Author Topic: Geopolitics and Wars of Israel  (Read 64004 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Geopolitics and Wars of Israel
« Reply #540 on: May 27, 2021, 06:29:18 AM »
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=124662.msg2450710#msg2450710

i posted my reply in the wars of israel thread
I'll check that thread when I have more time and energy
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 27, 2021, 06:32:14 AM »
Chazon Ish

https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/אברהם_ישעיהו_קרליץ#הקמת_המדינה_ויחסו_אליה

Rav Shach

https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/אלעזר_מנחם_מן_שך#יחסו_לציונות_ולמדינת_ישראל

This is widely accepted and not at all disputed. It understandable that I get crucified for bringing facts that we prefer to forget, but surprising that it's happening about the mainstream accepted Charedi hashkafa.

If it wasn’t clear enough that mainstream charedi hashkafa believes Jewish territorial conquest in Israel provokes Arab terrorism and causes unnecessary loss of life, I happened to notice this gem in May 25's Yated (page 48 here - http://kolmakom.co.il/קטגוריות/עיתונים-מקומונים-ומגזינים/עיתונים-יומיים/עיתון-יומי-יתד-נאמן/?edition=27063)

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 27, 2021, 06:49:47 AM »
If it wasn’t clear enough that mainstream charedi hashkafa believes Jewish territorial conquest in Israel provokes Arab terrorism and causes unnecessary loss of life, I happened to notice this gem in May 25's Yated (page 48 here - http://kolmakom.co.il/קטגוריות/עיתונים-מקומונים-ומגזינים/עיתונים-יומיים/עיתון-יומי-יתד-נאמן/?edition=27063)

If it wasn't clear enough that your definition of what mainstream charedi hashkafa is has no connection to reality, this is the nail in the coffin. The same way you don't agree that the Hamas charter means all arabs who voted for them are anti semites, this doesn't indicate the view of Charedim. Even if it in some way does, it is a very small sub set of the Charedi public that profess to blanket subscribe to the views of this newspaper. This is besides the fact that they are trying to twist the psak from Rav Elyashiv zl into something political. He might have had similar political views, but the psak is a halachic psak and no more, evidenced by the fact that thay couldn't back it up with anything else. @PlatinumGuy what is your point here? You have your views, everyone else has theirs. Even if your views are the "real mainstream charedi hashkafa" that doesn't make them any more right or any more appealing, me thinks.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 27, 2021, 08:44:54 AM »
it is a very small sub set of the Charedi public that profess to blanket subscribe to the views of this newspaper.
It is generally accepted that Yated represents in theory at least the hashkafa of Rav Shach, and almost all non-sectarian charedi in Israel consider Rav Shach the father of modern charedi hashkafa.

This is besides the fact that they are trying to twist the psak from Rav Elyashiv zl into something political. He might have had similar political views, but the psak is a halachic psak and no more

Sending Shimon Peres 'to tell all the foreign Ambassadors that Jews are barred from the Temple Mount' is the epitome of a political stance, not 'Halachic Psak'

Even if your views are the "real mainstream charedi hashkafa" that doesn't make them any more right or any more appealing, me thinks.
At the very least it makes them legitimate, something many here are denying me.

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 27, 2021, 08:50:44 AM »
It is generally accepted that Yated represents in theory at least the hashkafa of Rav Shach, and almost all non-sectarian charedi in Israel consider Rav Shach the father of modern charedi hashkafa.

Sending Shimon Peres 'to tell all the foreign Ambassadors that Jews are barred from the Temple Mount' is the epitome of a political stance, not 'Halachic Psak'
At the very least it makes them legitimate, something many here are denying me.
Non-sectarian charedi- didnt know that exists. Maybe for certain litvish/yeshivish circles. Main point is what you said- "in theory" and not in anything much else.

Your right about it not being a psak, I need to read slower.

You give to much credit to what people consider legitimate. I think most people base this on their perception of what's true. You try to speak to what is true, I think the main factor is the perception and how to put together all the facts. That is something that one develops from his life experiences and not something you can prove wrong.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 27, 2021, 08:56:39 AM »
Non-sectarian charedi- didnt know that exists. Maybe for certain litvish/yeshivish circles. Main point is what you said- "in theory" and not in anything much else.
But even you aren't disputing that this article is, at least broadly, the view of Rav Shach.

You give to much credit to what people consider legitimate. I think most people base this on their perception of what's true. You try to speak to what is true, I think the main factor is the perception and how to put together all the facts. That is something that one develops from his life experiences and not something you can prove wrong.
I don't understand, but my point only is that a perspective espoused by such luminaries and followed by a significant chunk of the public cannot be dismissed as 'trolling', and I don't think you disagree.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:01:17 AM by PlatinumGuy »

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 27, 2021, 08:57:57 AM »
I'm saying that there is a reason racism is abhorrent, and to use that term to describe something completely different (and the difference is not just technical it is fundamental) is wrong and offensive
Wouldn't this also mean antisemitism isn't racist?

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 27, 2021, 09:04:38 AM »
But even you aren't disputing that this article is, at least broadly, the view of Rav Shach.
I don't understand, but my point only is that a perspective espoused by such luminaries and followed by a significant chunk of the public cannot be disregarded as 'trolling', and I don't think you disagree.
I'm not getting into what Rav Shachs views were and how and if your interpretation differs. To me it's clear that his views as I understand them and definitely as you understand them are not נחלת הכלל in any sense. From my experience it seems that the ציבור leans much more right than that in general. You call him a luminary, that your opinion and probably a good chunk of the litvish/yeshivishe public agrees. That is not most of the Charedi public by any means. The entire Sefardi public with all its different sectors, Chasidim and all their sectors, the modern but Charedi educated public, the different Baal Tshuva communities, I don't think any significant number of them would identify with Rav Shachs views. I think that they are near a fringe view today. You have to have a better argument for it than "Rav Shach said". The reason I don't want to get into what I think about the whole issue is that I think it's impossible to discuss the wide range of topics that affect this discussion on this kind of forum with the required depth.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #549 on: May 27, 2021, 12:42:08 PM »
Abu Ali Express via Telegram brought a synopsis of Yahya Sinwar's recent speech. MSM seems to be omitting the first point.

יחיא סנואר בנאום חייו: "המתנה הכי גדולה שיכול לתת לי הכיבוש היא ההתנקשות בי. אני כאן. מחכה לה" 

הערב נאם יחיא סנואר בשידור חי במשך כמעט שעתיים את הנאום החשוב בחייו,לפחות בראייתו.
הנאום היה לוחמני מאוד,יהיר, מתגרה ומשופע דברי רהב כלפי ישראל.

סנואר הקפיד להציג תמונת ניצחון מוחלטת של חמאס על ישראל לכל אורך הנאום, גם אם נאלץ לשם כך להשתמש בלא מעט שקרים במהלך הנאום. השומע מן הצד יכול לחשוב שישראל חרבה ובעזה בקושי נשברה זכוכית של חלון. יש חומר לכמה תוכניות של גיא זוהר ובדיקת עובדות.

לסנואר יש בהחלט יכולת רטורית מרשימה והוא בהחלט סיפק לא מעט כותרות הערב לצד גימיקים תקשורתיים מן המעלה הראשונה אותם אביא לפניכם לצד עיקרי דבריו:

1. אם הקהילה הבינלאומית תלחץ על ישראל לפרק את ההתנחלויות, לקיים את הדין הבינלאומי, להסיר את המצור, לסגת לגבולות 67 לאפשר שיבת הפליטים וכו', אז נסכים להודנה ארוכת טווח של 4-5 שנים לכל היותר.
אנו מתנגדים לקיומה של ישראל ובעד מחיקתה אך מוכנים לתת הודנה שכזו אם התנאים לעיל יתקיימו.

2. הפסקת האש היתה ללא תנאים משני הצדדים. אין הסכם/הסכמות מלבד נצירת האש.

3. ישנם 57 הרוגים לעז א-דין אלקסאם, 22 לג'האד האסלאמי ו 1 לחזית העממית ובסה"כ 80 פעילים צבאיים שנהרגו בסבב.

4. כמעט לא נהרס דבר מהתשתיות שלנו. אולי 5% מסדנאות הייצור. יש לנו 500 ק"מ מנהרות בעזה וגם אם דברי הכיבוש נכונים לפיהם נהרסו 100 ק"מ מנהרות הרי שמדובר ב 20% בלבד וגם זה לא נהרס.

5. סנואר פונה אל ערביי ישראל והגדה ומעביר אליהם את שרביט הלחימה. מציין כי יש בגדה ובישראל עשרת אלפים מתאבדים וקורא להם לפעול נגד ישראל ובככל זה באמצעות דריסה, סכינים והצתת אש.

6. שיגור רקטות מלבנון ומסוריה בעת הלחימה נעשה בתיאום מלא עם ההתנגדות בעזה. ההתנגדות בעזה עמדה בקשר מלא עם ההתנגדות בלבנון ואף קיבלה ממנה עצות תוך כדי לחימה.

7. בהמשך לנאום נסראללה אתמול סנואר אומר שבעימות הבא שיפרוץ סביב סוגיית ירושלים יצטרפו כל כוחות ההתנגדות הסובבים את ישראל. זו תהיה המערכה הגדולה.

8. בפני ההתנגדות בעזה אפשרויות נוספות כמו מחאה עממית שלווה ומחאה עממית אגרסיבית, דוגמת צעדות השיבה. סנואר אומר (לדעתי כפליטת פה-א"ע) שאנשי הזרועות הצבאיות של הפלגים הם אלה שהובילו את צעדות השיבה.

9. סנואר נתלה ביאסר ערפאת, הנחשב לאבי האומה הפלסטינית וסביבו יש קונצנזוס רחב ומציין את ניסיונו להבריח נשק לעזה באמצעות ספינת הנשק שנתפסה ב 2002 קארין איי. לדבריו על הספינה היו רקטות ארוכות טווח וטילי נ"ט, ממש כמו אלה שמייצרת חמאס (יש בכך מענה למחצה על הטענות כנגד שימוש ההתנגדות ברקטות כאלה).

10. סנואר מודה לאיראן על הסיוע הכספי שהיא נותנת להתנגדות בעזה ומציין שההתנגדות אינה זקוקה לכספי השיקום שיגיעו לעזה שכן מצבה מצויין והיא נהנית מהכנסות שוטפות גם מאיראן וגם מתורמים בחו"ל.

11. סנואר מציין, כמומחה לענייני ישראל, במענה לשאלת עיתונאי, כי למיטב הבנתו בפוליטיקה הישראלית, נתניהו לא סיים את תפקידו הפוליטי כי הוא יודע להמציא את עצמו בכל פעם מחדש.

12. אחת מנקודות השיא של הראיון מגיעות כאשר נשאל סנואר לגבי איומי גנץ לחסלו ולחסל את מחמד דף. כפי שציינתי בכותרת סנואר מצהיר שהוא מייחל לחיסול מצדה של ישראל ואף מוסיף כי בתוך כשעה מסיום הראיון הוא הולך להסתובב רגלית בעזה, ללא מלווים (כדי שלא יחשבו כמגן אנושי) והוא מחכה לכך שגנץ יממש את איומו. סנואר ממליץ לגנץ שלא לאיים אם לא הוא לא מתכוון לממש כי אחרת הוא יוצא רע(If you want to shoot, shoot don't talk בגרסת סנואר). לדבריו עדיף לו מוות מפצצת F16 על פני מוות מקורונה או זקנה.

13. כגימיק נוסף, חוזר סנואר על דבריו של דובר הזרוע הצבאית של חמאס ומציין כי לתקוף את תל אביב ברקטות קל לו יותר מאשר לשתות מים ואז הוא שותה כוס מים בהפגנתיות כפי שתראו בסרטון המצורף.

לסיכום נאום מרשים בהחלט. יש בו את כל מה שצריך (גם משפטית)  כדי שתחתם עוד היום פקודת החיסול של סנואר.יחיא סנואר בנאום חייו: "המתנה הכי גדולה שיכול לתת לי הכיבוש היא ההתנקשות בי. אני כאן. מחכה לה" 

הערב נאם יחיא סנואר בשידור חי במשך כמעט שעתיים את הנאום החשוב בחייו,לפחות בראייתו.
הנאום היה לוחמני מאוד,יהיר, מתגרה ומשופע דברי רהב כלפי ישראל.

סנואר הקפיד להציג תמונת ניצחון מוחלטת של חמאס על ישראל לכל אורך הנאום, גם אם נאלץ לשם כך להשתמש בלא מעט שקרים במהלך הנאום. השומע מן הצד יכול לחשוב שישראל חרבה ובעזה בקושי נשברה זכוכית של חלון. יש חומר לכמה תוכניות של גיא זוהר ובדיקת עובדות.

לסנואר יש בהחלט יכולת רטורית מרשימה והוא בהחלט סיפק לא מעט כותרות הערב לצד גימיקים תקשורתיים מן המעלה הראשונה אותם אביא לפניכם לצד עיקרי דבריו:

1. אם הקהילה הבינלאומית תלחץ על ישראל לפרק את ההתנחלויות, לקיים את הדין הבינלאומי, להסיר את המצור, לסגת לגבולות 67 לאפשר שיבת הפליטים וכו', אז נסכים להודנה ארוכת טווח של 4-5 שנים לכל היותר.
אנו מתנגדים לקיומה של ישראל ובעד מחיקתה אך מוכנים לתת הודנה שכזו אם התנאים לעיל יתקיימו.

2. הפסקת האש היתה ללא תנאים משני הצדדים. אין הסכם/הסכמות מלבד נצירת האש.

3. ישנם 57 הרוגים לעז א-דין אלקסאם, 22 לג'האד האסלאמי ו 1 לחזית העממית ובסה"כ 80 פעילים צבאיים שנהרגו בסבב.

4. כמעט לא נהרס דבר מהתשתיות שלנו. אולי 5% מסדנאות הייצור. יש לנו 500 ק"מ מנהרות בעזה וגם אם דברי הכיבוש נכונים לפיהם נהרסו 100 ק"מ מנהרות הרי שמדובר ב 20% בלבד וגם זה לא נהרס.

5. סנואר פונה אל ערביי ישראל והגדה ומעביר אליהם את שרביט הלחימה. מציין כי יש בגדה ובישראל עשרת אלפים מתאבדים וקורא להם לפעול נגד ישראל ובככל זה באמצעות דריסה, סכינים והצתת אש.

6. שיגור רקטות מלבנון ומסוריה בעת הלחימה נעשה בתיאום מלא עם ההתנגדות בעזה. ההתנגדות בעזה עמדה בקשר מלא עם ההתנגדות בלבנון ואף קיבלה ממנה עצות תוך כדי לחימה.

7. בהמשך לנאום נסראללה אתמול סנואר אומר שבעימות הבא שיפרוץ סביב סוגיית ירושלים יצטרפו כל כוחות ההתנגדות הסובבים את ישראל. זו תהיה המערכה הגדולה.

8. בפני ההתנגדות בעזה אפשרויות נוספות כמו מחאה עממית שלווה ומחאה עממית אגרסיבית, דוגמת צעדות השיבה. סנואר אומר (לדעתי כפליטת פה-א"ע) שאנשי הזרועות הצבאיות של הפלגים הם אלה שהובילו את צעדות השיבה.

9. סנואר נתלה ביאסר ערפאת, הנחשב לאבי האומה הפלסטינית וסביבו יש קונצנזוס רחב ומציין את ניסיונו להבריח נשק לעזה באמצעות ספינת הנשק שנתפסה ב 2002 קארין איי. לדבריו על הספינה היו רקטות ארוכות טווח וטילי נ"ט, ממש כמו אלה שמייצרת חמאס (יש בכך מענה למחצה על הטענות כנגד שימוש ההתנגדות ברקטות כאלה).

10. סנואר מודה לאיראן על הסיוע הכספי שהיא נותנת להתנגדות בעזה ומציין שההתנגדות אינה זקוקה לכספי השיקום שיגיעו לעזה שכן מצבה מצויין והיא נהנית מהכנסות שוטפות גם מאיראן וגם מתורמים בחו"ל.

11. סנואר מציין, כמומחה לענייני ישראל, במענה לשאלת עיתונאי, כי למיטב הבנתו בפוליטיקה הישראלית, נתניהו לא סיים את תפקידו הפוליטי כי הוא יודע להמציא את עצמו בכל פעם מחדש.

12. אחת מנקודות השיא של הראיון מגיעות כאשר נשאל סנואר לגבי איומי גנץ לחסלו ולחסל את מחמד דף. כפי שציינתי בכותרת סנואר מצהיר שהוא מייחל לחיסול מצדה של ישראל ואף מוסיף כי בתוך כשעה מסיום הראיון הוא הולך להסתובב רגלית בעזה, ללא מלווים (כדי שלא יחשבו כמגן אנושי) והוא מחכה לכך שגנץ יממש את איומו. סנואר ממליץ לגנץ שלא לאיים אם לא הוא לא מתכוון לממש כי אחרת הוא יוצא רע(If you want to shoot, shoot don't talk בגרסת סנואר). לדבריו עדיף לו מוות מפצצת F16 על פני מוות מקורונה או זקנה.

13. כגימיק נוסף, חוזר סנואר על דבריו של דובר הזרוע הצבאית של חמאס ומציין כי לתקוף את תל אביב ברקטות קל לו יותר מאשר לשתות מים ואז הוא שותה כוס מים בהפגנתיות כפי שתראו בסרטון המצורף.

לסיכום נאום מרשים בהחלט. יש בו את כל מה שצריך (גם משפטית)  כדי שתחתם עוד היום פקודת החיסול של סנואר.

For @CountValentine and others that might not understand Hebrew (I didn't look for the original Arabic online yet) that first point translates:

If the international community will pressure Israel to disband the settlements, to obey international law, to remove the blockade, to withdraw to 1967 borders and allow the return of all refugees etc., then we might agree to a long-term truce of 4-5 years at most.

We oppose the existence of the State of Israel and would like to see it erased. But if the above conditions are met, we are willing to grant a truce.

This is why the US (and some Israelis) are doing everything in an attempt to strengthen Mahmoud Abbas, and leave him in power, but IMHO it is totally futile. EVERYONE knows that if there was a true democratic process Hamas would take over.

Full speech and press conference here:

Didn't find transcript (which would obviously be easier to translate) yet. I would guess MEMRI.org might have excerpts online sooner or later.

ETA: MEMRI.ORG did post exceprts online. The point made above which the MSM isn't reporting on starts at 9:50 on the MEMRI clip.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 01:09:23 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 27, 2021, 02:32:08 PM »
EVERYONE knows that if there was a true democratic process Hamas would take over.
In a conventional democratic process terrorists aren't allowed to be on the ballot (like in Israel) or at least are constitutionally prevented from enacting their violent agenda.

It is true that Hamas would almost certainly win a popular vote in both Gaza and the West Bank, but there is much debate if that is because of their violence or in spite of it, and if Israel intentionally weakened the PA to 'divide and conquer'.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 27, 2021, 04:15:19 PM »
The top United Nations human rights body decided on Thursday to create an open-ended international investigation into Israel’s treatment of Palestinians, after the UN rights chief said Israeli forces may have committed war crimes and faulted the Hamas terror group for violations of international law in their 11-day war this month.

The 24-9 vote, with 14 abstentions, capped a special Human Rights Council session on the rights situation faced by Palestinians. The session and the resolution were arranged by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, which has strongly supported the Palestinians in their conflicts with Israel.

Israel rejected the resolution, saying it would not cooperate with such a probe. The Foreign Ministry said the move “completely ignores the 4,300 rockets toward Israeli citizens” fired from Gaza during the recent bout of fighting. It called the decision a “moral stain on the international community and the UN.”

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 27, 2021, 04:16:15 PM »

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #553 on: May 27, 2021, 04:24:20 PM »
Don't understand the whitewash part. Do any of them disagree Hamas violate international human rights law (AKA war crimes)?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 27, 2021, 04:27:44 PM »
Don't understand the whitewash part. Do any of them disagree Hamas violate international human rights law (AKA war crimes)?
Do you see any investigation into Hamas' war crimes?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 27, 2021, 04:29:24 PM »
No but seen statements they committed war crimes.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 27, 2021, 04:29:46 PM »
What's the point to investigate something that is glaringly obvious and admitted by the defendant? The UN condemns Hamas all day long

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 27, 2021, 04:30:09 PM »
No but seen statements they committed war crimes.
By the UN Human Rights Council?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 27, 2021, 04:32:02 PM »
By the UN Human Rights Council?
Yes, seems they are investigating both.

"Michelle Bachelet, the U.N. high commissioner for human rights, earlier told the council that deadly Israeli strikes on Gaza might constitute war crimes and that Hamas had violated international humanitarian law by firing rockets into Israel."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians-un-idUSKCN2D80YQ

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 27, 2021, 04:34:13 PM »
The top United Nations human rights body decided on Thursday to create an open-ended international investigation into Israel’s treatment of Palestinians, after the UN rights chief said Israeli forces may have committed war crimes and faulted the Hamas terror group for violations of international law in their 11-day war this month.

The 24-9 vote, with 14 abstentions, capped a special Human Rights Council session on the rights situation faced by Palestinians. The session and the resolution were arranged by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, which has strongly supported the Palestinians in their conflicts with Israel.

Israel rejected the resolution, saying it would not cooperate with such a probe. The Foreign Ministry said the move “completely ignores the 4,300 rockets toward Israeli citizens” fired from Gaza during the recent bout of fighting. It called the decision a “moral stain on the international community and the UN.”
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1397960748270338048

No European country voted in favor. Would that have happened if Trump was in office?