Author Topic: War in Israel  (Read 157805 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: War in Israel
« Reply #700 on: May 13, 2021, 10:18:42 AM »
I may not agree with @PlatinumGuy's views on Hamas and Israel, but I still appreciate that there are opposing viewpoints that aren't just NK garbage.

I don't see the need to cancel him over his well articulated opinions, even if they are unpopular.
Inconsistency to the point that it can be called trolling may be reason for cancelling. Well articulated does not mean writing in proper english. It means having a consistent logical flow based on actual facts and not saying stupidity like that the same amount of Israelis want to kill Arabs as Arabs want to kill Israelis (or something along those lines-not loooking up the exact quote now). Debate doesn't mean telling people they need to prove the sky is blue. That means you are not trying to debate but rather to incite. Is that really better just because it was not directed at a specific individual?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 13, 2021, 10:20:12 AM »
There's a line between articulating unpopular opinions and spouting contrarianism just for the sake of it. Some of the stuff that has been said is so patently absurd it's hard to believe it's not the latter. I'm not out to "cancel" anyone, whatever that means, though I will say I should go back to avoiding the "show me the post" button.
I’m pretty good at avoiding the "show me the post" button. it is the quoting that gets me.

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 13, 2021, 10:21:52 AM »
Inconsistency to the point that it can be called trolling may be reason for cancelling. Well articulated does not mean writing in proper english. It means having a consistent logical flow based on actual facts and not saying stupidity like that the same amount of Israelis want to kill Arabs as Arabs want to kill Israelis (or something along those lines-not loooking up the exact quote now). Debate doesn't mean telling people they need to prove the sky is blue. That means you are not trying to debate but rather to incite. Is that really better just because it was not directed at a specific individual?
The problem is these things always have a degree of subjectivity so wherever you draw the red line someone will say it's unfair. That's how free speech works.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #703 on: May 13, 2021, 10:22:31 AM »

Thank you for doing my job for me

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 13, 2021, 10:23:55 AM »
Thank you for doing the job for all of us.
FTFM

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #705 on: May 13, 2021, 10:26:20 AM »
Reading these posts one would think the real enemy is not the terrorist.  >:(
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline pomy100

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 13, 2021, 10:29:30 AM »
Could Platinum guy or the like please explain to me why Yidden in Lod and Akko should sit back and watch their city burn or their home burn their families threatened their business razed and wait for the police to come when they fancy. Why not sit by their door with an M16 and give the bloodthirsty mobs something good to chew on?    These mobs wouldn’NT be so popular if they knew any guys car they tried blowing up would result in their kneecaps being blown off...

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 13, 2021, 10:31:24 AM »
Could Platinum guy or the like please explain to me why Yidden in Lod and Akko should sit back and watch their city burn or their home burn their families threatened their business razed and wait for the police to come when they fancy. Why not sit by their door with an M16 and give the bloodthirsty mobs something good to chew on?    These mobs wouldn’NT be so popular if they knew any guys car they tried blowing up would result in their kneecaps being blown off...
I think he would agree with most of that.

He says it's wrong but has to be done.

To me that makes it right. But not a idea situation to be in.

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 13, 2021, 10:34:09 AM »
Great take - https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/im-so-tired-2/

@Dan - she is from Cleveland
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 10:40:54 AM by NTorch »

Offline pomy100

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 13, 2021, 10:34:16 AM »
A possible answer why they’ve been so calm in return could be this hasn’t happened in 80 years and they’ve really lived pretty calmly together ....shame it’s never gonna be the same!!

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #710 on: May 13, 2021, 10:34:52 AM »

Sit by your door with an M16 and shoot anyone who wants to challenge you. But don't wait on the street to pull an Arab out of his car just because he dared to drive by you.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #711 on: May 13, 2021, 10:35:38 AM »
Sit by your door with an M16 and shoot anyone who wants to challenge you. But don't wait on the street to pull an Arab out of his car just because he dared to drive by you.
+1K.
Why is this hard to understand?!? Are we animals?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 13, 2021, 10:36:42 AM »
For sure. But don't think that won't happen to you if you drive anywhere near them because "prove to me they hate jews"

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #713 on: May 13, 2021, 10:38:14 AM »
Then what if the bloodthirsty mobs start using M16's? I get your point but it might not work out the way you think.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 13, 2021, 10:38:47 AM »
+1K.
Why is this hard to understand?!? Are we animals?
Is anyone here justifying this, that it’s even a conversation?

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 13, 2021, 10:39:19 AM »
For sure. But don't think that won't happen to you if you drive anywhere near them because "prove to me they hate jews"
Trust me, @Lurker knows that the Arab mobs are out for blood. But, what he is saying, is that we are not like that. I'm not sure why this has to be clarified.

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 13, 2021, 10:39:22 AM »
Then what if the bloodthirsty mobs start using M16's? I get your point but it might not work out the way you think.
What do you suggest? Dont self defend bc it might escalate? Remember, the police are pretty useless

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 13, 2021, 10:39:37 AM »
100%. But they’re the lowest scum of the earth while we are the holiest of holy.

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 13, 2021, 10:39:40 AM »
There's never a need for ad hominem attacks, though I can understand why people are seeing red from reading his views.

Even if he were 100% right though (which is not the case) he should still be careful of espousing those views:

1. Timing is inappropriate. Regardless of historical rights and wrongs there are good, harmless, innocent people being attacked and living in fear of being attacked. It is not the time to be making a case that they're wrong or even hint that they earned what they're getting.

2. Be careful of the company you keep. Those views align with the most vicious and rabid anti-semites, and they are used to justify cold blooded murder. I can't imagine why any yid would want to give the impression of endorsing those excuses.

(Let's not forget that when the jews in Jersey City were attacked the same type of arguments were used by city officials to remove sympathy and give justification)

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #719 on: May 13, 2021, 10:40:02 AM »
Reading these posts one would think the real enemy is not the terrorist.  >:(

Because discussing posts on an online forum must mean that we are no longer worry/care/think about a war currently underway?

We can and should be able to hold multiple truths in mind and discuss multiple ideas at the same time. That's why me finding videos of Jewish Israelis destroying Arab owned stores or lynching Arab Israelis "stomach churning" has nothing at all to do with my feelings towards Hamas rockets, or Arab lynchings of Jews, etc. This is a basic concept which is often missed by many. If I find the actions of an individual or group of Jews objectionable, that doesn't make me a "self-hating Jew". Likewise, if I object to a person's troll-like posts on the internet, that doesn't mean I think he is as bad as the guy firing rockets into Israel.