Author Topic: War in Israel  (Read 157854 times)

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
Re: War in Israel
« Reply #660 on: May 13, 2021, 01:58:12 AM »
quoting this?
"
IDF chiefs to approve Gaza ground invasion plans later today, army says "

Yea

Offline m65

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 13, 2021, 02:13:48 AM »
End of Ramadan. Imagine you would be fasting every day. I don't know about you but I would be very hangry
totally understand them, every time im hungry or angry, i also go lynching people

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 13, 2021, 02:18:27 AM »
"We can perhaps forgive the Arabs for killing our boys, but it is much more difficult to forgive them for making our boys killers." -(attributed to) Golda Meir
i for one will never forgive them for any of the above.
and yes, id much rather see our boys being killers, than see our boys being killed.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country"- general patton

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 13, 2021, 02:54:14 AM »
"We can perhaps forgive the Arabs for killing our boys, but it is much more difficult to forgive them for making our boys killers." -(attributed to) Golda Meir

Midrash Tanchuma Metzora 1
 אָמַר רַבִּי אֶלְעָזָר, כָּל שֶׁנַּעֲשֶׂה רַחְמָן עַל הָאַכְזָרִי, לַסּוֹף נַעֲשֶׂה אַכְזָר עַל הָרַחְמָנִים. כְּתִיב: וַיַּחְמֹל שָׁאוּל עַל אֲגָג וְעַל מֵיטַב הַצֹּאן וְהַבָּקָר (ש״א טו, ט). וּכְתִיב בְּנֹב עִיר הַכֹּהֲנִים, וְאֶת נֹב עִיר הַכֹּהֲנִים הִכָּה לְפִי חֶרֶב (ש״א כב, יט).

I don't know why the secular opinions of Golda Meir are being quoted here. Going to war when one has to is a Mitzva. Would a Hatzala member be upset if he was Mechalel Shabbos to save someones life?

One should not and is even forbidden to take the law into their own hands but she wasn't referring to a incident like the lynching we saw last night.

And who is she to forgive the Arabs for killing our boys? A democratically elected Israeli leader does not represent Klal Yisroel (however much they think they do).

Offline pomy100

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 13, 2021, 03:00:32 AM »
BH it’s beautiful to see so many DDF’ers standing together against the terrible and senile prattle of platinum guy and the like. The situation in Israel is so so sad and some people on this chat want to talk about Israel’s bad actions and how chas Vshalom Israel is also at fault!?   Go join CNN and the Jew Haters for all that. Can’t we clear headed folk just band together in support for poor beautiful Jews huddling in bomb shelters across southern and center of Israel praying their life’s can go on!?   While in GAZA and across the Arab World they don’t give two craps about the Palestinians, they just care how many Jews they can kill and maim!!!!!

Offline SamDaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 13, 2021, 03:02:02 AM »
At least 59 people were injured in an alleged arson attack in city Heifa of Israel.

MDA, the local EMS in Israel say that they have treated at least 59 people, most for smoke inhalation, in the City Heifa, after a parking lot filled with a number of cars were set abalaze by local Arabs on the Ahavas Yisroel Street in Heifa shortly after 4:00 Am local time.
But I'm still proud to be from clev!

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 13, 2021, 03:35:53 AM »
At least 59 people were injured in an alleged arson attack in city Heifa of Israel.

MDA, the local EMS in Israel say that they have treated at least 59 people, most for smoke inhalation, in the City Heifa, after a parking lot filled with a number of cars were set abalaze by local Arabs on the Ahavas Yisroel Street in Heifa shortly after 4:00 Am local time.

I believe this was in the Visnitz area of Haifa.

Offline Happyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 13, 2021, 06:50:08 AM »

Offline Happyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 13, 2021, 06:50:33 AM »

Offline koplonko

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 13, 2021, 07:28:38 AM »

Offline Happyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 13, 2021, 07:37:25 AM »

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 13, 2021, 07:44:37 AM »
@Ergel The Arabs lynching Jews in this spate of violence came before any Jew lynched an Arab. I can tell you Israelis are at a boiling point when it comes to seeing Arabs rioting and burning our streets/homes/businesses/Shuls.
I live here. I get it. Not sure why that matters
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Happyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 13, 2021, 07:54:59 AM »
Gaza terrorists on Thursday afternoon fired a barrage of rockets at the cities of Ramat Gan, Kfar Chabad, Herzliya, Givat Shmuel, Tel Aviv, and other cities in central Israel.

A minute later, rockets were fired at Lakiya, Be'er Sheva, and various Bedouin settlements in the Negev.

Just prior to the long-range rocket fire at central Israel, a heavy barrage of rockets was fired at Jewish communities near Gaza, including Nirim, Ashkelon, Nir Am, Kfar Aza, Nahal Oz, Ashdod, Sdei Eliyahu, Sderot, and others.

It is estimated that within the span of several minutes, over 100 rockets were fired from Gaza at Israeli civilian centers.

Magen David Adom (MDA) reported that they have not received any calls regarding injuries from the rockets, other than a few calls regarding people who sustained light injuries on their way to bomb shelters, and a few people who were shell-shocked.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 13, 2021, 08:24:51 AM »

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #674 on: May 13, 2021, 08:33:31 AM »
One thing the violence against Arabs shows is how much popular support there is currently in Israel for more decisive action.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: May 13, 2021, 08:36:39 AM »
I know that this is a subject that is deeply personal to so many, and for good reason. But DDF has always (read: almost always) been a place where ideas are what is important and the answer to opposing viewpoints, even seemingly horrible ones, has always been to disprove them.

If the only answer to a dissenting view is by personally attacking other DDF members, you probably should rethink your argument.

/rant

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 13, 2021, 08:42:03 AM »
I know that this is a subject that is deeply personal to so many, and for good reason. But DDF has always (read: almost always) been a place where ideas are what is important and the answer to opposing viewpoints, even seemingly horrible ones, has always been to disprove them.

If the only answer to a dissenting view is by personally attacking other DDF members, you probably should rethink your argument.

/rant

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Anyone who posted something that this would apply to in this thread, then I’ve been meaning to tell you this myself but couldn’t find the right words.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 13, 2021, 08:46:18 AM »

/rant

These aren't regular dissenting views like Right or Left in US Politics. This is pure and simple hate towards fellow jews who are under attack.

Offline stmark

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 13, 2021, 08:56:28 AM »
the IDF/Israeli govt needs a PR person to go on mainstream media and have a legit talk with US anchor for a 30-60 minute interview going myths v facts 1 by 1 as to how this started and what is happening. and not in broken english.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #679 on: May 13, 2021, 08:57:14 AM »
These aren't regular dissenting views like Right or Left in US Politics. This is pure and simple hate towards fellow jews who are under attack.

No, it's just a dissenting view. I don't think anyone here can accuse @PlatinumGuy of hating Jews just because he presents controversial opinions. Push comes to shove, he's gone way above and beyond for Jews he's never met, as recently as Meiron. Everyone is emotional and on edge, especially those who have been running back and forth to bomb shelters, and sometimes that can make everything that isn't 100% supportive seem like a personal attack.

I will say that if the goal of posting dissenting views is to get people to think and see things from a different perspective, timing is everything. Posting when people aren't receptive to hearing it will only make them less likely to give you the time of day in the future.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.