Author Topic: War in Israel  (Read 157655 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: War in Israel
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2021, 08:09:01 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shaykh_Muwannis

That is in 1948 years into the fighting.
Saying Arabs where scared in a time of war and there for chased out is a very big stretch of reality.

It’s like two people are on a football field and one pulls out a knife and then the other one pulls out a gun and chases him off the field....

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2021, 08:10:49 PM »
In the simplest sense of the term - they came with guns, the Palestinians ran away, and the Jews seize their houses. Today those neighborhoods are known as Ramat Eshkol, Rechavia, Katamon, Telabiya, to name a few.

There is no problem with Jewish growth. The point is in 1930 the overwhelming majority of Israel was Palestinian. Much of their land was taken away from them.

Who came with guns? When was it? Why did they come with guns?

We can’t just pull out selective information, context matters.

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2021, 08:23:58 PM »
I didn't read the whole back and forth, but I remember watching מראות ,קודש In gutnik hall, where the rabbi said Not a single medical professional would halt a surgery because its bleeds and stitch it up and then cut again, it bleeds much more every time you start over, you need to do the full surgery and then stitch it up, he was comparing it to Israel's give and take

https://worldisraelnews.com/police-rescue-israelis-from-arab-lynch-mob-in-jerusalem/

Why do the Israelis allow the Arabs to escalate? If the Arabs lift a finger, clamp down right away. It's as if the Israelis never learn their lesson. The more you appease and allow them to wreck havok, the Arabs will just escalate with impunity. Just "bomb the **** out of them", as Trump said (I'm actually quoting Trump?).

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2021, 08:31:16 PM »
Can we keep the ideology to another thread and keep this discussion to the actual current events? Don't get me wrong: I love to hear the different points of view, but just not here/now.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Boruch Parnes

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2021, 08:48:47 PM »
Sirens just went off again   

Offline efflpetzel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2021, 09:09:32 PM »
In the simplest sense of the term - they came with guns, the Palestinians ran away, and the Jews seize their houses. Today those neighborhoods are known as Ramat Eshkol, Rechavia, Katamon, Telabiya, to name a few.

There is no problem with Jewish growth. The point is in 1930 the overwhelming majority of Israel was Palestinian. Much of their land was taken away from them.
You're a left wing kook who distorts history to suit your apologist narrative.

The Arabs overwhelmingly abandoned their neighborhoods & houses after being egged on by their imams that the Jews will slaughter them, by the time the Israelis came they were long gone.

History has shown over thousands of years again & again, that the only language the Arab understands is the one of force.

Time to change your username to BBC or CNN

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2021, 10:17:30 PM »

The point is in 1930 the overwhelming majority of Israel was Palestinian. Much of their land was taken away from them.

And what was North America before the British and the French came? What was Central and South America before the Spanish and the Portuguese came? What was Australia before the British came?

הצד השווה שבהן is that the overwhelming majority of land mass was deserted and undeveloped.

When it comes to EY, all we have to go by is what Rashi brings in Bereishis: אמר רבי יצחק: לא היה צריך להתחיל את התורה אלא מ"הַחֹדֶשׁ הַזֶּה לָכֶם" (שמות יב ב), שהיא מצוה ראשונה שנצטוו ישראל. ומה טעם פתח בבראשית? משום (תהלים קיא ו) "כֹּחַ מַעֲשָׂיו הִגִּיד לְעַמּוֹ לָתֵת לָהֶם נַחֲלַת גּוֹיִם". שאם יאמרו אומות העולם לישראל: "לסטים אתם שכבשתם ארצות שבעה גוים", הם אומרים להם: "כל הארץ של הקב"ה היא; הוא בראה ונתנה לאשר ישר בעיניו. ברצונו נתנה להם, וברצונו נטלה מהם ונתנה לנו".

It's 100% Theological. Don't try to argue sense or justice.

I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Toasted

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2021, 10:27:22 PM »
So you never vote? Basic math will show the miniscule probability that you affect the outcome.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2021, 10:28:18 PM »
Was always wondering why PG supports Dems so feverishly.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2021, 12:15:38 AM »
When it comes to EY, all we have to go by is what Rashi brings in Bereishis: אמר רבי יצחק: לא היה צריך להתחיל את התורה אלא מ"הַחֹדֶשׁ הַזֶּה לָכֶם" (שמות יב ב), שהיא מצוה ראשונה שנצטוו ישראל. ומה טעם פתח בבראשית? משום (תהלים קיא ו) "כֹּחַ מַעֲשָׂיו הִגִּיד לְעַמּוֹ לָתֵת לָהֶם נַחֲלַת גּוֹיִם". שאם יאמרו אומות העולם לישראל: "לסטים אתם שכבשתם ארצות שבעה גוים", הם אומרים להם: "כל הארץ של הקב"ה היא; הוא בראה ונתנה לאשר ישר בעיניו. ברצונו נתנה להם, וברצונו נטלה מהם ונתנה לנו".

I find it weird that this is being applied as being the basis for Zionist sovereignty over Israel.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2021, 02:21:22 AM »
other instances where Israeli law discriminates against Arabs. And yes, I have no problem with many of those cases including the law of return.

racist! bigot! judeo-supremacist!

an intelligent fellow like u, shouldnt fall so easily into such a simple trap, especially when pre warned
jews and arabs are not equal under israeli law.

they dont have any right of return laws, im sure deep down in your heart u are happy about this. (plz for ur own good, dont try to respond to this specific point)

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2021, 02:27:40 AM »
I find it weird that this is being applied as being the basis for Zionist sovereignty over Israel.
this is an intelligent grounded point which can be argued to death by sensible ppl from both sides, not just some post modern fuzzy sounding populist quote meant to make liberals feel warm in their heart as they self righteously recite it

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2021, 03:24:09 AM »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2021, 03:27:28 AM »
And what was North America before the British and the French came? What was Central and South America before the Spanish and the Portuguese came? What was Australia before the British came?

הצד השווה שבהן is that the overwhelming majority of land mass was deserted and undeveloped.

Did you realize the first half of your post is arguing with me while the second half is repeating exactly what I said?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2021, 03:44:14 AM »
You're a left wing kook who distorts history to suit your apologist narrative.

The Arabs overwhelmingly abandoned their neighborhoods & houses after being egged on by their imams that the Jews will slaughter them, by the time the Israelis came they were long gone.

History has shown over thousands of years again & again, that the only language the Arab understands is the one of force.

Time to change your username to BBC or CNN
That I’m a kook is well established and undisputed, the question is if I’m right or wrong.

There are several Arab towns whose population abandoned at gunpoint after being massacred. An early and famous example is Dir Yassin. https://he.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/פרשת_דיר_יאסין

The idea that Arabs who escaped before the guns arrived at their doorstep did so out of unjustified fear propagated by the imams is classic revisionist history. Sure, the leadership exaggerated the fear, but they didn’t create it.

There is zero historical or empirical evidence that Arabs respond to force or other means more or less than any other race. Christians have hurt Jews a lot more than Arabs over the years.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2021, 03:51:07 AM »
To me, the ultimate justification isn’t a theological right to the land, it’s simple survival.

Somebody starving to death who steals a piece of bread may be acting immorally, but it is better to act immorally than starve to death.

It was unfair to evict Arabs and steal their homes, but it was probably the only way Jews could’ve survived safely in Israel.

Sometimes the right thing is injustice.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2021, 04:14:21 AM »
https://twitter.com/simonerzim/status/1391869749303316483

The truth hurts.
what is so deeply horrifying?
that jews want their most holy site back?
that they are happy when those who have been murdering and maiming them for 100 years now, had a little fire?

"genocidal" , what a powerfully meaningless word in this context. nobody died from the fire, nobody was even hurt.
the jews didnt even light the fire, mind u genocidiot.
the arabs did. and they did it while firing fireworks at jews trying to murder and maim them.

but of course it all comes from our "genocidal animus".
u guys are sick, crazy, meek hearted, and self loathing.

i for one am happy that the arabs were not successful in their efforts yesterday to murder and maim jews. i am happy that instead of burning jews alive, they ended burning a stupid tree on har habayis. if only it would have ended up burning the one who fired it off.

if i was there i would most definitely have danced "yemach shimam", with a prayer on my lips that those who try to murder jews die a miserable death, and that their efforts may always backfire on themselves.

i have a healthy sense of wanting to live. i have a healthy sense of being happy when my enemies fail to kill me.

i am normal. u are crazy. period.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2021, 04:22:36 AM »
That I’m a kook is well established and undisputed, the question is if I’m right or wrong.
very sharp and well said line. good job bro.

There are several Arab towns whose population abandoned at gunpoint after being massacred. An early and famous example is Dir Yassin. https://he.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/פרשת_דיר_יאסין

why oh why do u blindly choose to believe the arab narrative of the story? the jews have a totally different version...

is it something that can be healed with pills or are u terminally hopeless?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2021, 04:30:13 AM »
Was always wondering why PG supports Dems so feverishly.
The truth is dearer to me than any position. In almost all major debates there is merit on both sides, but one side is better represented amongst us, so I tend take to defending the other side, and people will tend to remember more of the posts of mine that stood out and associate me with those, which is fine.

Understanding & defending one side isn't endorsing. As in this thread, I often present perspectives that are completely different than my own.  In court, your interest is usually to destroy the opposite side by hook or by crook and portray it as poorly as possible. In intelligent conversation, the goal is to understand the opponent's position even better than they do, and that doesn't preclude you from thinking the opposite view prevails.

Too much of the conversation is primal 'liberalism is a mental disorder', 'media is antisemitic', 'Arabs want to kill Jews', that just cancel the conversation and make us dumber - despite usually being grounded in reality.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 04:40:08 AM by PlatinumGuy »