Author Topic: AA TLV-NYC  (Read 4391 times)

Offline StoreLeor

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AA TLV-NYC
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2021, 05:49:50 AM »
i was able to reserve online for a flight next week
How did you do this? I can't find the meal reservations anywhere on their website.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2021, 11:35:12 AM »
Thank you, I appreciate that piece of info.

It would be useful if this could be noted somewhere, as it is very confusing.
In general, calling AA may be more productive than Amex Online Travel which has horrendous CS.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2021, 01:55:07 PM »
In general, calling AA may be more productive than Amex Online Travel which has horrendous CS.
I found Amex Travel service to be outstanding. No call wait times, and very helpful. AA Twitter DM was useless and the Platinum line had a 7 hour wait. If this how they treat their elites...

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2021, 05:00:21 PM »
How did you do this? I can't find the meal reservations anywhere on their website.
+1

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »
americanair sent you a Direct Message.
We’re so sorry but there are currently system issues that prevent us from doing this and the same issues are affecting our Reservations team over the phone. You can check back with us in a few hours and we can see if we can help here. Please know our teams are engaged to fix this as quickly as possible. We apologize again.   

Offline StoreLeor

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2021, 03:49:32 AM »
+1
I sent a DM on Twitter and they took of it for me.

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2021, 04:28:44 AM »
So according to an Amex Travel supervisor, until the refund is processed by AA it will show up as a future flight credit. She said in her experience it currently takes them around 30 days to process right now, but can take up to 12 weeks.

Is she right? Or is it DROPR? Is AA within legal rights to take so long to process refunds (especially as they are flush with bailout money)?
submit through aa.com/refunds and goes within a week generally

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2021, 07:38:22 AM »
Details please :D

I had booked one of the $365 "mistake" fares, and flights on my travel dates were cancelled due to the war.  AA's travel alert allowed for making one change with no change fee or fare difference.

In the app, I was only presented with two new departure options: the day after my planned flight and the day after that, with no way to pick another date, despite the travel alert allowing changes through June 15.  So I decided to chat via the app and see about picking other dates.  Shortly after the agent connected and I explained what my problem was, there was a siren and we all rushed to the safe room.  I was distracted and didn't notice that the return date I asked about was one day prior to what I actually needed (the flights from JFK leave shortly after midnight, so it doesn't actually count as a "day").

Literally minutes later, I chatted back in to fix the mistake, and was told to call instead. I called and the agent refused, as well as his supervisor (not to mention his terrible arrogance in chastising me "the policy allows for one free change, not one free change and another one a few minutes later").  I then tried Twitter, and that team also refused to help.

Then I tried a formal email to the main customer experience team. I received a "gracious" response allowing me to make another change --- but with fare difference.  That was essentially no response at all and highly insulting as the agent clearly didn't bother reading my email or checking my ticket rules (I could have made a change with fare difference without any special permission).  I replied back in nicer words to please review my email and ticket and all records again, as my grievance was left unaddressed.  They replied that "it wouldn't be fair to others, sorry."

The following day, I called another phone rep. that refused to help.  Then I just said "what the heck" and called one last time a few hours later, and started off the conversation with the agent in a very depressed manner ("I'm sure you can't help me at all since nobody else was willing to...").

Well, at first he said he couldn't help either.  But then he said to wait a minute, checked something, and started asking me questions about how I made the change.  So I told him it was via chat, and he said "Well you did it through chat because you probably didn't want to wait hours on the phone, right?"

Then it clicked: he was essentially trying to guide my train of thought and put the words in my mouth to get me to say that the mistake would not have occurred had I been able to do it myself on the site.  So that's exactly what I said.  He asked for my email, and after a brief hold, told me to take a look at what was sent: new tickets for the right dates!

After the dust settled, he said if I had done it myself, he couldn't have helped.  But because there was manual intervention, he was able to explain that there was a misunderstanding and get approval.  Food for thought if you ever need to make a change and want a YMMV semblance of Plan B to make one more change!

I was so upset because I literally contacted them minutes later, these flights have wide-open availability, and it was matter of one day and clearly a mistake.  El Al (obviously not world renowned for their CS) was gracious enough to allow a change with no fee or fare difference on a recent flight, despite it being voluntary, and I didn't even have to ask for it!

I hope that didn't come across as entitled, and I do appreciate the fact that AA could have stood their ground, but my world view is that companies do not need to be run by robots as bureaucracies with no room for critical thought.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2021, 02:13:28 PM »
update:
All set! Your kosher meals have been requested, on both flights.

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2021, 02:30:58 PM »
update:
All set! Your kosher meals have been requested, on both flights.

Has anyone reported back yet about how good the kosher meals on AA are?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2021, 02:37:28 PM »
Has anyone reported back yet about how good the kosher meals on AA are?
Probably typical Borenstein.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2021, 03:11:32 PM »
Probably typical Borenstein.
Is Fresko on UA final? I remember it being a trial? And why wouldnt everyone else change to it too? Unless it more expensive I guess. It was much better than average IMO.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2021, 03:19:09 PM »
Is Fresko on UA final? I remember it being a trial? And why wouldnt everyone else change to it too? Unless it more expensive I guess. It was much better than average IMO.
They're still using them AFAIK.
I'm sure it's more expensive. But give feedback to AA.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2021, 04:40:41 PM »
Do they offer in JFK?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2021, 04:43:34 PM »
Do they offer in JFK?
They sell their stuff in CIBO EWR/JFK/LGA.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2021, 04:45:16 PM »
They sell their stuff in CIBO EWR/JFK/LGA.
That doesn't mean they can get onto the planes.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2021, 04:48:46 PM »
That doesn't mean they can get onto the planes.
If the airlines want it, I'm sure they can get it.
United told me they were planning on catering IAD-TLV and other flights with Fresko...on the day I got COVID-19.
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/airline-news/chatting-united-kwfe-new-kosher-meals-wines/

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2021, 05:57:04 PM »
Doesn't VS serve Fresko ex NYC? They def did in the lounge
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים