounding Jlem when it expired at 18:00, and reinforces my belief that Hamas main objective is the win popular support by ‘defending Al Aqsa’
https://twitter.com/jtruzmah/status/1391887034906673155

Either Israel capitulated or they’re just trying to save face while backing out of their threat. Maybe there’s just no point being there so late at night

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2021, 06:49:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/bezalelsm/status/1391876380934168576
Somebody was shot dead and a few injured. Circumstances aren’t clear yet. Hopefully a terrorist killed but it doesn’t look like it

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2021, 07:04:35 PM »
Somebody was shot dead and a few injured. Circumstances aren’t clear yet. Hopefully a terrorist killed but it doesn’t look like it
BH the person killed was an Arab terrorist. The lack of casualties tonight is incredible. Chasdei Hashem. 

https://twitter.com/bezalelsm/status/1391886225745793027

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2021, 07:14:47 PM »
Unless you go back 1000s of years, it is unequivocally true that Jews seized control of Palestinian property much more than they did.

In 1930 there were ~150k Jews in Israel. Today there are 7-8m.

The issue in East Jeruslam is more complex. It’s true that Jews owned the land pre 1948, but Israeli law doesn’t allow Arab owners to reclaim land they owned and deserted in 1948 (חוק נכסי נפקדים), and if Jewish owners pre 1948 were classified the same way, the property in East Jerusalem would belong to the Arabs who live there since 1948, in some cases it’s the same family.

If you recognize pre-1948 ownership, most of Rechavia, Telbia, & other Jewish neighborhoods would be claimed by their legitimate Arab owners who deserted on 1948

Please explain how Jews seized so called Palestinians land?
As far as I know the incitement started when yiddin bought a lot of land.
And I don't get what is the issue with Jewish growth.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2021, 07:19:24 PM »
As far as I know the incitement started when yiddin bought a lot of land.
And I don't get what is the issue with Jewish growth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shaykh_Muwannis
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline 1avigrun

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2021, 07:22:29 PM »

Offline 1avigrun

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2021, 07:27:37 PM »

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2021, 07:44:20 PM »
There have been zero reported deaths or serious injuries today from people running to shelters.
not true. i remember clearly cases (including one that was caught on video in sderot) of ppl being seriously injured while running for shelter

just google נפצע בריצה למרחב מוגן and u fill find plenty of such reported cases including videos

There has been a report of lives saved from running to shelters.

100% true. i never denied that

And yes, I have no problem with many of those cases including the law of return.
phew!

The point which you attempted to dispute is that from an Arab point of view it's unfair.
i dont attempt to dispute that. my point is that life on planet earth in general, and specificaly in the middle east isnt always fair.
the arabs understand that even better than me and u. they all know they are being treated much more fairly here than in any other arab country.
it isnt fair that 6 million jews were killed in europe. and it isnt fair that i have to fight daily not to get killed.
it isnt "fair" that god gave eretz yisroel to the jews, but too bad.
when jews do not stutter while saying that, the arab, who has a very healthy understanding of how things work around the middle east, backs down quickly.
its when the jew starts stuttering that the arab raises his head.

I'm happy you conceded that argument
i dont recall conceding anything

I don't bother positing counterarguments to positions that are so blatantly kooky anybody reading them realizes so at once.

its nice that u say my argument is kooky, but for the ones who arent as smart as u plz explain.
ill explain my side.

jerusalem for example is 125,420,000 square meters
what do u think is the range in meters that a rocket can do u damage?
lets give it even 1000 meters לחומרא? i dont think its anywhere near that, but for the fun lets say...
basic math says that would mean u have a 1/125,420 chance of getting hurt by a rocket that is heading to jerusalem w/o having any info as to where in jerusalem it may land
add to that the chances that iron dome intercepts the rocket or that its a false alarm
there were 341 ppl KILLED in car accidents in israel in 2019, thats 1 out of every 26,392 ppl in the country. forget about injuries.

i dont dispute that many ppl may have been saved by running to shelters, im just saying that when i am personally doing whatever im doing, i dont feel the need to run madly to a bomb shelter merely bec i heard the siren go off. 1/125,420 is not a number that scares a sensible person, especially when he actually puts himself into a minor risk by joining the wild running scene

it's well established that masks and lockdowns prevent covid illness.

i dont know the facts, although i do know that for some reason most liberals agree with that and most conservatives argue it.
to me that means that the argument is not factual but political.

assuming that u are correct, that still doesnt change my mind.
i dont disagree with the scientific numbers here, i just think that one can sensibly argue that the price of lost life and liberty caused by lockdowns is a higher price to pay than the loss of life from covid.
i know it sounds cruel, but i believe it is a valid argument. u can argue with it, but it definitely isnt kooky.
again, im not a covid denier, i just find it hard to believe that lockdowns are the way to deal with the situation.

I'm sure you're next 'sensible argument' is that doctors kill more patients than they heal, and seatbelts hurt more people by preventing them from escaping cars.
i regularly visit doctors and i take my children as well. my children are all up to date on all their vaccines.
i wear a seatbelt 99.99% of the time, as do my kids.

It's sad that your disregard for senseless populist hogwash universally accepted safety precautions is so widespread in our community that  nobody has the power to stop obviously dangerous events like Meron from taking place.
i recognized the dangers of overcrowding in meron on lag baomer 15 years ago already, and take the necessary precautions every year.
the past 2 years were actually the only times in my life where i entered the tzion on lag baomer, i felt safe doing that because unfortunately there wasnt many ppl inside when i cane there. all other years i made the trip and davened from outside the building. specifically because of the dangers of overcrowding

sorry to debunk your theory of me being some wild conspiracy theory believer, covid denier, anti vaccinist, israel did 9/11'er and whatever else

i just dont buy everything im fed, thats all

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2021, 07:45:39 PM »

In the simplest sense of the term - they came with guns, the Palestinians ran away, and the Jews seize their houses. Today those neighborhoods are known as Ramat Eshkol, Rechavia, Katamon, Telabiya, to name a few.

There is no problem with Jewish growth. The point is in 1930 the overwhelming majority of Israel was Palestinian. Much of their land was taken away from them.