Author Topic: AA TLV-NYC  (Read 4297 times)

Offline StoreLeor

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
AA TLV-NYC
« on: May 13, 2021, 05:53:20 AM »
Planning on flying the new AA TLV-NYC route soon, and when I called to reserve a KSML meal, and the phone agent told me AA is not taking requests for meals at this point due to COVID-19.
Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Offline Yoel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Gold Medallion, Premier Platinum
Re: AA TLV-NYC
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 05:09:55 PM »
i was able to reserve online for a flight next week

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 05:11:35 PM »
AA only reserves meals within 30 days.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Jack out of the box

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 04:16:30 AM »
We had a flight booked later this week (Wed night) TLV-JFK and returning 2 weeks later. We had booked using mileage for a web-special of 60,000 points each round-trip direct. Motzei Shabbos we noticed that the flight was showing cancelled with an option to choose a new outbound flight. We may have considered the Thursday night flight (arrival 6 am Friday) but when we checked again on Monday night that flight was already showing as delayed - 10am Fri departure, 3:30 pm Erev Shabbos arrival in NY traffic-land.

We called AA and they wanted to book us on just whatever flights would be convenient for the airline but certain days (of week) work for us and certain days don't. Some of the agents had a hard time understanding that A) if we go later then we also want to come back later to still have 2 weeks there, B) since it was the airline who cancelled the flight (far in advance at that) and not us, we should not be forced to pay a higher fare to fly on the day of our choice. Our request that they place us on Elal (which is flying) got a flat out "no". After some HUCA + supervisor we got someone who actually told us that there is a note in the system regarding rebookings for this week's cancelled flights. The replacement itinerary may contain an outbound flight until June 15th and they do try to preserve the length of the trip. (Unfortunately many dates were fully booked - you cannot even buy a seat for cash.)

We managed to book for dates which work for us in June without paying extra.

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 07:19:13 AM »
I had a terrible customer service experience with AA yesterday, to the point where I will be cancelling my Aviator Silver card and tweeting them a pic of the cut-up card, and of course never flying with them again.  The previous post is not surprising.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 09:58:55 PM »
I had a terrible customer service experience with AA yesterday, to the point where I will be cancelling my Aviator Silver card and tweeting them a pic of the cut-up card, and of course never flying with them again.  The previous post is not surprising.

So sorry you had to experience something so horrible. Not willing to share/publicize the specifics?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 10:27:54 PM »
Their CS and ops is the worst, but let's hear details.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 04:29:22 AM »
Their CS and ops is the worst, but let's hear details.

In fairness to AA, I was partly to blame, but since writing, the situation has been resolved so I'd rather not get into the details too much.  It took multiple HUCA, Twitter, and a formal email to CS.  In the end, an amazing representative, super super rosh gadol (let's say the kind of thinking that would go far in the points/miles/deals world...), came through.  I really was ready to sever all ties with AA over this and he truly saved the day and my trip.

Offline cohen220

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 10:24:51 AM »
Speaking of AA flights TLV/JFK - I was scheduled to fly for Shavuot but flight was cancelled because of the civil unrest in the region. I called for a refund as soon as the flight was cancelled and was assured that we would receive a full refund to the original form of payment. A few hours later received email that the refund request was rejected. Called up AA and was told I was definitely eligible for a refund and it was probably just the system automatically rejecting the refund, so they said to send a follow up email and now I received this as a response --

We appreciate another opportunity to address your concerns.

We understand there are times that, due to situations out of our control, we have to make changes to our travel plans. American Airlines offers fares that may allow for more flexibility in these types of situations and are currently allowing passengers to make a change to their non-refundable ticket without a fee. A difference in fare may apply.

While a refund is not an option, we are optimistic you’ll be able to travel with us soon and look forward to seeing you onboard. Please call 800-433-7300 to rebook your ticket or check your available credit.

Sincerely,

American Airlines Passenger Refunds

What now? I filed a complaint with the DOT. Anything else to do?
Be yourself, everyone else is taken!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 10:40:01 AM »
Speaking of AA flights TLV/JFK - I was scheduled to fly for Shavuot but flight was cancelled because of the civil unrest in the region. I called for a refund as soon as the flight was cancelled and was assured that we would receive a full refund to the original form of payment. A few hours later received email that the refund request was rejected. Called up AA and was told I was definitely eligible for a refund and it was probably just the system automatically rejecting the refund, so they said to send a follow up email and now I received this as a response --

We appreciate another opportunity to address your concerns.

We understand there are times that, due to situations out of our control, we have to make changes to our travel plans. American Airlines offers fares that may allow for more flexibility in these types of situations and are currently allowing passengers to make a change to their non-refundable ticket without a fee. A difference in fare may apply.

While a refund is not an option, we are optimistic you’ll be able to travel with us soon and look forward to seeing you onboard. Please call 800-433-7300 to rebook your ticket or check your available credit.

Sincerely,

American Airlines Passenger Refunds

What now? I filed a complaint with the DOT. Anything else to do?
HUCA or wait for the DOT complaint or dispute the charge.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 10:40:27 AM »
In fairness to AA, I was partly to blame, but since writing, the situation has been resolved so I'd rather not get into the details too much.  It took multiple HUCA, Twitter, and a formal email to CS.  In the end, an amazing representative, super super rosh gadol (let's say the kind of thinking that would go far in the points/miles/deals world...), came through.  I really was ready to sever all ties with AA over this and he truly saved the day and my trip.
Details please :D

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 10:52:56 AM »
HUCA or wait for the DOT complaint or dispute the charge.
I was booked with Amex Travel and called to get a refund since AA cancelled the flight. It's a week later and I didn't get the refund yet, so I logged into my account and I see they gave me a travel credit instead.  >:(

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 06:56:47 PM »
is there a way to reserve KSML online?

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 11:04:51 PM »
I was booked with Amex Travel and called to get a refund since AA cancelled the flight. It's a week later and I didn't get the refund yet, so I logged into my account and I see they gave me a travel credit instead.  >:(
So according to an Amex Travel supervisor, until the refund is processed by AA it will show up as a future flight credit. She said in her experience it currently takes them around 30 days to process right now, but can take up to 12 weeks.

Is she right? Or is it DROPR? Is AA within legal rights to take so long to process refunds (especially as they are flush with bailout money)?

Offline Jack out of the box

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 05:19:21 PM »
is there a way to reserve KSML online?
I don't know if you can book online but we were told by a supervisor that special meals cannot be booked more than 30 days ahead.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2021, 05:48:53 PM »
I don't know if you can book online but we were told by a supervisor that special meals cannot be booked more than 30 days ahead.
have flight in 2 weeks, hold time is 2+ hours

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2021, 05:49:56 PM »
have flight in 2 weeks, hold time is 2+ hours
DM on Twitter

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2021, 06:35:36 PM »
until the refund is processed by AA it will show up as a future flight credit.
That part I can confirm from my experience.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2021, 06:40:54 PM »
DM on Twitter
thank u.
i just messaged them, will report back

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2021, 07:32:38 PM »
That part I can confirm from my experience.
Thank you, I appreciate that piece of info.

It would be useful if this could be noted somewhere, as it is very confusing.