Topic Wiki

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=124704.msg2444683#msg2444683
@CGR
Thanks! Was going to start a thread on this now.
I have a full writeup in my signature link but here are some details:

The program provides:
-up to $50 per month towards broadband service
-a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet (applicants must contribute $10-$50 toward the purchase price)
This program stacks with the FCC’s existing Lifeline Program, so you can receive both Lifeline and the Emergency Broadband Benefit on the same service.

The program will end once funds have been exhausted, or 6 months after the Department of Health and Human Services lifts the Covid emergency- whichever comes first. Your provider will notify you when your benefit is scheduled to end.

At least one household member must be enrolled in one of the following programs for the household to qualify:
-Lifeline program
-Free and reduced-price school lunch program (students who were enrolled in the 2019-2020 school year but are currently homeschooled are also eligible)
-Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
-Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 (additionally, total household income must be below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers for the 2020 tax year)
-If your broadband provider is currently running a low-income or covid program that is income based and you qualify, you can qualify for this as well

The Emergency Broadband Benefit application opened on May 12, 2021. There are 3 ways one can apply for this program:
-Through your broadband provider
-Online via the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program website (https://www.getemergencybroadband.org/#)
-By calling 833-511-0311 and mailing in the necessary documents
If you are rejected AA (apply again ;) )
« Last edited by Joel on June 04, 2021, 04:08:46 PM »

Author Topic: $50 Off Internet (with eligibility regs)  (Read 29301 times)

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: $50 Off Internet (with eligibility regs)
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2022, 12:28:27 PM »
And those that were eligible due to being on a gov. program, like say, SNAP?
For now, it's only certain that those that qualified based on a covid-related income reduction will need to recertify.
For all others the FCC says "More information about actions current Emergency Broadband Benefit recipients will need to take to continue receiving the Affordable Connectivity Program benefit after the transition period will be available in the coming weeks.".

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2022, 10:19:04 AM »
Huh??

I followed Optimum's directions, first signing up and getting approved for ACP on the government website, and then I applied through Optimum, giving them the confirmation of eligibility from the gov website.

Now I got this email from Optimum:
Unfortunately, we are unable to enroll you at this time for the Affordable Connectivity Program credit with Optimum because our records indicate that you're already participating in the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Thanks for being an Optimum customer.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2022, 06:56:23 PM »
Huh??

I followed Optimum's directions, first signing up and getting approved for ACP on the government website, and then I applied through Optimum, giving them the confirmation of eligibility from the gov website.

Worst CSR
["-"]

Offline Mf1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2022, 10:38:54 PM »
I have had ebb with FiOS but thinking to switch to optimum now that it's going down to $30.
I know there have been some discussion here of the difficulty of getting ebb with optimum.
Any tips to make this a smoother process ?

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2022, 09:58:30 PM »
Has anyone succeeded in switching to this program?
Huh??

@YitzyS any luck?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2022, 10:04:09 PM »
Has anyone succeeded in switching to this program?@YitzyS any luck?
I forgot to deal with it, and they just charged me $70 today. So IyH on Monday I'm going to get back to work on this.

Offline ae123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2022, 11:16:21 PM »
We received an email from Optimum that the switch to the new program would be automatic.
Today we received our bill and it's showing a $30 ACP credit.
But something doesn't make sense.
The credit went down from $50 to $30, which should make our bill go up by $20.
Yet, our bill went up $35 from $15 to $50.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 11:22:39 PM by ae123 »

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2022, 11:30:07 PM »
We received an email from Optimum that the switch to the new program would be automatic.
Today we received our bill and it's showing a $30 ACP credit.
But something doesn't make sense.
The credit went down from $50 to $30, which should make our bill go up by $20.
Yet, our bill went up $35 from $15 to $50.
Just checked and looks like the credit was applied, but same situation as you. We were paying $55, it went down to $5 with the $50 credit, and now I see the bill has the $30 credit applied but the price is $40.. Looks like they increased the price by $45, then applied a $30 credit.

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2022, 12:21:06 AM »
Just checked my bill. Also weird stuff.

I see that they never charged me $25 last month (which is usually auto-pay) so the $70 this month reflects last month's bill plus $43 (plus $2 taxes and fees) - and there IS a $30 ACP credit applied. But pre-EBB, my bill was generally about $65-$68 each month, and this month's bill (before the ACP credit) was $73.

Not the biggest deal, but I'll try to do a more thorough analysis of the price breakdown tomorrow.

Offline a1234

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2022, 12:52:21 AM »
Regarding a phone or mobile hotspot plan, any recommendations to which provider to go with to get the most out of the benefits, and the $100 credit towards a device?

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2022, 02:43:44 PM »
Just checked my bill. Also weird stuff.

I see that they never charged me $25 last month (which is usually auto-pay) so the $70 this month reflects last month's bill plus $43 (plus $2 taxes and fees) - and there IS a $30 ACP credit applied. But pre-EBB, my bill was generally about $65-$68 each month, and this month's bill (before the ACP credit) was $73.

Not the biggest deal, but I'll try to do a more thorough analysis of the price breakdown tomorrow.
Did you ever figure it out?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #171 on: July 18, 2022, 12:15:46 AM »
What’s with the new DDMS ad?

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2022, 01:27:50 PM »
I have been receiving the following email DAILY.
Any idea what's going on?
Hi xxxx,

You've been successfully enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program. A monthly credit will be applied to your Internet service and equipment costs before your next bill is prepared, which means you'll see the credit within your next two bills, depending on the date you were enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program and when your monthly bill is closed to changes.

This program is funded by the Federal Government and you may be required to annually recertify that you're still eligible for the program. The Universal Service Administrative Company (or USAC) performs recertifications for Optimum subscribers. This means that instead of getting a request to recertify from us, you may get a notice from USAC directly. The notice will provide you instructions on any necessary steps you need to take and the due date. Make sure we have your most up to date email address so that you'll receive all future communications.

Please visit us anytime at optimum.com/acp for more information about the Affordable Connectivity Program or call us at 866.347.4216 to make any changes to your account (e.g., upgrade your Internet service).

If you have a concern about the Affordable Connectivity Program that we haven't resolved, you may reach out to the FCC's Consumer Complaint Center online at consumercomplaints.fcc.gov or by calling 888-CALL-FCC (888-225-5322).

Thanks for being an Optimum customer.

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2022, 01:30:42 PM »
Same here getting annoying

Online YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2022, 01:47:08 PM »
I also got that email 3 times in the last 2 day. This is after I got an email a month or so ago saying that I was denied...

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2024, 06:37:34 PM »
ACP may end by April if congress doesn’t continue funding it.

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2024, 09:14:37 PM »
ACP may end by April if congress doesn’t continue funding it.
And the government will shut down if congress won't continue to fund it

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2024, 10:58:43 AM »
EMail I received from Optimum

optimum.   
What you need to know
Leer en español      View online

The Affordable Connectivity
Program may end in
Apri‌l 2‌024
Dear           ,

Because you are an Optimum customer currently enrolled in the Federal Government's Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), we're writing to let you know about some important program updates.

As of today, Congress has not approved additional funding to keep the ACP running. As a result, the ACP may end in the coming months - as early as Apri‌l 2‌024. If the federal program is not re-funded by Congress, your household will no longer receive the ACP benefit that is currently being applied to your Optimum account.

While the outcome of the ACP is beyond our control, Optimum is fully committed to providing you with affordable internet options to keep you connected.

Please look out for communications from us in the coming weeks about important changes to the program and your benefit. You're our number one priority, and we'll keep you informed on how to stay connected to your Optimum service with options to meet your needs and budget.

At this point, no action is needed on your part.

Thank you for trusting us to keep you connected.

Optimum

Offline a1234

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2024, 08:37:58 PM »
This from boost:

Dear

You are currently enrolled the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a federal government program that provides a monthly discount of up to $30 (or $75 for those residing on Tribal lands) for your wireless service, including broadband/internet.

On January 11, 2024, the FCC announced that the ACP may run out of money if Congress does not pass more funding for the program. However, your benefit will continue until the funding expires. Boost Mobile will notify you at least 30 days before your benefit ends and we are ready to assist you during such a transition period. At the conclusion of the ACP, you may continue or change your service with Boost Mobile without the ACP discount or cancel your service.

Boost Mobile is committed to providing you affordable wireless service with plans as low as $15/ per month to keep you and your family connected.

If you would like to continue receiving your ACP discount, go to http://p2a.co/VHeG0SM to email your two Senators and House Representative in Congress today to SAVE ACP. Please tell them how important this program is to you. You can also find phone numbers to call Congressional offices here: http://congress.gov/members.

If you have any questions about this notice, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/plans/acp-wind-down or call Customer Care at 1- 833-502-6678.

Thanks for being a valued Boost Mobile customer. We look forward to continue serving you.

Boost Mobile

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2024, 09:15:08 PM »
From Verizon (Fios)

The Affordable Connectivity Program may be ending.

Account number ending in:

Hi ,

You’re currently receiving a monthly discount on your internet service as a participant in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The ACP is part of the Federal infrastructure package adopted by Congress in November 2021 and was designed to provide financial assistance to eligible households through a temporary discount on data plans or internet service.

Funding for the ACP is expected to run out in a few months, which means the program will end unless Congress approves additional funding.  If the program ends, you will no longer receive the ACP monthly discount of up to $30 on your internet service. However, Verizon will still provide a discount of up to $20 a month with the Verizon Forward program, which helps provide affordable access to high quality internet service. As long as you remain a Verizon customer, there’s no action for you to take to receive the Verizon Forward discount, even if the ACP ends. 

Verizon is committed to bridging the digital divide by investing in communities and providing affordable access to high quality broadband service. We understand the importance of this program to our customers and have been actively advocating with Congress for its continuance. We encourage you to join us in telling congress how important the ACP is to you at this link Save ACP - US Tech Future. 

As we receive additional information on the future of the ACP, we will share it with you – we expect to send another update in March. If you'd like more information on the Affordable Connectivity Program, visit verizon.com/affordableconnectivityprogram/
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.